News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,236 )

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 03:26:36 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on May 30, 2007, 03:13:09 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on May 30, 2007, 03:08:31 PM
Well, there are some Brewers fans here too. And their suckiness is all I have left in the world. Except for the Reds' suckiness. Oh, yes. There is that.

At least the Reds have The VORP's greatness to bask in.

Looking at their team, that's the only thing worth basking in right now.  They're terrible.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 03:34:09 PM »
Quote from: EG on May 30, 2007, 03:26:36 PM
Well, there are some Brewers fans here too. And their suckiness is all I have left in the world. Except for the Reds' suckiness. Oh, yes. There is that.

Looking at their team, that's the only thing worth basking in right now.  They're terrible.

And this thread has to bug the piss out of you in some way, EG. I mean, not only did I start it but I came up with nicknames for two overrated pitchers along the way. This thread is the closest thing we have to positive on this day but it just won't feel right until you poo-poo it. That's right. Poo-poo.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 03:46:50 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 30, 2007, 03:34:09 PM
Quote from: EG on May 30, 2007, 03:26:36 PM

And this thread has to bug the piss out of you in some way, EG. I mean, not only did I start it but I came up with nicknames for two overrated pitchers along the way. This thread is the closest thing we have to positive on this day but it just won't feel right until you poo-poo it. That's right. Poo-poo.

Jim Hendry thought those nicknames were choice.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on May 30, 2007, 03:19:05 PM
Not to mention the Aardsma walk was on four pitches.
The pitches were a close shave.

Too obvious?

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 03:52:14 PM »

I see nothing here to poo-poo.  Carry on.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
Quote from: EG on May 30, 2007, 03:52:14 PM

I see nothing here to poo-poo.  Carry on.

The Twins had seven hits and eight walks today. I could've sworn that only Cubs gave up numbers like that. And Paulie's error in the ninth could've been an inning ender. Christ. That is just so bad. And sooooo good!
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 04:03:05 PM »
QuoteMolina sidelined 4-6 weeks with fractured left wrist

May 30, 2007

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina will be sidelined four to six weeks with a fractured left wrist.

The Cardinals placed Molina on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday and purchased the contract of catcher Brian Esposito from Triple-A Memphis. Esposito, 28, will be making his major league debut.

The team's medical staff described the injury as a non-displaced fracture that will be splinted and immobilized. Molina left Tuesday's game against the Rockies in Denver in the fourth inning after being hit by a foul tip an inning earlier.

Molina, the youngest of three catching brothers in the major leagues, was batting .273 with one homer and 12 RBIs. Backup catcher Gary Bennett was batting .227 in 44 at-bats with two RBIs.

"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »
And Hendry fiddles as Wrigley burns.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 06:57:10 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on May 30, 2007, 04:03:05 PM
QuoteMolina sidelined 4-6 weeks with fractured left wrist

May 30, 2007

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina will be sidelined four to six weeks with a fractured left wrist.

The Cardinals placed Molina on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday and purchased the contract of catcher Brian Esposito from Triple-A Memphis. Esposito, 28, will be making his major league debut.

The team's medical staff described the injury as a non-displaced fracture that will be splinted and immobilized. Molina left Tuesday's game against the Rockies in Denver in the fourth inning after being hit by a foul tip an inning earlier.

Molina, the youngest of three catching brothers in the major leagues, was batting .273 with one homer and 12 RBIs. Backup catcher Gary Bennett was batting .227 in 44 at-bats with two RBIs.

So, how many HR's and RBI's can I pencil in Brian Esposito for against the Cubs this year?
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 05:42:34 AM »

Days like 5/30 make me think at least half the world has forgotten how to play baseball.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 09:20:51 PM »
Bump.

Royals 15, Deadbirds 6 through five in the rubber game. At least RoyHobbs' boys aren't imploding or anything. I'd hate to see what that would look like. No I wouldn't.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 09:38:31 PM »
QuoteBrewers put Capuano on disabled list, call up Gallardo
June 14, 2007

DETROIT (AP) -- The Milwaukee Brewers placed right-handed pitcher Chris Capuano on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained groin Thursday and purchased right-hander Yovani Gallardo's contract from Triple-A Nashville.

Capuano was injured while warming up for his scheduled start Wednesday and his move to the disabled list is retroactive to Saturday. The 21-year-old Gallardo was 8-2 with a 2.98 ERA and 98 strikeouts in 71 2-3 innings for Nashville.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 11:06:33 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on June 14, 2007, 09:38:31 PM
June 14, 2007

DETROIT (AP) -- The Milwaukee Brewers placed right-handed pitcher Chris Capuano on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained groin Thursday and purchased right-hander Yovani Gallardo's contract from Triple-A Nashville.

Capuano was injured while warming up for his scheduled start Wednesday and his move to the disabled list is retroactive to Saturday. The 21-year-old Gallardo was 8-2 with a 2.98 ERA and 98 strikeouts in 71 2-3 innings for Nashville.

Dear Lord. Are we really supposed to be happy Capuano's hurt if the guy the Brewers are calling up to replace him has almost one and a third strikeouts every inning???
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

DPappy

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 11:53:44 PM »
Quote from: BC on June 14, 2007, 11:06:33 PM
Quote from: Taylor on June 14, 2007, 09:38:31 PM
June 14, 2007

Dear Lord. Are we really supposed to be happy Capuano's hurt if the guy the Brewers are calling up to replace him has almost one and a third strikeouts every inning???

I seem to recall a Cubs pitcher who had similar minor league stats last year that struggled mightily when called up to the majors at first.  Mitch Hill?  Was that the guy's name?  In any case, there's no guarantees that Yovani's going to mow down major league hitters right away.  He didn't have the greatest stats in Spring Training at least.  Maybe he'll wait until next year to put it all together.
It may be retarded but McCain's No 2 would still choose life for it. Because she's compassionate like that.  ~Apex

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 08:33:31 AM »
Now you tell me.  I just got done polishing Yovani Gallardo's fucking Hall of Fame plaque!  Great, now I'll toss it in the corner over there with the ones I made up for Drew Hall and Ted Power.