News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,025 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #2865 on: September 22, 2017, 08:14:25 AM »
One thing I noticed last night was in the ninth inning while the Cubs were batting, they were all up, yelling and trying to pick each other up. In the bottom of the tenth, the Brewers all looked deflated.

Blowing two games in a row late like they did could be a backbreaker. But they're still only a game behind Colorado, who are doing everything in their power to gift wrap the second Wild Card spot for the Brewers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2866 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:40 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 22, 2017, 08:14:25 AM
One thing I noticed last night was in the ninth inning while the Cubs were batting, they were all up, yelling and trying to pick each other up. In the bottom of the tenth, the Brewers all looked deflated.

Blowing two games in a row late like they did could be a backbreaker. But they're still only a game behind Colorado, who are doing everything in their power to gift wrap the second Wild Card spot for the Brewers.

I'm a petty dick that likes to stalk other fanbases blogs and game threads to drink in their misery and what I have gathered is that to Pirates/Brewers fans these days we are no different than the Cardinals. They hate the Cubs with every fiber of their being ("luckiest team ever" "I fucking hate Baez more than Yadi these days" "god they're so obnoxious and annoying with their stupid celebrations"). It's glorious.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2867 on: September 22, 2017, 08:52:53 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2017, 08:20:40 AM

I'm a petty dick that likes to stalk other fanbases blogs and game threads to drink in their misery and what I have gathered is that to Pirates/Brewers fans these days we are no different than the Cardinals. They hate the Cubs with every fiber of their being ("luckiest team ever" "I fucking hate Baez more than Yadi these days" "god they're so obnoxious and annoying with their stupid celebrations"). It's glorious.

Having been to several games in Miller Park, I can attest that the Brewers and their fans are easily hateable.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2868 on: September 22, 2017, 09:02:13 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 22, 2017, 08:52:53 AM

Having been to several games in Miller Park, I can attest that the Brewers and their fans are easily hateable.

Yeah I don't get this narrative some Cubs fans on twitter have of "well gorsh I sure want the Cubs to win the division but I wish them well in the wildcard race!" These people are just off-day Packers fans, people. They suck.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2869 on: September 22, 2017, 09:37:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2017, 09:02:13 AM

Yeah I don't get this narrative some Cubs fans on twitter have of "well gorsh I sure want the Cubs to win the division but I wish them well in the wildcard race!" These people are just off-day Packers fans, people. They suck.

They have a statue of Bud Selig outside their ballpark. They can eat shit.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2870 on: September 22, 2017, 09:49:41 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 22, 2017, 09:37:01 AM

The Bud Selig hall of fame introduction was the most nauseating thing ever. Y'all realize "Brought baseball back to Milwaukee!" is also "stole baseball from Seattle," right?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2871 on: September 22, 2017, 10:06:51 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2017, 09:49:41 AM

The Bud Selig hall of fame introduction was the most nauseating thing ever. Y'all realize "Brought baseball back to Milwaukee!" is also "stole baseball from Seattle," right?

Bud Selig has his face emblazoned on a World Series monument.

It's the White Sox's (upper right).

Honored for helping Milwaukee Baseball!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2872 on: September 22, 2017, 10:58:03 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 22, 2017, 10:06:51 AM

Let's not forget the 11 "home games" the Sox played in County Stadium in 1969, as Selig tried stealing them before he swiped the Pilots.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2873 on: September 22, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 22, 2017, 10:06:51 AM

What in the fuck is that

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2874 on: September 22, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »
This should be in the "I admit it..." thread, but until 1998, I was a reasonably big Brewers fan. When I was a kid, our antenna on top of our house in Libertyville would pick up Milwaukee stations, including Channel 18, which had exciting AMERICAN LEAGUE baseball action in the early '80s. So, I'd watch the Cubs during the day and put on the Brewers at night.

This continued when we got cable as they included Channel 18 among the basic cable channels. So all of a sudden I had access not only to the Cubs, but the Brewers and the hated Mets and the dull Barves. The Brewers were exciting when they won 13 in a row in 1987 and Molitor had his 39-game hitting streak. I went to a ton of games at County Stadium; I saw Nolan Ryan win #300 there, I liked the early 90s Brewers teams, particularly the 1992 team with Cal Eldred and Yount and Molitor and GREG VAUGHN. I was in high school then, and a trip up to Milwaukee, a $4 bleacher ticket, $6 parking split 4 ways, and cheap ballpark food made for a cheap date.

