News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.  ( 81,645 )

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 10:47:31 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2007, 10:38:24 AM
Quote from: cubfaninPA on April 02, 2007, 10:32:18 AM
I too am looking forward to another season of killing time and having a good laugh during Desipio Gamecasts.  Discovering this site was by far the best thing that I ever did while working in Harrisburg, PA.

Things I'm hoping for today:

1. Alex Gonzalez hit with a 98mph Big Z fastball.

2. D Lee and A Ram tear the cover off the ball.
3. Promiscuous use of the phrase 'female doges.'

It's opening day, and I have hope... again.  It's a good feeling.

Wait, that's not TEH Alex Gonzalez is it? It's teh other one right?

All present and future Alex Gonzalezes should pay for the sins of teh Alex Gonzales.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 10:48:51 AM »
Derrek Lee also helped ruin... that of which we shall not speak. Of course, he already got his comeuppance last year when... I don't wanna talk about it anymore.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 11:00:26 AM »
Quote from: JS on April 02, 2007, 10:47:31 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2007, 10:38:24 AM
Quote from: cubfaninPA on April 02, 2007, 10:32:18 AM
I too am looking forward to another season of killing time and having a good laugh during Desipio Gamecasts.  Discovering this site was by far the best thing that I ever did while working in Harrisburg, PA.

Things I'm hoping for today:

1. Alex Gonzalez hit with a 98mph Big Z fastball.

2. D Lee and A Ram tear the cover off the ball.
3. Promiscuous use of the phrase 'female doges.'

It's opening day, and I have hope... again.  It's a good feeling.

Wait, that's not TEH Alex Gonzalez is it? It's teh other one right?

All present and future Alex Gonzalez/s-es should pay for the sins of teh Alex Gonzales.

Fixed for alternative spellings.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 11:31:18 AM »
Quote from: AC on April 02, 2007, 10:33:44 AM
Have hope...Aramis owns the GAB. His career numbers there (should someone be interested in looking them up) are astronomical.

Derecles opsitives the GAB too. At least he did in 2005 when he put up .407/.429/1.037 and hit a homer to dead center that landed on top of whatever gigantic monstrosity is out there and left the freaking yard.

Oh God too much positive from me.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 12:13:40 PM »
Yesterday I put on my blue "CUBS BELIEVE" wristband.  Today I looked at it and thought, "this is a  really stupid thing for a grown man to wear." 
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 12:16:47 PM »
Also, since putting that dumb thing on yesterday, my birthday, someone smasned the passenger window of my car and stole everything inside.  This whole thing is getting off to a bad start for me.

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2007, 09:27:57 AM
It's the one race of people that makes Hoosiers feel "superior." Kentuckians, bless their hearts, are really all we've got. When I was a kid, some people from Kentucky moved in on our street and I thought, "Aw, hell there goes the neighborhood." But they were alright. I was shocked to find out that in Kentucky, they don't make jokes about Hoosiers the way we're constantly shitting on them. I asked them, who they made fun of all the time, and they responded, "Why, the niggers, stupid. Who else?"*

* Just kidding. They didn't say that. They said they made jokes about people from Tennessee. And I thought back then, that of all the f@#$ed up places in the entire world, Tennessee must be the worst off by far. I haven't spent much time there but I haven't seen much by way of diaspora or television footage to dispute that early notion of mine either. 

Since I live about 3 miles from the exact center of Tennessee, I don't take offense to that.

Tell me how much it sucks around January 15, though.  I think the coldest it got here this winter was about 18 degrees.

And Slak is right, Nashville is a pretty fun town - worth a visit.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 12:44:27 PM »
Quote from: williams on April 02, 2007, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 02, 2007, 09:27:57 AM
It's the one race of people that makes Hoosiers feel "superior." Kentuckians, bless their hearts, are really all we've got. When I was a kid, some people from Kentucky moved in on our street and I thought, "Aw, hell there goes the neighborhood." But they were alright. I was shocked to find out that in Kentucky, they don't make jokes about Hoosiers the way we're constantly shitting on them. I asked them, who they made fun of all the time, and they responded, "Why, the niggers, stupid. Who else?"*

* Just kidding. They didn't say that. They said they made jokes about people from Tennessee. And I thought back then, that of all the f@#$ed up places in the entire world, Tennessee must be the worst off by far. I haven't spent much time there but I haven't seen much by way of diaspora or television footage to dispute that early notion of mine either. 

Since I live about 3 miles from the exact center of Tennessee, I don't take offense to that.

Tell me how much it sucks around January 15, though.  I think the coldest it got here this winter was about 18 degrees.

And Slak is right, Nashville is a pretty fun town - worth a visit.

Wow! We're damn near bar-b-q'in when it heats up like that! Oh, you meant Celcius? I don't know how to convert that cuz I'm a stupid Hoosier swine.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 12:48:58 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on April 02, 2007, 12:16:47 PM
Also, since putting that dumb thing on yesterday, my birthday, someone smasned the passenger window of my car and stole everything inside.  This whole thing is getting off to a bad start for me.

No, Stew, this is perfect.  The Karma Gods are setting us up for a good run.  Recently, the breaks on my car gave out.  It would cost over a grand to repair them.  If we keep up this string of horribly bad luck, then it can mean only one thing: A Cubs championship.

"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on April 02, 2007, 12:48:58 PM

No, Stew, this is perfect.  The Karma Gods are setting us up for a good run.  Recently, the breaks on my car gave out.  It would cost over a grand to repair them.  If we keep up this string of horribly bad luck, then it can mean only one thing: A Cubs championship.

NO.  It means that I've got a broken window and your car is going to go out of control while you try to negotiate hairpin turns on a treacherous mountian road in a driving thunderstorm in the middle of the night.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »

That is a tough brake.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 03:58:28 PM »
Quote from: CT II on April 02, 2007, 03:32:40 PM
..  Recently, the breaks on my car gave out. ..

That is not a tough brake.

Correct'd
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »
Well that was fun. Opening Day I mean, not all of the car troubles.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 06:29:18 AM »
Bump.

It's Opening Day again, Ogdens.

Man, that was a long old winter, but baseball's here again and I for one am absolutely bloody delighted.

Go Cubs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 06:40:21 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 31, 2008, 06:29:18 AM
Bump.

It's Opening Day again, Ogdens.

Man, that was a long old winter, but baseball's here again and I for one am absolutely bloody delighted.

Go Cubs.

It's raining.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.