News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: How I met your mother (really)  ( 23,253 )

djm

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: How I met your mother (really)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »
I think the show is usually amusing but there is always something to prevent it from being really good.  Last night's epsidoe was actually pretty damn funny. 

dying_diehard

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »
I'll place a slap bet that they continue to get worse as they stray from the comedy and lean towards the drama.
Proudly closing in on 100 years of championship-free baseball.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 02:00:47 PM »
I HATE Wayne Brady

forkserker

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 02:04:35 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on November 30, 2006, 02:00:47 PM
I HATE Wayne Brady

I usually do, but when he was on Chappelle's Show, that was some inspired TV.

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 02:22:24 PM »
My brother met him Vegas. Nice guy from all accounts.

So, they fast forwarded a year to where Lily and Marshal are married and Ted and Robin are still together...does this mean they're going to continue on from there? I hope so. Because at some point this bastard has to meet the mother.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »
Quote from: The Slak on November 30, 2006, 02:22:24 PM

So, they fast forwarded a year to where Lily and Marshal are married and Ted and Robin are still together...does this mean they're going to continue on from there? I hope so. Because at some point this bastard has to meet the mother.

They sure as hell painted themselves into a corner with this stupid concept, didn't they?  I watch the show occasionally, but I always wondered what happens when he finally meets the mother?  The shows over, right?  And now Ted's with Robin and the show is still on, so she can't be the mother right?  Or are they going to break up and get back together 100 times like they did on friends and then the series finale will flash back to the first time they met?  Or are they going to have to try and introduce a new character into cast that seems to have pretty good chemistry?  I blame Bob Seger and his voice over for this.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2006, 02:43:03 PM »
Quote from: CPT on November 30, 2006, 02:39:06 PM

They sure as hell painted themselves into a corner with this stupid concept, didn't they?  I watch the show occasionally, but I always wondered what happens when he finally meets the mother?  The shows over, right?  And now Ted's with Robin and the show is still on, so she can't be the mother right?  Or are they going to break up and get back together 100 times like they did on friends and then the series finale will flash back to the first time they met?  Or are they going to have to try and introduce a new character into cast that seems to have pretty good chemistry?  I blame Bob Seger and his voice over for this.

I'm just going to bold that and let your light bulb go off on it's own.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 02:51:28 PM »
Quote from: The Slak on November 30, 2006, 02:43:03 PM

That's there on purpose, and I'm just going to wait for a Simpsons fan to pick me up.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 03:09:12 PM »
Quote from: CPT on November 30, 2006, 02:51:28 PM

That's there on purpose, and I'm just going to wait for a Simpsons fan to pick me up.

Well that backfired. Hey, look at me, I'm a tough guy.

Usually I can pick you up on the Simpsons references, but I'm failing you miserably on this one.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 03:10:12 PM »
Quote from: The Slak on November 30, 2006, 03:09:12 PM
Quote from: CPT on November 30, 2006, 02:51:28 PM

Well that backfired. Hey, look at me, I'm a tough guy.

Usually I can pick you up on the Simpsons references, but I'm failing you miserably on this one.

Lisa: So long Chief, enjoy Bob Saget!

Chief Wiggum: It's Bob Seger! (looks at tickets) Aw crap.

forkserker

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2006, 03:46:02 PM »

[over-analyze] Lily and Marshall went home earlier (they're a couple), while Ted and Robin stayed (no longer a couple, but still friends) [/over-analyze]

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2006, 03:52:12 PM »
Quote from: forkserker on November 30, 2006, 03:46:02 PM

[over-analyze] Lily and Marshall went home earlier (they're a couple), while Ted and Robin stayed (no longer a couple, but still friends) [/over-analyze]

I'm getting the feeling that I quit watching the last episode too early.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

forkserker

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2006, 03:56:59 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on November 30, 2006, 03:52:12 PM
Quote from: forkserker on November 30, 2006, 03:46:02 PM

I'm getting the feeling that I quit watching the last episode too early.

I think I gave that show far more analysis than it deserves. Next, I'll write a dissertation on the underlying themes of "Two And A Half Men".

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
Fork, I picked up on Ted and Robin staying too.  The whole episode was about couples being lame and not hangin', so this was actually more foreshadowing than just another gay wedding.

Over the summer they reran the pilot and Bob Seger's voiceover when talking to the kids refers to Robin as Aunt Robin.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2006, 05:56:47 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on November 30, 2006, 04:06:35 PM
Fork, I picked up on Ted and Robin staying too.  The whole episode was about couples being lame and not hangin', so this was actually more foreshadowing than just another gay wedding.

Over the summer they reran the pilot and Bob Seger's voiceover when talking to the kids refers to Robin as Aunt Robin.

The best analysis of lame TV: Only at Desipio.

That's excellent work. Never thought of that. Damn.

Al, I remember them referring to Aunt Robin and they said in the first ep. that Robin wasn't the one. Interesting though. I was hoping they would spare us the Lily/Marshall wedding.