News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip  ( 90,305 )

mtvernon

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 09:11:02 AM »
I don't have any comments on SN, but Studio 60 ... was very good last night.  Ditto the comments above about Sorkin. 

forkserker

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 09:14:29 AM »

Money-earnin' Mount Vernon!

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 09:41:59 AM »
I watched it, thought it was pretty good. I'll be watching it more.

Anyone think they pumped enough money into this thing? I mean imagine how much! No, no wait. Don't do that. Just trust me, it's a lot.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 05:27:23 PM »
I was psyched because I always enjoy a good look at Amanda Peet, and I'm a big fan of Sarah Paulson.  Then I found out that Paulson's a dyke. 

So that was distressing.

But her girlfriend is hot.

So I just rallied!  Whoo hoo!

I thought the first one was solid.  I like how Matthew Perry is playing a guy addicted to pain killers.  How many eps before we get the obligatory Josh Malina sighting?  I was honestly shocked that he didn't appear in the pilot.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 06:29:16 PM »
Malina should play the exact character he played on 'sports night' except however many years down the road it's been.  Matthew Perry could interview him for the job by asking him for the 5 things he'd do to make "the simpsons" relevant again. 

And bring back Sabrina Lloyd, too.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 06:36:37 PM »
So this Pat Paulsen feller was a dyke?  I ain't exactly sure what a dyke is, because I ain't familiar with the spelling, but I think it is a naughtycal term having to do with the Levy's, a nice Jewish family that lived in New Orleans, until they went broke and had to move Houston which is a neighborhood in the south part of New York City.  What was the question?
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 09:40:40 AM »
Excellent work on 60.  I really enjoyed the friendship between Perry and Whitford.  Seemed genuine without being gay.  It's now on my schedule.  I missed getting in on West Wing when it first came out and never bothered to drop in on it in the middle.  I'm not making that mistake again.

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 12:24:34 PM »
Quote from: Andy on September 21, 2006, 05:27:23 PM
I was psyched because I always enjoy a good look at Amanda Peet

The look is really, really good.

Then she starts to talk and move (I hear she calls it "acting") and the illusion is destroyed.

If I only had a Mr. Skin membership, I could download The Whole 30 Seconds of her career worth watching.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 12:28:11 PM »
Seeing her in Igby Goes Down completely ruined her for me. She is frighteningly hideous in that movie.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 11:03:05 PM »
This show is just great. The last five minutes of tonight's show were awesome, although it had the unfortunately-usual quiet moment at the end of the show that Sorkin seems to have fallen in love with. The press conference at the start was also pretty good.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 11:17:32 PM »
I'm no expert on Sorkin's writing having not watched his other shows, but is it just me or there a lot of "tough guy" lines in this show?

Oh did I set the bar too high? Clear it

Get me a damn audience.

Etc.

Besides that very overlookable offense, I really like this show.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 11:26:33 PM »
LOOK man...these people ARE tough.  They're working in TEEEEEEE---frickin'---VEEEEEEEE.  And if you can't HANDLE that, if that's too SEVERE for you, then maybe you need to take your little delicate sensiblities to the CW cuz NBC's gunnin right for your DICK.  and stuff. 
And, Aaron Sorkin?  Aaron SORKIN?  Aaron FUCKING Sorkin? Yeah, you heard me.  I said it not once, not twice, but THREE times.  It's that damn nice.  And that's twice more than you can ever HOPE to say it after tonight.  Check THIS---don't ever mention his name again.  You've LOST that priviledge, Slaky.  Now why don't you go jerk off to some "sex in the  city" skank with old lady hands and face lift scars cuz that's ALL your about right now at this very moment. 

Anybody watch "heroes," by the way?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 09:13:35 AM »
That seems to be in a lot of Sorkins stuff.  Bravado and false bravado.  He plays it well.

I have Heroes on the DVR to watch tonight.  I've been waiting for this since they announced it.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 10:03:32 AM »
Friend of mine made a good point. That blonde lady (that the lesbo?) who is a star of the show within the show, it supposed to be talented and hilarious yet she is neither. Good times right there.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 10:52:17 AM »
Quote from: The Slak on September 26, 2006, 10:03:32 AM
Friend of mine made a good point. That blonde lady (that the lesbo?) who is a star of the show within the show, it supposed to be talented and hilarious yet she is neither. Good times right there.

She dumped Matthew Perry's character by e-mail! Come on, that takes serious talent, right?
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.