News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 634,491 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3660 on: December 21, 2016, 01:18:05 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 21, 2016, 05:07:33 AM
At the beginning of the year, I was really, really fucking fat.  Now, I'm less fat.  If you wanted to see how much less fat I am (around 70lbs less fat, since you ask), you could, if you wanted, go here, and scroll down to finalist #8.

Oh, hey, while you were there, you could even vote for me (once per device, by the look of things).  I hereby faithfully promise that, should I win anything, I'll spend every last cent on booze and encased meat products.

I voted for you.

Care to share the specifics of your diet?
M'lady.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3661 on: December 21, 2016, 01:26:04 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 21, 2016, 01:18:05 PM
At the beginning of the year, I was really, really fucking fat.  Now, I'm less fat.  If you wanted to see how much less fat I am (around 70lbs less fat, since you ask), you could, if you wanted, go here, and scroll down to finalist #8.

Oh, hey, while you were there, you could even vote for me (once per device, by the look of things).  I hereby faithfully promise that, should I win anything, I'll spend every last cent on booze and encased meat products.

I voted for you.

He swallowed a lot of aggression. Along with a lot of pizzas.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3662 on: December 21, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »

You got my vote, although I think that the beard trim and haircut accounted for at least ten of those pounds.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3663 on: December 21, 2016, 01:38:18 PM »
At the beginning of the year, I was really, really fucking fat.  Now, I'm less fat.  If you wanted to see how much less fat I am (around 70lbs less fat, since you ask), you could, if you wanted, go here, and scroll down to finalist #8.

Oh, hey, while you were there, you could even vote for me (once per device, by the look of things).  I hereby faithfully promise that, should I win anything, I'll spend every last cent on booze and encased meat products.

I voted for you.

Thank you.  It wasn't a diet, per se.  They actually just teach you some fundamentally pretty simple stuff: eat slowly, stop before you're full, eat a balanced diet with a fair amount of good fat, and plenty of lean protein and vegetables.  There's a lot of exercise, though - running, squats, lunges, bodyweight and dumb-bell stuff.  I didn't manage it every week but most weeks I exercised four or five times.  Indeed, the way they've cropped the photos pisses me off a bit, because my legs have changed even more than my upper body, but you can't see it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3664 on: December 21, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 21, 2016, 01:38:18 PM
At the beginning of the year, I was really, really fucking fat.  Now, I'm less fat.  If you wanted to see how much less fat I am (around 70lbs less fat, since you ask), you could, if you wanted, go here, and scroll down to finalist #8.

Oh, hey, while you were there, you could even vote for me (once per device, by the look of things).  I hereby faithfully promise that, should I win anything, I'll spend every last cent on booze and encased meat products.

I voted for you.

Thank you.  It wasn't a diet, per se.  They actually just teach you some fundamentally pretty simple stuff: eat slowly, stop before you're full, eat a balanced diet with a fair amount of good fat, and plenty of lean protein and vegetables.  There's a lot of exercise, though - running, squats, lunges, bodyweight and dumb-bell stuff.  I didn't manage it every week but most weeks I exercised four or five times.  Indeed, the way they've cropped the photos pisses me off a bit, because my legs have changed even more than my upper body, but you can't see it.

Yet another election rigged. Sad!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3665 on: December 21, 2016, 02:46:44 PM »

I voted for you.

Interesting -- sounds a bit similar to what I've been doing, but perhaps not as extreme, which is probably more sensible. I cut out all carbs, sodium, sugar, saturated fats, and dairy, and focus on label reading. In the next couple of months I'm going to transition to a maintenance phase, where I'll start eating limited carbohydrates again. The big thing for me has also been the fitness side, although I'm just doing running (typically 5K a day).

I have something like 4 electronic devices at my disposal, not to mention various internet browsers. You get 10 votes from me, sir. Good luck!
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3666 on: December 21, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 21, 2016, 02:46:44 PM

I voted for you.

Interesting -- sounds a bit similar to what I've been doing, but perhaps not as extreme, which is probably more sensible. I cut out all carbs, sodium, sugar, saturated fats, and dairy, and focus on label reading. In the next couple of months I'm going to transition to a maintenance phase, where I'll start eating limited carbohydrates again. The big thing for me has also been the fitness side, although I'm just doing running (typically 5K a day).

I have something like 4 electronic devices at my disposal, not to mention various internet browsers. You get 10 votes from me, sir. Good luck!

