News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 634,893 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3630 on: November 29, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »
Moving up the top of the list of bad ideas I've had...

We have a meeting at work this week with Joe Ricketts (the elder.)  He runs the Bison Council and we have a potential opportunity to work with them.

As the resident Cubs guy at the office, I've been asked for help on a quick assignment. 

Our chef is going to make bison meatball sliders with goat cheese and giardiniera to serve at the meeting and I've been asked to come up with creative, relevant names for said sandwich to show him that...you know..."we get it." 

So, if anyone is so inclined, I'd love to crowdsource this beyond the Slackbox to see what amazing names we can bring forth. 

I'll take any and all ideas and will share back what we came up with including my own bad ideas.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3631 on: November 29, 2016, 08:45:40 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 29, 2016, 07:44:52 PM

We have a meeting at work this week with Joe Ricketts (the elder.)  He runs the Bison Council and we have a potential opportunity to work with them.

As the resident Cubs guy at the office, I've been asked for help on a quick assignment. 

Our chef is going to make bison meatball sliders with goat cheese and giardiniera to serve at the meeting and I've been asked to come up with creative, relevant names for said sandwich to show him that...you know..."we get it." 

So, if anyone is so inclined, I'd love to crowdsource this beyond the Slackbox to see what amazing names we can bring forth. 

I'll take any and all ideas and will share back what we came up with including my own bad ideas.

It needs to be called "The Huey" and when he asks why Bort needs to walk into the room and give a 90 minute powerpoint presentation on the Shoutbox/Desipio/Slackbox.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3632 on: November 29, 2016, 08:57:03 PM »
How about you don't make them with goat cheese and just do something creative.

But the "Huey" while awesome needs optoates
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3633 on: November 29, 2016, 09:12:15 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 29, 2016, 08:45:40 PM

It needs to be called "The Huey" and when he asks why Bort needs to walk into the room and give a 90 minute powerpoint presentation on the Shoutbox/Desipio/Slackbox.

Aaaaaaaaand I just had to explain to my wife why I snortlaughed.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3634 on: November 29, 2016, 09:52:11 PM »

So you're looking for Cubs-related names, or just clever bison-related fare?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3635 on: November 29, 2016, 10:05:30 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 29, 2016, 09:52:11 PM

The "Bull Durham" kind of covers both.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3636 on: November 30, 2016, 12:09:11 AM »

We have a meeting at work this week with Joe Ricketts (the elder.)  He runs the Bison Council and we have a potential opportunity to work with them.

Both.

Like, umm....
The Friendly Slider
The Cursebreaker
Wrigley Roamer
1060 W. Bison
Bison Ivy
Clark & Bovinae
Take Me Out To The Bison  
MeatBall Four
Rizzo's Roamer
Bison Edwards Jr.

I have no idea.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3637 on: November 30, 2016, 12:30:37 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 30, 2016, 12:09:11 AM

We have a meeting at work this week with Joe Ricketts (the elder.)  He runs the Bison Council and we have a potential opportunity to work with them.

Both.

Like, umm....
The Friendly Slider
The Cursebreaker
Wrigley Roamer
1060 W. Bison
Bison Ivy
Clark & Bovinae
Take Me Out To The Bison  
MeatBall Four
Rizzo's Roamer
Bison Edwards Jr.

I have no idea.
. The Fuck Snork Forever
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3638 on: November 30, 2016, 12:33:51 AM »
Joe Ricketts doesn't really care about baseball. If you want to picture a wealthier, older, non-mustachioed version of Ron Swanson, thaat's Joe Ricketts.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3639 on: November 30, 2016, 12:39:09 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 30, 2016, 12:33:51 AM
Joe Ricketts doesn't really care about baseball. If you want to picture a wealthier, older, non-mustachioed version of Ron Swanson, thaat's Joe Ricketts.

High Plains Bison (Joe's company) explicitly advertises themselves as "The Official Lean Meat of the Chicago Cubs." 

So, how about "The North Slider?"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3640 on: November 30, 2016, 02:17:45 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 30, 2016, 12:39:09 AM
Quote from: Brownie on November 30, 2016, 12:33:51 AM

High Plains Bison (Joe's company) explicitly advertises themselves as "The Official Lean Meat of the Chicago Cubs."  

So, how about "The North Slider?"

Sliders are gross
I know there are all kinds but the first thing I think of is White Castle.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3641 on: November 30, 2016, 03:05:55 AM »
How about the Thanks A Lot for Donald Trump, You Spineless Fuckface Burger? Too long?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3642 on: November 30, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »
The "Fuck Buffett" Buffet

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3643 on: November 30, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »

When does this happen?  I want to make sure I'm in the room.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3644 on: November 30, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 30, 2016, 09:59:50 AM

When does this happen?  I want to make sure I'm in the room.

Yesterday my wife mentioned something off-hand to her co-workers about a podcast I do with my "internet friends" and they were like....."internet friends? what does that mean?" and I really need an app where you just push a button and a recording of Bort trying to explain Desipio/Slack/Shoutbox pops up.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015