News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 634,881 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3720 on: April 09, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on April 08, 2017, 01:18:47 AM
For Apex, if he still came around these parts: an awesome souvenir

I enjoy that this cost less than this.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3721 on: July 18, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »
DPD.

Which free online translator (English-Spanish, etc) is the most reliable?

I occasionally need to reply to customers in other languages, and I've been using Google translate to do so.

But if there's something where there's less risk of me saying something rude about somebody's mother, I'm on board.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3722 on: July 18, 2017, 05:32:31 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 18, 2017, 09:57:04 AM
DPD.

I occasionally need to reply to customers in other languages, and I've been using Google translate to do so.

But if there's something where there's less risk of me saying something rude about somebody's mother, I'm on board.

Have you lost your mind? Just say "Estoy muy embarazada, pero no hablo español" and find somebody who does.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3723 on: July 18, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 18, 2017, 05:32:31 PM
DPD.

Have you lost your mind? Just say "Estoy muy embarazada, pero no hablo español" and find somebody who does.

Hold your horses, there.  I use Google translate or http://www.dict.leo.org when I'm writing to people in German or Dutch and need a particular phrase or word.  I'm fluent in both languages, though, so I know what I'm looking for and I know what to take and what to leave.  I also then search on the phrase or word that I pick out to make sure that people are using it in the way that I think they're using it.  That way, I don't unintentionally insult anybody's mother, and if I do insult anybody's mother, I do it right.

Fork: if you speak decent Spanish anyway then Google translate (or some other site - I don't speak more than a few words of Spanish so I don't know what that might be) is fine if you're careful about it.  if you don't, then I reckon Wheez is probably right: just tell 'em you don't speak Spanish and figure it out some other way.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3724 on: July 18, 2017, 09:13:44 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 18, 2017, 08:43:03 PM
DPD.

Hold your horses, there.  I use Google translate or http://www.dict.leo.org when I'm writing to people in German or Dutch and need a particular phrase or word.  I'm fluent in both languages, though, so I know what I'm looking for and I know what to take and what to leave.  I also then search on the phrase or word that I pick out to make sure that people are using it in the way that I think they're using it.  That way, I don't unintentionally insult anybody's mother, and if I do insult anybody's mother, I do it right.

Fork: if you speak decent Spanish anyway then Google translate (or some other site - I don't speak more than a few words of Spanish so I don't know what that might be) is fine if you're careful about it.  if you don't, then I reckon Wheez is probably right: just tell 'em you don't speak Spanish and figure it out some other way.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3725 on: July 19, 2017, 08:10:44 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 18, 2017, 08:43:03 PM
DPD.

Thanks to the MTA, I know "Los cucarachas entran, para no puenden celir" and "La Decision con Julio Y Marisol". That's about it.

Oh, and "Lucha Libre".
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3726 on: September 20, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »
Has anyone ever rented out there place when buying a new place? Instead of selling it? If so, did you find it to be more trouble than it was worth?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3727 on: September 20, 2017, 09:37:05 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 20, 2017, 07:56:31 PM
Has anyone ever rented out there place when buying a new place? Instead of selling it? If so, did you find it to be more trouble than it was worth?

Where place?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3728 on: September 20, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on September 20, 2017, 09:37:05 PM

Where place?

write they're

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3729 on: September 21, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 20, 2017, 10:10:44 PM
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on September 20, 2017, 09:37:05 PM

Where place?

write they're

if that's how you younger about it
TIME TO POST!

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3730 on: September 21, 2017, 04:06:22 PM »

My parents did this like thirty years ago and ended up selling after a few months because the renters trashed it.

I think you'd be better off just driving your old house to the new trailer park.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3731 on: October 07, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »
This is going to sound familiar, but as the Slackbot doesn't work on the 20" iMac that I just returned from the grave for a friend, so I can't simply dither around while listening to the game, is anybody within a 1.5-hour drive of Hyde Park interested in adopting some cats? I'm trying to help place sibling kittens (friendly girls, one black, one white and gray), sibling young adults (friendly girls again, about eight months old, both white and gray), a single friendly calico of maybe two years, a friendly but Desipiottish Maine Coon type of perhaps four years, and some really friendly adults with special needs (e.g., a big white, fluffy love monster with FIV).
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3732 on: October 30, 2017, 04:29:49 PM »
Adopt some cats, you Pauls.

I had a three-day-old die against my belly a couple of days ago.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3733 on: October 30, 2017, 04:35:53 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 30, 2017, 04:29:49 PM

I've got two. A shelter rescue and a stray we brought in at 5 weeks of age.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3734 on: October 30, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 30, 2017, 04:29:49 PM

I have two in Los Angeles already. If your cats can make it here on nothing but their own animal instincts, I'll take them in.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?