Ha!  Ten votes!  Fantastic: that's more than I've managed myself.

I still find this hard to believe, but I really, really enjoy running.  I did best part of 9k the other day and it felt fantastic.  I've even more or less worn out a pair of running shoes.  Worn out!  Normally, they just perish.

Did I mention, by the way, that the guys who run the program I did are based in Toronto?  Their offices are in Alexandra Park.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3667 on: December 21, 2016, 03:22:26 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 21, 2016, 03:08:54 PM

I voted for you.

Ha!  Ten votes!  Fantastic: that's more than I've managed myself.

I still find this hard to believe, but I really, really enjoy running.  I did best part of 9k the other day and it felt fantastic.  I've even more or less worn out a pair of running shoes.  Worn out!  Normally, they just perish.

Did I mention, by the way, that the guys who run the program I did are based in Toronto?  Their offices are in Alexandra Park.

I saw that! I didn't know about them. I am seeing a nutritionist here... I wish I could be losing weight for the chance to rake in some cash, but just getting healthy is reward enough. I'll be aiming for 10K in the spring, btw. By then, you'll probably be running half marathons...
M'lady.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3668 on: December 21, 2016, 05:43:27 PM »

I voted for you.

1. Saturated fats are fucking delicious.
2. Cut out *all* carbs?  No fruits or vegetables in your diet?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3669 on: December 21, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 21, 2016, 05:43:27 PM

I voted for you.

On a daily basis, I can have a cup of berries, or an orange, and I am primarily supposed to have green, leafy vegetables, although I am permitted 4 cups a day of broccoli or cauliflower (which is what I commonly eat with my chicken burger in a lettuce wrap at dinner time).

But I do have a cheat meal every two weeks, commonly, although I will be eating two in three days at around Christmas time (my wife is cooking some homemade Bailey's Cheesecake for Christmas Eve, and I'll be going out for wings with my best friend on the 26th).
M'lady.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3670 on: December 21, 2016, 08:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 21, 2016, 06:22:38 PM

I voted for you.

On a daily basis, I can have a cup of berries, or an orange, and I am primarily supposed to have green, leafy vegetables, although I am permitted 4 cups a day of broccoli or cauliflower (which is what I commonly eat with my chicken burger in a lettuce wrap at dinner time).

But I do have a cheat meal every two weeks, commonly, although I will be eating two in three days at around Christmas time (my wife is cooking some homemade Bailey's Cheesecake for Christmas Eve, and I'll be going out for wings with my best friend on the 26th).
Last week I was diagnosed with gout.  No biggie.  I just have to avoid red meat, shellfish, tuna , trout, alcohol, coffee, organ meats, fried food, fructose, dried fruits, and vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms, peas, beans and lentils. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3671 on: December 21, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 21, 2016, 08:31:35 PM

I voted for you.

Last week I was diagnosed with gout.  No biggie.  I just have to avoid red meat, shellfish, tuna , trout, alcohol, coffee, organ meats, fried food, fructose, dried fruits, and vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms, peas, beans and lentils. 

So ... stale bread?
M'lady.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3672 on: December 21, 2016, 10:57:47 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 21, 2016, 10:04:43 PM

I voted for you.

So ... stale bread?
Ummmmm.  Stale bread.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3673 on: December 22, 2016, 01:07:32 AM »

I voted for you.

Or, you could just take a load of gout medicine and eat and drink what the hell you like.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3674 on: December 22, 2016, 08:43:58 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 22, 2016, 01:07:32 AM

I voted for you.

Or, you could just take a load of gout medicine and eat and drink what the hell you like.

Gout flare ups and they're the worst.

Gout medicine sucks.  The shit makes you puke.

Stew...try cherries.  Cherries have some chemical in them that breaks up whatever crystals in the blood that cause the uric acid to build up in the joints.

Doesn't even matter which cherries or in what format (although the tarter ones seem to get the better write-ups).  They have cherry concentrates that are supposed to be awesome.  I just buy a giant bag of frozen cherries...lasts me about a week or so.

Cherry juice with no added sugar is also great but it can get expensive.  In the summer (when they're available and cheaper) I eat cherries like they're going out of style.

I stay away from organ meats (I do eat liver once in a while...Russian Jewish dinner and all) and I avoid asparagus.

Exercise seems to help a lot too.