News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ted Lilly. A Cub.  ( 44,604 )

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ted Lilly. A Cub.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:47 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on September 20, 2007, 08:29:20 AM
Lilly is a stone cold serial killer. Big positive for the way he pitched last night. It's a shame that he didn't get the win.

It's more of a shame for the person he took it out on.  RIP.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 08:56:22 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 20, 2007, 08:24:39 AM
Quote from: Fourk on July 26, 2007, 08:17:49 AM
Quote from: forkserker on December 07, 2006, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: Apex on December 07, 2006, 09:43:28 AM
If he goes 15-13 with a 4.31 this year, that would be great. Those were his numbers with the Jays last year. That ERA has to come down in the NL. I'm thinking 13-10, 4.13. I'd have no complaints.

If he's the #3 starter, behind Z and Hill, it's not bad at all. If he's #4 starter behind Z and Hill, and Prior undergoes a successful addadictomy, it's great. For a #2, we're in last again.

Boy, this guy was way off. What a dick.

My baseball knowledge appears to be Morganesque.

(hangs head, walking away with Charlie Brown music playing)

For you to be truly Morganesque, you would have said, "I haven't seen Ted Lilly pitch much, but Gary Sheffield is the best hitter of the last 20 years."

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 09:10:57 AM »
Quote from: EG on September 20, 2007, 08:56:22 AM
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 20, 2007, 08:24:39 AM
Quote from: Fourk on July 26, 2007, 08:17:49 AM
Quote from: forkserker on December 07, 2006, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: Apex on December 07, 2006, 09:43:28 AM
If he goes 15-13 with a 4.31 this year, that would be great. Those were his numbers with the Jays last year. That ERA has to come down in the NL. I'm thinking 13-10, 4.13. I'd have no complaints.

If he's the #3 starter, behind Z and Hill, it's not bad at all. If he's #4 starter behind Z and Hill, and Prior undergoes a successful addadictomy, it's great. For a #2, we're in last again.

Boy, this guy was way off. What a dick.

My baseball knowledge appears to be Morganesque.

(hangs head, walking away with Charlie Brown music playing)

For you to be truly Morganesque, you would have said, "I haven't seen Ted Lilly pitch much, but Gary Sheffield is the best hitter of the last 20 years."

Lilly has been consistent.
+=

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Disagreement on September 20, 2007, 07:58:50 AM
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 20, 2007, 07:51:43 AM
Quote from: The Ghost of Disagreement on September 20, 2007, 07:49:34 AM
Nice of Tedward Freezer Heads to go out and show everybody what a mentally deficient, gaping vagina Zambrano is.

They each have their place. When Zambrano's lunacy is harnessed properly, he can be effective. Lilly is just cold and methodical. I don't think he would approach Game 7 any differently than he would an intrasquad game.

And Lilly's place is pitching game 1 of the playoffs.

I really like this though... "When Zambrano's lunacy is harnessed properly, he can be effective."  The inference being Z's lunacy is not only unharnessed at times, but even when it is, it's none always done properly (i.e. positive affect).  But even when he does manage to harness it properly, he can be effective.  Which isn't saying that he is effective.  Which I  simply stated as Z being a mentally deficient, gaping vagina.  But you said it better.  You're like a little miniature Buddha.

I completely agree.

Lilly-Carlos-Hill-Marquis.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »
Quote from: Kermit on September 20, 2007, 11:13:35 AM
Quote from: The Ghost of Disagreement on September 20, 2007, 07:58:50 AM
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 20, 2007, 07:51:43 AM
Nice of Tedward Freezer Heads to go out and show everybody what a mentally deficient, gaping vagina Zambrano is.

They each have their place. When Zambrano's lunacy is harnessed properly, he can be effective. Lilly is just cold and methodical. I don't think he would approach Game 7 any differently than he would an intrasquad game.

And Lilly's place is pitching game 1 of the playoffs.

I really like this though... "When Zambrano's lunacy is harnessed properly, he can be effective."  The inference being Z's lunacy is not only unharnessed at times, but even when it is, it's none always done properly (i.e. positive affect).  But even when he does manage to harness it properly, he can be effective.  Which isn't saying that he is effective.  Which I  simply stated as Z being a mentally deficient, gaping vagina.  But you said it better.  You're like a little miniature Buddha.

You've seen my dashboard?

+=

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 11:41:59 AM »

Shit. I have to remind everyone that with the lefthanded thunder in the Reds' lineup and their ability to hit just about anybody, God included, that Lilly is just a better matchup against them. What Z did to the Tards last weekend was just plain wrong. He's got the stuff in him. We'll see it again too before long. He battled the other night. He just got beat. Relax.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 01:07:16 PM »
My biggest concern with Z is his temperament in high-pressure situations.

Put into Game 1 of a playoff series, he's liable to seize up and overthrow his pitches, and then proceed to thunder around the mound punching himself in the brain.

An eerily/psychotically calm Lilly performance the night before, on the other hand, just might be what it takes to settle Carlos down.

Or not. He is hard to predict, that one.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 01:08:25 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on September 20, 2007, 01:07:16 PM

Put into Game 1 of a playoff series, he's liable to seize up and overthrow his pitches, and then proceed to thunder around the mound punching himself in the brain.

An eerily/psychotically calm Lilly performance the night before, on the other hand, just might be what it takes to settle Carlos down.

The only hope we have to cling to is that Z nuts up with money on the line.
+=

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »

OR, a loss by Lilly the night before puts even more pressure on Z in game two, leading to a classic Z freakout.

If Carlos can't handle the game one pressure and blows it, we would then have a calm, cool, and collected Lilly going in a must win game two.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
Quote from: butthead on September 20, 2007, 01:12:40 PM

OR, a loss by Lilly the night before puts even more pressure on Z in game two, leading to a classic Z freakout.

If Carlos can't handle the game one pressure and blows it, we would then have a calm, cool, and collected Lilly going in a must win game two.

Intrepid Reader: Ned Flanders

That's a dilly of a pickle.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 02:32:22 PM »

The greater concern to me is whether or not Hill just turns to a puddle on the mound in Game 3.
+=

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 02:36:49 PM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 20, 2007, 02:32:22 PM

The greater concern to me is whether or not Hill just turns to a puddle on the mound in Game 3.

Don't worry they've got Trachsel for long relief...

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 02:43:30 PM »
I support the Big Moose at #1 and the Bull Moose at #2 in a playoff series.  Based on his performance against the Deadbirds in big game situations, I believe that Carlos will be able to control himself in the post season.  But, as somebody else pointed out, if he is unable to do so, then it is ideal to have Captain McIcey-Veins pitching behind him.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on September 20, 2007, 02:36:49 PM

the operative word being LONG.
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 02:51:05 PM »
Quote from: Dan on September 20, 2007, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on September 20, 2007, 02:36:49 PM

the operative word being LONG.

Actually, Hill would be Game 4. Piniella has the rotation set as Z/Freezerheads/Marky/Hill.
+=