News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bar-b-Q?  ( 59,653 )

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bar-b-Q?
« on: August 23, 2005, 05:43:09 PM »
Mrs. Cubbiebluestew and I visit Chicago on occasion and she is partial to ribs.  I can give advice about where to go in the SF Bay Area, but what about Chicago?
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

forklift

Re: Bar-b-Q?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 12:01:37 AM »

I always liked Leon's on the South Side, don't know if it's still there...

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 04:33:29 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on August 23, 2005, 05:43:09 PM
Mrs. Cubbiebluestew and I visit Chicago on occasion and she is partial to ribs.  I can give advice about where to go in the SF Bay Area, but what about Chicago?

I recommend...

Twin Anchors (Sedgewick, just north of North Ave. (1600))
Biasetti's on Irving Park Road near Ashland
Carson's Ribs (there's 1 downtown, and one in West Ridge (Peterson & Clark)
Russels Barbeque (they're in the 'burbs.  I'm familiar with one in Rolling Meadows on  Algonquin Rd)

As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

forklift

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 07:06:21 PM »

I can help you out w/NY BBQ, if ever you need...

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 08:13:25 PM »
Quote from: forklift on August 28, 2005, 07:06:21 PM

Who goes to NY and looks for BBQ?

forklift

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 08:26:12 PM »

Quote from: Rooster on August 28, 2005, 08:13:25 PM
Quote from: forklift on August 28, 2005, 07:06:21 PM

Who goes to NY and looks for BBQ?

Those of us who live here...

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 08:56:53 PM »
Quote from: forklift on August 24, 2005, 12:01:37 AM

I always liked Leon's on the South Side, don't know if it's still there...

Yah, Leon's is still going.  Take-out only, if I recall properly.  I'm partial to Ribs'n'Bibs in Hyde Park, but then again, I'm stuck in Hyde Park.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 09:20:30 AM »
Moment of silence for the Hickory Pit on the South Side, which is no longer, I believe.....
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

berserker

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »

Good time to revive this, since our place is on the market, and we hope to be on either the North side or in the Evanston/Skokie area by mid-May.

Where can a man score a good rack of ribs, with sides that don't suck?

Pancho

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 04:42:08 PM »
Like some have already said, Carsons. The au gratin potatos are where it's at. If you want to take a ride, there's a place in Westmont called Uncle Bub's. Good, big sides and very solid bbq.
"Not for people who live in Alaska. Or people with night-vision goggles."

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »
Fat Willy's rib shack 

2416 W. Schubert
Chicago, IL 60647  Just west of Western just north of Fullerton, across from the AMC Theater, has amazing food, brisket is fantastic and really really good sides (the 8 bean baked beans or the mac and cheese to note 2)
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 05:00:18 PM »
2 reccomendations

1) Bub City

901 West Weed Street
Chicago, Illinois     ph: 312.266.1200

Quote from: berserker on March 02, 2006, 03:51:17 PM

Good time to revive this, since our place is on the market, and we hope to be on either the North side or in the Evanston/Skokie area by mid-May.

Where can a man score a good rack of ribs, with sides that don't suck?
Fork, simple answer: Heckey's

http://heckys.com/html/contact/
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

berserker

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »
Quote from: Pancho on March 02, 2006, 04:42:08 PM
Like some have already said, Carsons. The au gratin potatos are where it's at. If you want to take a ride, there's a place in Westmont called Uncle Bub's. Good, big sides and very solid bbq.

Cool - I've got some relatives in that whole Hinsdale/Westmont/DG/Naperville area, gotta have something to eat, since there's no more Cock Robin

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 05:03:49 PM »

Sadly, the Carsons in Edgebrook/West Ridge is no longer.  The one downtown is still there.

Does anybody remember the N.N. Smokehouse?  It used to be on Irving, near Ashland I want to say.  I believe they moved a few miles west back in '99-2000, but I'm not sure if they're still there.  That place was fan-freaking-tastic.

And Pancho?  Every time I look at your avatar, I get hungry.  Is that the insane Hardee's burger?

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 05:06:46 PM »
Quote from: berserker on March 02, 2006, 05:01:16 PM

Cool - I've got some relatives in that whole Hinsdale/Westmont/DG/Naperville area, gotta have something to eat, since there's no more Cock Robin

The Patio at 75th Street and Kingery (Rte. 83).  There are actually three, but this one puts you right by said area.