One summer during college I was in the bleachers for a Sox-Brewers game. I think it was 1995 (could have been 1994), and the place was packed with Sox fans. I embedded myself with the natives, and stuck out a long rain delay that occurred largely before beer sales were cut off. By 1 am as the Brewers completed a comeback, one of my new fast friends told me "It's a good thing all those assholes from Illinois have left."

They were my girlfriend. The Cubs were my wife. When Bud Selig moved the Brewers into the NL, it was like your girlfriend moving in next door to you and your wife, and your girlfriend picking fights with her. The dalliance had to end. So, it did, with the exception of the last weekend of 2003 and then the 2011 National League Championship Series. I attended Game 6 at Miller Park and after exposure to Cardinals fans seated nearby, it was impossible to stay neutral.

But screw them all up there.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2875 on: September 22, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 22, 2017, 12:15:06 PM
They were my girlfriend. The Cubs were my wife.

Words fail me.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2876 on: September 22, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »
This should be in the "I admit it..." thread, but until 1998, I was a reasonably big Brewers fan. When I was a kid, our antenna on top of our house in Libertyville would pick up Milwaukee stations, including Channel 18, which had exciting AMERICAN LEAGUE baseball action in the early '80s. So, I'd watch the Cubs during the day and put on the Brewers at night.

This continued when we got cable as they included Channel 18 among the basic cable channels. So all of a sudden I had access not only to the Cubs, but the Brewers and the hated Mets and the dull Barves. The Brewers were exciting when they won 13 in a row in 1987 and Molitor had his 39-game hitting streak. I went to a ton of games at County Stadium; I saw Nolan Ryan win #300 there, I liked the early 90s Brewers teams, particularly the 1992 team with Cal Eldred and Yount and Molitor and GREG VAUGHN. I was in high school then, and a trip up to Milwaukee, a $4 bleacher ticket, $6 parking split 4 ways, and cheap ballpark food made for a cheap date.

One summer during college I was in the bleachers for a Sox-Brewers game. I think it was 1995 (could have been 1994), and the place was packed with Sox fans. I embedded myself with the natives, and stuck out a long rain delay that occurred largely before beer sales were cut off. By 1 am as the Brewers completed a comeback, one of my new fast friends told me "It's a good thing all those assholes from Illinois have left."

They were my girlfriend. The Cubs were my wife. When Bud Selig moved the Brewers into the NL, it was like your girlfriend moving in next door to you and your wife, and your girlfriend picking fights with her. The dalliance had to end. So, it did, with the exception of the last weekend of 2003 and then the 2011 National League Championship Series. I attended Game 6 at Miller Park and after exposure to Cardinals fans seated nearby, it was impossible to stay neutral.

If we're confessing, for a brief time in the early 90s my American League team was the White Sox because my cousin was on the roster. Otherwise the only AL team I have consistently rooted for my entire life is the Mariners, due to the combination of TEH COOLEST PLAYERS EVAR for anyone who was under the age of 10 in the 90s (Griffey, Randy Johnson) followed by Ichiro, King Felix et al. I also pulled for the plucky Royals. I think Orioles hats are cool.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2877 on: September 22, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »

I am completely unrepentant in my love for Harvey's Wallbangers, Gorman Thomas in particular.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2878 on: September 22, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 22, 2017, 01:42:12 PM

I am completely unrepentant in my love for Harvey's Wallbangers, Gorman Thomas in particular.

Non-Cubs teams I liked a lot:

2014-15 Royals
2004 Red Sox
2002 Angels
Zito/Mulder/Hudson Era A's
Lou Piniella Era Mariners
90s Indians.

The 90s/2000s had several teams that should absolutely have won rings (A's/Mariners/Indians) and got cockblocked by that god awful Yankee dynasty.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2879 on: September 22, 2017, 02:03:53 PM »
I also loved the Bronx Zoo Yankees, mainly because I had just started catching and idolized Thurman Munson.
TIME TO POST!