News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 634,915 )

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 02:42:42 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on February 02, 2007, 12:57:38 PM
Buyer Beware!

As a result of my request for vacation help, I received a suggestion from Brian to go to "Couples Swept Away" in Jamaica.

The wife and I had been discussing an inexpensive get away.  We decided it didn't really matter where we went as long as we could sit poolside or oceanside and have someone bring us drinks and food.  We had been to Puerto Vallarta a couple times and I had sort of decided we should just go again and enjoy ourselves on the cheap.  Relax for a few days away from the cold and from our little 13 month old energizer bunny.

At Brian's suggestion I checked out Swept Away while the wife hovered over my shoulder.  "Oh that looks really nice!".  It was all I needed to hear.  I knew my budget was shot.  It's a great looking place and I am looking forward to it, but my Puerto Vallarta all inclusive for 4 nights was like 850 each.  Fancy Brian's Jamaica place was more than twice that.

Thanks Dude

Does that include the swinging parties?
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

forkserker

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 02, 2007, 01:15:09 PM
Quote from: butthead on February 02, 2007, 12:43:53 PM
I can't keep my pants up because I have a huge belly, but no ass. My ass crack gets more exposure than Peyton Manning during Super Bowl week. Any suggestions? Suspenders maybe?

One word: Zubaz

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com

They sell not only suspenders, but also extra-long T-shirts to prevent plumber's butt.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 03:58:42 PM »
Quote from: bozos72 on February 02, 2007, 02:42:42 PM
Buyer Beware!

As a result of my request for vacation help, I received a suggestion from Brian to go to "Couples Swept Away" in Jamaica.

The wife and I had been discussing an inexpensive get away.  We decided it didn't really matter where we went as long as we could sit poolside or oceanside and have someone bring us drinks and food.  We had been to Puerto Vallarta a couple times and I had sort of decided we should just go again and enjoy ourselves on the cheap.  Relax for a few days away from the cold and from our little 13 month old energizer bunny.

At Brian's suggestion I checked out Swept Away while the wife hovered over my shoulder.  "Oh that looks really nice!".  It was all I needed to hear.  I knew my budget was shot.  It's a great looking place and I am looking forward to it, but my Puerto Vallarta all inclusive for 4 nights was like 850 each.  Fancy Brian's Jamaica place was more than twice that.

Thanks Dude

I think you're thinking of Hedonism.  That place is supposed to be and advertises itself as freaky.

$3300 for a 4 day trip.  It's amazing how much a married guy has to pay to get action more than once in a week.

Slak(et al) enjoy the single life while you can.  And this is free advice from a happily married guy.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 04:37:51 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on February 02, 2007, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: bozos72 on February 02, 2007, 02:42:42 PM
Buyer Beware!

The wife and I had been discussing an inexpensive get away.  We decided it didn't really matter where we went as long as we could sit poolside or oceanside and have someone bring us drinks and food.  We had been to Puerto Vallarta a couple times and I had sort of decided we should just go again and enjoy ourselves on the cheap.  Relax for a few days away from the cold and from our little 13 month old energizer bunny.

At Brian's suggestion I checked out Swept Away while the wife hovered over my shoulder.  "Oh that looks really nice!".  It was all I needed to hear.  I knew my budget was shot.  It's a great looking place and I am looking forward to it, but my Puerto Vallarta all inclusive for 4 nights was like 850 each.  Fancy Brian's Jamaica place was more than twice that.

Thanks Dude

I think you're thinking of Hedonism.  That place is supposed to be and advertises itself as freaky.

$3300 for a 4 day trip.  It's amazing how much a married guy has to pay to get action more than once in a week.

Slak(et al) enjoy the single life while you can.  And this is free advice from a happily married guy.

