News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 634,458 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3705 on: March 29, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 29, 2017, 07:18:14 PM
So, what should I do if the other driver (who was determined to be at fault) doesn't appear to have insurance? The information recorded on the accident report was inaccurate (not their insurance) and I'm getting radio silence from the other driver's guardian about the insurance. The other driver was 16, and said to me that his guardian wanted to sort it out with me.

Contact your agent or your insurance company.
You have uninsured driver on your policy.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3706 on: March 29, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
Quote from: flannj on March 29, 2017, 08:08:30 PM
So, what should I do if the other driver (who was determined to be at fault) doesn't appear to have insurance? The information recorded on the accident report was inaccurate (not their insurance) and I'm getting radio silence from the other driver's guardian about the insurance. The other driver was 16, and said to me that his guardian wanted to sort it out with me.

Yup. Document everything they tell you, and everything your insurance company tells you.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3707 on: March 29, 2017, 08:27:06 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 29, 2017, 08:11:41 PM

Yup. Document everything they tell you, and everything your insurance company tells you.

You may also want to contact the officer that wrote the report.
Assuming a ticket was issued you may need to show up for a court date.
If your agent or insurance company is responsive they might want you to do that as well.
But I'll let the Juris Doctors here take over at this point.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3708 on: March 29, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »
Quote from: flannj on March 29, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

If your agent or insurance company is responsive they might want you to do that as well.

You've contacted your insurance already, right?  You're required to do so pretty quickly after a potential claim, otherwise they may not have to pay.  If you haven't talked to them yet, find out ASAP how long you have to report a potential claim (should be noted somewhere in your policy or even printed on the back of your card) and tell that guardian to make you a cash offer immediately or you're turning things over to your insurance company.  If their offer is enough to pay for the repairs yourself, great.  I would take it.  If not, report the claim to your insurance and let them handle it.  Get a copy of the police report if you don't already have one.  Whatever you do, don't blow the deadline to report the incident to your insurance without cash in hand.

I can't see why he would "need" to show up for court, unless some kind of criminal charge has been filed against the other driver.  If that's the case, the prosecutor or police would already be calling you, begging you to help their case by testifying.

** Every case is different, consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction, I'm only licensed in California, Stew is the real lawyer, etc. etc. etc.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3709 on: March 29, 2017, 11:39:13 PM »
While I'm in this thread, any recommendations for dining in Las Colinas, TX/Irving?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3710 on: March 30, 2017, 09:17:19 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 29, 2017, 11:39:13 PM
While I'm in this thread, any recommendations for dining in Las Colinas, TX/Irving?

No.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3711 on: March 30, 2017, 10:26:09 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 30, 2017, 09:17:19 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 29, 2017, 11:39:13 PM

No.

No.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3712 on: March 30, 2017, 11:02:26 AM »
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3713 on: March 30, 2017, 01:16:40 PM »

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3714 on: March 30, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 29, 2017, 10:11:56 PM

You've contacted your insurance already, right?  You're required to do so pretty quickly after a potential claim, otherwise they may not have to pay.  If you haven't talked to them yet, find out ASAP how long you have to report a potential claim (should be noted somewhere in your policy or even printed on the back of your card) and tell that guardian to make you a cash offer immediately or you're turning things over to your insurance company.  If their offer is enough to pay for the repairs yourself, great.  I would take it.  If not, report the claim to your insurance and let them handle it.  Get a copy of the police report if you don't already have one.  Whatever you do, don't blow the deadline to report the incident to your insurance without cash in hand.

I can't see why he would "need" to show up for court, unless some kind of criminal charge has been filed against the other driver.  If that's the case, the prosecutor or police would already be calling you, begging you to help their case by testifying.

** Every case is different, consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction, I'm only licensed in California, Stew is the real lawyer, etc. etc. etc.

"May need"
You don't show up and the cop doesn't show up the ticket can get dropped.
Trying to cover all bases here.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3715 on: March 30, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 29, 2017, 10:11:56 PM

You've contacted your insurance already, right?  You're required to do so pretty quickly after a potential claim, otherwise they may not have to pay.  If you haven't talked to them yet, find out ASAP how long you have to report a potential claim (should be noted somewhere in your policy or even printed on the back of your card) and tell that guardian to make you a cash offer immediately or you're turning things over to your insurance company.  If their offer is enough to pay for the repairs yourself, great.  I would take it.  If not, report the claim to your insurance and let them handle it.  Get a copy of the police report if you don't already have one.  Whatever you do, don't blow the deadline to report the incident to your insurance without cash in hand.

I can't see why he would "need" to show up for court, unless some kind of criminal charge has been filed against the other driver.  If that's the case, the prosecutor or police would already be calling you, begging you to help their case by testifying.

I checked my malpractice insurance.  I am not covered for advice given on the internet.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3716 on: March 30, 2017, 06:48:25 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3718 on: April 08, 2017, 01:18:47 AM »
For Apex, if he still came around these parts: an awesome souvenir

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3719 on: April 09, 2017, 02:25:13 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on April 08, 2017, 01:18:47 AM
For Apex, if he still came around these parts: an awesome souvenir