News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ted Lilly. A Cub.  ( 44,544 )

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Re: Ted Lilly. A Cub.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43:10 AM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on July 26, 2007, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: Down In Front on July 26, 2007, 09:00:50 AM
Quote from: Fourk on July 26, 2007, 08:17:49 AM
Quote from: forkserker on December 07, 2006, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: Apex on December 07, 2006, 09:43:28 AM
If he goes 15-13 with a 4.31 this year, that would be great. Those were his numbers with the Jays last year. That ERA has to come down in the NL. I'm thinking 13-10, 4.13. I'd have no complaints.

If he's the #3 starter, behind Z and Hill, it's not bad at all. If he's #4 starter behind Z and Hill, and Prior undergoes a successful addadictomy, it's great. For a #2, we're in last again.

Boy, this guy was way off. What a dick.

I saw that *I* started this thread and took a breath.  I was glad I didn't embarass myself...this time..although there are certainly hundreds of cases here where I have.  I was bracing myself to see the deal get ripped and prepared to calll that Huey guy out as a ledge-jumping, panty-wearin' overreacting pansy. 

It is interesting that Pex, who puts on a an optimsitic face more than most (so long as the deals in question don't net middling white guys who walk a lot and get a bunch of singles), still underestimated, vastly it would seem so far, Lilly's season.  Holy shit, Hendry may have gone all Jed Clampett on this one. 

Yeah, but who actually expected the fly ball pitching Lilly (fly baller?) would be 11-4 at this point, 5-0 in July, with a 3.16 ERA at Wrigley?

Don't lie to me. I can always tell when people lie to me.
I did.  That is why I drafted him to be part of the Harry Caray's Posse.*

*I may or may not have seen this coming.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 10:40:17 AM »
My only prediction for Lilly would have been that he'd be the Starting Pitcher most likely to deconstruct Michael Barrett's face. 

I would have been wrong.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on July 26, 2007, 10:40:17 AM
My only prediction for Lilly would have been that he'd be the Starting Pitcher most likely to deconstruct Michael Barrett's face. 

I would have been wrong.

If it were to happen, Al, Lilly would have made sure it was far, far away from cameras and would not be a suspect for a long, long time.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 11:09:58 AM »
and Prior undergoes a successful addadictomy, it's great.

It happens even to the best of us, Fork.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

DPappy

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on July 26, 2007, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: Down In Front on July 26, 2007, 09:00:50 AM
If he goes 15-13 with a 4.31 this year, that would be great. Those were his numbers with the Jays last year. That ERA has to come down in the NL. I'm thinking 13-10, 4.13. I'd have no complaints.

If he's the #3 starter, behind Z and Hill, it's not bad at all. If he's #4 starter behind Z and Hill, and Prior undergoes a successful addadictomy, it's great. For a #2, we're in last again.

I saw that *I* started this thread and took a breath.  I was glad I didn't embarass myself...this time..although there are certainly hundreds of cases here where I have.  I was bracing myself to see the deal get ripped and prepared to calll that Huey guy out as a ledge-jumping, panty-wearin' overreacting pansy. 

It is interesting that Pex, who puts on a an optimsitic face more than most (so long as the deals in question don't net middling white guys who walk a lot and get a bunch of singles), still underestimated, vastly it would seem so far, Lilly's season.  Holy shit, Hendry may have gone all Jed Clampett on this one. 

Yeah, but who actually expected the fly ball pitching Lilly (fly baller?) would be 11-4 at this point, 5-0 in July, with a 3.16 ERA at Wrigley?

Don't lie to me. I can always tell when people lie to me.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though the wind is blowing in EVERY time I'm watching a game played at Wrigley.
It may be retarded but McCain's No 2 would still choose life for it. Because she's compassionate like that.  ~Apex

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »
Quote from: SD on July 26, 2007, 11:09:58 AM
and Prior undergoes a successful addadictomy, it's great.

It happens even to the best of us, Fork.

I should know, what with being the best of us and all.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 10:49:07 PM »
Ted Lilly. A SPLOOGE.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 03:26:08 AM »
I will cheerfully hold my hands up (assuming Fork doesn't cut them off before he makes me walk the plank) and admit that I didn't see this coming.  I drafted Lilly for my fantasy team back when he was a Yankee, and dropped him half way through the year because I thought he was flaky.  I hope he never reads that.

Ted Lilly is a 24-carat, balls-out, hard-nosed cunt.  If the Cubs end up in game 7 of the World Series, I want Ted Lilly on the mound.  What a fucking stud.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 03:57:02 AM »

Lilly has ice water in his veins. He has exceeded our expectations by miles.

I positive Lilly, Peter North-style.
+=

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 07:02:01 AM »
I positive Ted Lilly.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 07:49:34 AM »
Nice of Tedward Freezer Heads to go out and show everybody what a mentally deficient, gaping vagina Zambrano is.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 07:51:43 AM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Disagreement on September 20, 2007, 07:49:34 AM
Nice of Tedward Freezer Heads to go out and show everybody what a mentally deficient, gaping vagina Zambrano is.

They each have their place. When Zambrano's lunacy is harnessed properly, he can be effective. Lilly is just cold and methodical. I don't think he would approach Game 7 any differently than he would an intrasquad game.
+=

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 07:58:50 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 20, 2007, 07:51:43 AM
Quote from: The Ghost of Disagreement on September 20, 2007, 07:49:34 AM

They each have their place. When Zambrano's lunacy is harnessed properly, he can be effective. Lilly is just cold and methodical. I don't think he would approach Game 7 any differently than he would an intrasquad game.

And Lilly's place is pitching game 1 of the playoffs.

I really like this though... "When Zambrano's lunacy is harnessed properly, he can be effective."  The inference being Z's lunacy is not only unharnessed at times, but even when it is, it's none always done properly (i.e. positive affect).  But even when he does manage to harness it properly, he can be effective.  Which isn't saying that he is effective.  Which I  simply stated as Z being a mentally deficient, gaping vagina.  But you said it better.  You're like a little miniature Buddha.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 08:24:39 AM »

My baseball knowledge appears to be Morganesque.

(hangs head, walking away with Charlie Brown music playing)
+=

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:20 AM »
Lilly is a stone cold serial killer. Big positive for the way he pitched last night. It's a shame that he didn't get the win.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou