General Category > Boobtube

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

<< < (47/99) > >>

RV:

--- Quote from: 5laky on October 24, 2008, 02:49:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 24, 2008, 02:19:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kerm on October 24, 2008, 01:48:09 PM ---DPD.

One more thing I wanted to mention about the characters.  The writers and actors have managed to make the characters absolutely despicable, trashy lowlifes while at the same time making them completely lovable.  It's an impressive feat.

--- End quote ---

That's because they aren't mean spirited.  They're just goofy, dumb, misanthropes.

--- End quote ---

I don't know, they're pretty big assholes. They fuck people over constantly. The McPoyles. The Waitress. The hot chick at the dance contest. Rickety Cricket. I could go on and on.

--- End quote ---

It's no different than Seinfeld. Those characters were unapologetic assholes too, and you still loved them. These guys are just less Jew-y and more white trash-y.

oog:
They're self-involved, mostly.

CT II:

One more thing I wanted to mention about the characters.  The writers and actors have managed to make the characters absolutely despicable, trashy lowlifes while at the same time making them completely lovable.  It's an impressive feat.

--- End quote ---

I assume we like them because they're living our dream.  You know, the one where we own a shitty bar instead of doing real work, and stand around all day discussing bullshit while RV does the Charlie-work.

5laky:

--- Quote from: CT II on October 24, 2008, 10:18:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I assume we like them because they're living our dream.  You know, the one where we own a shitty bar instead of doing real work, and stand around all day discussing bullshit while RV does the Charlie-work.

--- End quote ---

More of this straight-forward, dead-on analysis can be found at www.hockeenight.com.

Try the veal.

Kerm:

--- Quote from: CT II on October 24, 2008, 10:18:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

How is the Viking?  Now is the time to buy...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version