It's being enjoyed. However, pretty sure Hedonism is disgusting old married people, not hot chicks. I would steer clear.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 07:03:23 PM »
Quote from: forkserker on February 02, 2007, 02:46:56 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on February 02, 2007, 01:15:09 PM
Quote from: butthead on February 02, 2007, 12:43:53 PM
I can't keep my pants up because I have a huge belly, but no ass. My ass crack gets more exposure than Peyton Manning during Super Bowl week. Any suggestions? Suspenders maybe?

One word: Zubaz

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com

They sell not only suspenders, but also extra-long T-shirts to prevent plumber's butt.

Extra-long T-shirts is a great idea. Much easier then losing the gut so my pants fit.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »
Quote from: bozos72 on February 02, 2007, 02:41:21 PM
Quote from: Huey on February 02, 2007, 02:12:33 PM
Buyer Beware!

Thanks Dude

Well now you can talk to Chuck about refinancing your home.

I thought Chuck did commercial stuff.  Do I need to be talking to Chuck?
We do mortgages, too.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »
OK...here's one.  Anyone know where I can download a pdf of a blank super bowl squares sheet and/or strip tab forms?  There's going to be a bunch of people at a party and I'd love to get some uniformity to a few of these going at once.

Thanks.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 04:10:24 PM »

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »
All right, I'm dragging this thread back out -- it seems like a slow enough morning here.

I'm looking to move to Kansas City in the next few months (if you care -- long-term girlfriend is there) and that would first require a job.  I'm willing to look across some sort of marketing/journalistic/editorial/PR capacity.  I could also do something within higher education.  I could also pitch for the Royals, I think.

My first question is if anyone is in the KC area, or knows someone there who might have jobs leads.

Also, any ideas on job websites worth looking at?  I've done the typical stuff like Monster.com and CareerBuilder, but a lot of the marketing jobs listed there are just sales, which isn't something I'm interested in.  Where do you guys look for employment?  Besides the back alleys and street corners, of course.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 11:00:03 AM »
Quote from: EG on March 07, 2007, 10:48:45 AM
All right, I'm dragging this thread back out -- it seems like a slow enough morning here.

I'm looking to move to Kansas City in the next few months (if you care -- long-term girlfriend is there) and that would first require a job.  I'm willing to look across some sort of marketing/journalistic/editorial/PR capacity.  I could also do something within higher education.  I could also pitch for the Royals, I think.

My first question is if anyone is in the KC area, or knows someone there who might have jobs leads.

Also, any ideas on job websites worth looking at?  I've done the typical stuff like Monster.com and CareerBuilder, but a lot of the marketing jobs listed there are just sales, which isn't something I'm interested in.  Where do you guys look for employment?  Besides the back alleys and street corners, of course.

Welcome to my world.  Non-Sales marketing jobs are hard to find on the career sites.  Most of them seem to be in major cities.  You could try a recruiting agency to see if they can match you with something.  Most of what I've gotten from Monster is SPAM.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2007, 11:03:45 AM »
Quote from: EG on March 07, 2007, 10:48:45 AM

Paging Jake Potter... Jake Potter? Jake?

Doesn't he live in KC? Is he gainfully employed? He has mouths to feed.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2007, 11:15:57 AM »
Quote from: James Westfall on March 07, 2007, 11:00:03 AM

Welcome to my world.  Non-Sales marketing jobs are hard to find on the career sites.  Most of them seem to be in major cities.  You could try a recruiting agency to see if they can match you with something.  Most of what I've gotten from Monster is SPAM.

I hear ya.  It's a little tricky for me -- I have two years of experience, so I'm slightly underqualified for those jobs that want 5+ years of experience.  But at the same time, I'm past most "entry level" stuff.  Maybe I shouldn't be so hung up on those "desired qualifications."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »
Jake would be of help.  Try him at his jake@desipio.com e-mail and see if he ever checks it.

The only other guy I know who lives in KC is Joe Carter and you DO NOT want him getting a hold of your e-mail address.  He keeps pestering me about why Pete Rozelle never returns his IMs.