News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.  ( 81,644 )

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »
Quote from: bozos72 on April 02, 2007, 09:14:41 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2007, 09:03:23 AM
Quote from: AC on April 02, 2007, 09:00:49 AM
Despite the CinncinNasty being an unripened shitbox of a hellhole (phew), I envy you. I gotta wait until cold, bitter April 9th to see our assholes play the Trolls.

Cincy's not so bad. If you drink enough beer and wine it smells just like Kentucky. Or if you don't even.

I heard a while back that Kentucky is the biggest exported of weed to the rest of the country.  So, there's that.

This is the first Opening Day I haven't had to work in a while.  I'm going to positive the hell out of it.

And My Morning Jacket, and they rule.

Anyway, Cincitucky fucking blows. Go Cubs.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 09:27:57 AM »
It's the one race of people that makes Hoosiers feel "superior." Kentuckians, bless their hearts, are really all we've got. When I was a kid, some people from Kentucky moved in on our street and I thought, "Aw, hell there goes the neighborhood." But they were alright. I was shocked to find out that in Kentucky, they don't make jokes about Hoosiers the way we're constantly shitting on them. I asked them, who they made fun of all the time, and they responded, "Why, the niggers, stupid. Who else?"*

* Just kidding. They didn't say that. They said they made jokes about people from Tennessee. And I thought back then, that of all the fucked up places in the entire world, Tennessee must be the worst off by far. I haven't spent much time there but I haven't seen much by way of diaspora or television footage to dispute that early notion of mine either.  

The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 09:31:42 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2007, 09:27:57 AM
It's the one race of people that makes Hoosiers feel "superior." Kentuckians, bless their hearts, are really all we've got. When I was a kid, some people from Kentucky moved in on our street and I thought, "Aw, hell there goes the neighborhood." But they were alright. I was shocked to find out that in Kentucky, they don't make jokes about Hoosiers the way we're constantly shitting on them. I asked them, who they made fun of all the time, and they responded, "Why, the niggers, stupid. Who else?"*

* Just kidding. They didn't say that. They said they made jokes about people from Tennessee. And I thought back then, that of all the f@#$ed up places in the entire world, Tennessee must be the worst off by far. I haven't spent much time there but I haven't seen much by way of diaspora or television footage to dispute that early notion of mine either.  

Having been to Nashville, I must say it's clean and a shitload of fun. I really liked it.

This thread is being totally ruined.

CHICAGO CUBS BASEBALL IS ON THE AIR...sez Mr. Hughes.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
I'm looking forward to the real Desipio Gamecasts.  Not to slight the preseason PaulCasts on the messageboard--they were all retarded, messed up and pointless, making it a worthy Desipio Media Venture-- but I've been longing for the day when I can see, for example Intrepid Reader Wayne Messmer kicking off the game with his "BRAAAAVE!"

Of course I happen to be superbusy with work this week and if I want to take next Monday off with a clean conscience, I got me some work to get done, so I doubt I’ll be partaking much in it myself, but I look forward to reading it tonight.

Go Cubs.

And Tonksâ€"seeing as how we couldn’t prevent you from slitting your wrists and joining the club (many of us were, after all born in to this)â€"I’ll at least hope that Lil’ Hank’s will be a good-luck charm for us this year. Cute kid.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 10:05:54 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on April 02, 2007, 09:54:56 AM
... many of us were, after all born in to this ...
I negative WGN day games for this.

Opening day is the last day of hope, which I am told may be the best of things.  Kool-ade shooters for all.  Go Cubs.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: helloWorld on April 02, 2007, 10:05:54 AM
Quote from: Down In Front on April 02, 2007, 09:54:56 AM
... many of us were, after all born in to this ...

Opening day is the last day of hope,

Not always.  Last year, hope stayed alive until the Fat Moron and the Druken Shortstop conspired to break Derek Lee's wrist like a piece of plywood at a karate guy convention.  And now, D-Lee is back, and I'll be damned if he isn't as good as new.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »
I hate Aaron Harang and his stupid shit eating smirk and his chin pubes.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 10:21:05 AM »
As someone who grew up, and went to college in Cincinnati, I am compelled to defend it by saying that it's a far less awful place than Detroit, Cleveland, and Atlanta.

And yes, I DO know what the say about who rules in the land of the blind.  

The Reds are awful.  We should sweep these guys.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »
Can gamecasts post pictures yet?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »
I too am looking forward to another season of killing time and having a good laugh during Desipio Gamecasts.  Discovering this site was by far the best thing that I ever did while working in Harrisburg, PA.

Things I'm hoping for today:

1. Alex Gonzalez hit with a 98mph Big Z fastball.  (Edit: I know it's not the one of infamy, but hey, a name is a name.... and screw the use of s' or z's.  A name is a name.)
2. D Lee and A Ram tear the cover off the ball.
3. Promiscuous use of the phrase 'female doges.'

It's opening day, and I have hope... again.  It's a good feeling.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 10:33:44 AM »
Have hope...Aramis owns the GAB. His career numbers there (should someone be interested in looking them up) are astronomical.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 10:38:24 AM »
Quote from: cubfaninPA on April 02, 2007, 10:32:18 AM
I too am looking forward to another season of killing time and having a good laugh during Desipio Gamecasts.  Discovering this site was by far the best thing that I ever did while working in Harrisburg, PA.

1. Alex Gonzalez hit with a 98mph Big Z fastball.

Wait, that's not TEH Alex Gonzalez is it? It's teh other one right?
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »
Yes, it's teh toher one.  Teh lback one, not teh ihspanic one.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 10:42:56 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2007, 10:38:24 AM
Quote from: cubfaninPA on April 02, 2007, 10:32:18 AM

1. Alex Gonzalez hit with a 98mph Big Z fastball.

Wait, that's not TEH Alex Gonzalez is it? It's teh other one right?

See the edit--I meant to put that in there the first time... and posted it simultaneously with you.  But point well taken.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 10:43:02 AM »
They both helped ruin...I don't wanna talk about it anymore.