News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  ( 132,741 )

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2008, 01:09:48 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on October 24, 2008, 11:29:29 AM
Quote from: CT II on October 24, 2008, 10:55:28 AM
And then, of course, Mac wearing the wig over the bald cap, so he can walk a mile in Frank's shoes.

And THEN, of course, Charlie complimenting Mac on how he did his hair.

Mac's fake hair was AWESOME.

I still went back to watch the one where Mac and Charlie die to see Dennis' eulogy - where he instead screams about not burning the duster for 5 minutes. Fucking gold.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 24, 2008, 01:09:48 PM
Quote from: Kerm on October 24, 2008, 11:29:29 AM
Quote from: CT II on October 24, 2008, 10:55:28 AM
And then, of course, Mac wearing the wig over the bald cap, so he can walk a mile in Frank's shoes.

And THEN, of course, Charlie complimenting Mac on how he did his hair.

Mac's fake hair was AWESOME.

I still went back to watch the one where Mac and Charlie die to see Dennis' eulogy - where he instead screams about not burning the duster for 5 minutes. Fucking gold.

I really like how they've committed to making Mac the "smart one."  Prior to that episode, I always sort of thought of Dennis as the smart one, but now it's always Mac with the plans.  This show is climbing to the top of the heap when it comes to my favorite comedies.  The characters are so outstanding.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2008, 01:48:09 PM »
DPD.

One more thing I wanted to mention about the characters.  The writers and actors have managed to make the characters absolutely despicable, trashy lowlifes while at the same time making them completely lovable.  It's an impressive feat.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2008, 02:19:37 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on October 24, 2008, 01:48:09 PM
DPD.

One more thing I wanted to mention about the characters.  The writers and actors have managed to make the characters absolutely despicable, trashy lowlifes while at the same time making them completely lovable.  It's an impressive feat.

That's because they aren't mean spirited.  They're just goofy, dumb, misanthropes.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2008, 02:49:05 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 24, 2008, 02:19:37 PM
DPD.

That's because they aren't mean spirited.  They're just goofy, dumb, misanthropes.

I don't know, they're pretty big assholes. They fuck people over constantly. The McPoyles. The Waitress. The hot chick at the dance contest. Rickety Cricket. I could go on and on.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2008, 02:55:56 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 24, 2008, 02:49:05 PM
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 24, 2008, 02:19:37 PM
DPD.

I don't know, they're pretty big assholes. They fuck people over constantly. The McPoyles. The Waitress. The hot chick at the dance contest. Rickety Cricket. I could go on and on.

It's no different than Seinfeld. Those characters were unapologetic assholes too, and you still loved them. These guys are just less Jew-y and more white trash-y.

oog

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
They're self-involved, mostly.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2008, 10:18:23 PM »
DPD.

I assume we like them because they're living our dream.  You know, the one where we own a shitty bar instead of doing real work, and stand around all day discussing bullshit while RV does the Charlie-work.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2008, 09:26:49 AM »
Quote from: CT II on October 24, 2008, 10:18:23 PM
DPD.

I assume we like them because they're living our dream.  You know, the one where we own a shitty bar instead of doing real work, and stand around all day discussing bullshit while RV does the Charlie-work.

More of this straight-forward, dead-on analysis can be found at www.hockeenight.com.

Try the veal.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2008, 10:46:04 AM »
DPD.

How is the Viking?  Now is the time to buy...

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: October 25, 2008, 12:26:44 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on October 25, 2008, 10:46:04 AM
DPD.

How is the Viking?  Now is the time to buy...

Based on my rudimentary knowledge of property law, and the fact that I won't pay $.25 to look at the full documents online, it appears that every contractor involved in the renovation of the building filed mechanics liens against it last year.  In November of 2007, 5/3 Bank initiated foreclosure.  Then it looks like somebody bought the property in March of this year (mortgage now held by Banco Popular NA) and got all the liens released.

In other words, we missed our chance.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »
Are these guys reading Desipio?

Nice of Mac and Charlie to demonstrate ex-ante moral hazard.

I love this show.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: November 01, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »
I think this may have topped the scene with the "catfood, glue and beer" for my favorite of all time.

QuoteCHARLIE: This company is being bled like a stuck pig, Mac, and I've got a paper trail to prove it; check this out.

Take a look at this! That right there is the mail. Now let's talk about the mail. Can we talk about the mail, please, Mac? I've been dying to talk about the mail with you all day, okay? Pepe Silvia. This name keeps coming up over and over again. Every day, Pepe's mail is getting sent back to me. Pepe Silvia. Pepe Silvia. I look in the mail, well THIS WHOLE BOX IS PEPE SILVIA! So I say to myself, I gotta find this guy. I gotta go up to his office. I gotta put his mail in the guy's goddamn hands otherwise he's never gonna get it. He's gonna keep coming back down here. So I go up to Pepe's office and what do I find out, Mac? What do I find out? There is no Pepe Silvia. The man does not exist! Okay. so I decided, ohhhhh shit, buddy. I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Pepe Silvia? You gotta be kidding me. I got boxes full of Pepe. Alright, so I start marching my way down to Carol in HR. And I knock on her door and I say "CAAAAAAROL. CAAAAAAAAAAAROL. I gotta talk to you about Pepe." And when I open the door, wha' do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office! THERE. IS. NO. CAROL IN HR. Mac, half the employees in this building have been made up. This office is a goddamn ghost town.

MAC: Okay Charlie I'm gonna have to stop you right there. Not only do all of these people exist, but they have been asking for their mail on a daily basis--it's all they're talking about up there.
Jesus Christ, dude, we are going to lose our jobs.

CHARLIE: Well, calm down. Because here's one thing that's not going to happen.

MAC: What?

CHARLIE: We're not gonna get fired.

MAC: We're not?

CHARLIE: Because we've already been fired.

MAC: We've lost our jobs?

CHARLIE: Yeah. About three days ago, a couple pink slips came in the mail; one for you, one for me. So what did I do? I mailed them halfway to Siberia! Okay?

MAC: Charlie, we've lost our jobs, that means we've lost our health insurance. Which means all of this was for nothing! Goddammit, dude, I am having a panic attack. I am actually having a panic attack.

CHARLIE: Oh, will you settle down and have another cup of coffee.

MAC: I am, bro.

CHARLIE: Alright, well, fine--you know what, Barney? Give this guy a cigarette, he's freaking out.

MAC: Huh? Who?

CHARLIE: Barney. He's the guy who tipped me off to Pepe Silvia.

MAC: Barney? Who the hell is Barney?

CHARLIE: You don't see Bar--oh, shit, where the hell did he...

MAC: You've lost your mind. You've lost your goddamn mind, Charlie!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2008, 01:06:25 PM »
Pepe Sylvia = Pennsylvania. So fucking awesome.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: November 01, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
I liked Charlie's plan for sorting.  Burn the least urgent stuff, because if it's really important, they'll send it again, put the middle urgent stuff back in the mail with his own name on it to buy a couple of days and then deliver the most urgent mail.  Or burn that too.