News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip  ( 90,303 )

forkserker

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:38:22 PM »

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 08:31:18 AM »
The first three minutes are on You Tube with Judd Hirsch going all "Network" on us.  So far the reviews have all been great, except for Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly, who would only like it if it was full of...uh...um...homos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K79OHbSMWQI

I'm looking forward to it.  Especially with ESPN killing Monday Night Football with assclowns like Berman, Irvin, Theismann and Kolber.

forkserker

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 08:34:28 AM »

I watched the pilot yesterday, then set up the Season Pass on my TiVo. Looks like another solid Sorkin effort.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:55:48 AM »
I watched it last week.  Sorkin is a genius. 

My girlfriend and I also just finished watching Sports Night, which was also absurdly good.  The most astonishing thing about Sports Night - Sorkin wrote or co-wrote 16 episodes of Season Two while writing or co-writing 21 freakin' episodes of the West Wing at the same time!

We actually thought that the first episode was a great set-up, but you don't really see the kind of dialog or story that Sorkin is known for.  Which makes it similar to Sports Night, which took a few episodes to really get rolling.  That isn't to say it wasn't good, because it was, and we will definitely be watching the next episode.

Anyway, to sum it up: Sorkin = crack-fueled genius.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:24:23 AM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on September 14, 2006, 09:55:48 AM
I watched it last week.  Sorkin is a genius. 

My girlfriend and I also just finished watching Sports Night, which was also absurdly good.  The most astonishing thing about Sports Night - Sorkin wrote or co-wrote 16 episodes of Season Two while writing or co-writing 21 freakin' episodes of the West Wing at the same time!

We actually thought that the first episode was a great set-up, but you don't really see the kind of dialog or story that Sorkin is known for.  Which makes it similar to Sports Night, which took a few episodes to really get rolling.  That isn't to say it wasn't good, because it was, and we will definitely be watching the next episode.

Anyway, to sum it up: Sorkin = crack-fueled genius.

Sports Night is one of my all time favorite shows.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:49:09 PM »
Sports Night debuted when I was a senior in High School, and it was a tremendous influence on me picking my major the next year.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 03:20:10 PM »
Sports Night taught me how to banter.  I never knew that I was supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form only to have them repeat their original sentence BACK to me.  Then, I would follow that up with a who, what, where, why, or how followed by 3/4 of their sentence again.  I've had banter sessions go on for hours.  And now no one will talk, errr, I mean, banter with me anymore.  That said.  I like Sports Night, too.  I never did see how it ended, though. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 03:30:40 PM »
Quote from: JD on September 15, 2006, 03:20:10 PM
Sports Night taught me how to banter.  I never knew that I was supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form only to have them repeat their original sentence BACK to me.  Then, I would follow that up with a who, what, where, why, or how followed by 3/4 of their sentence again.  I've had banter sessions go on for hours.  And now no one will talk, errr, I mean, banter with me anymore.  That said.  I like Sports Night, too.  I never did see how it ended, though. 

No one will banter with you?
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 03:33:53 PM »

You didn't know you were supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form?

Bad Kermit

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 03:37:14 PM »
Quote from: James Westfall on September 15, 2006, 03:33:53 PM

You didn't know you were supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form?

No, he didn't know that he was supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »
Quote from: Bad Kermit on September 15, 2006, 03:37:14 PM

No, he didn't know that he was supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form.

You're supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »
Quote from: James Westfall on September 15, 2006, 03:42:46 PM

Why am I supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form?

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »
Quote from: Bad Kermit on September 15, 2006, 03:44:15 PM

Why am I supposed to repeat 3/4 of the other person's sentence in question form?

This seems like a good spot to insert one of my all time favorite SN lines....

I gotta tell ya, at this point the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 04:27:43 PM »
Quote from: James Westfall on September 15, 2006, 04:23:03 PM
Quote from: Bad Kermit on September 15, 2006, 03:44:15 PM

This seems like a good spot to insert one of my all time favorite SN lines....

I gotta tell ya, at this point the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it.

The length of this conversation is way_

Ah, fuck it.  Let's go bowling.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 08:55:53 PM »
"I hate to break it to you Casey, but there's Fifty-TWO states, if you count Nebraska and Rhode Island"

-The Cutman