News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Marquis de suc defenestration thread  ( 56,117 )

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Marquis de suc defenestration thread
« on: June 09, 2007, 07:07:52 PM »
Nice outing, dick.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Marquis de suc defenestration thread
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »
If JD's not on the board right now I know nobody else is going to step up and give Jock credit for taking out Hudson if I don't. Whether intentional or not, that was well-played. Umpires can't do shit to protect your bald headed ass from that, fucknuts. Ouch. Better get some ice on that, stat.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »
I'm too drunk and tired to look for the ODC/OAC thread. Can someone dig it up please? Jesus H. Christ.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »
This home plate umpire has no idea what's going on. 
[/BC]

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »
This Gallagher 2 guy isn't much fung to watch. I'll pass on him for my fantasy squad just yet.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 07:47:12 PM »
The Marquis d' Suck is back. 1 and 2/3 innings after getting a spotted a 4 run lead.

So much for Gallagher keeping the game close.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »

Marquis is who we thought he was, and he got his ass crowned.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 10:47:37 PM »
The only good thing about tonight is the Tards lost again. And the Brewers were winning 3-0 going into the bottom of the ninth and

- F. Cordero relieved D. Turnbow
- F. Catalanotto struck out swinging
- I. Kinsler grounded out to pitcher
- B. Wilkerson singled to left
- B. Wilkerson to second on fielder's indifference
- R. Vazquez walked
- G. Laird singled to left center, B. Wilkerson scored, R. Vazquez to third
- K. Lofton singled to first, R. Vazquez scored, G. Laird to second
- M. Byrd singled to center, G. Laird scored, K. Lofton to second
- M. Young singled to right, K. Lofton scored, M. Byrd to second

4 runs, 5 hits, 0 errors
Milwaukee 3, Texas 4
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 02:12:26 AM »
Fuck Milwaukee. The whole thing.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 08:19:19 AM »
The disappointing thing is Marquis struggled in his last start, but he went 5 and 1/3  only gave up 2 runs. Got a couple of double plays to get himself out of trouble. Last night he was just god awful.

I'm not saying the Cubs are a playoff team, but they have had a number of chances to not only be competitive this year, but be in first place considering the lack of any really good teams in the division. Just like the Tards were the best of the shitty last year.

RoyHobbs

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 11:03:46 AM »
Hey, the Tards may have lost, but I told you Marquis sucks donkey balls. You guys laughed it off and said Dave Duncan blah blah blah. Enjoy 2 and half more years of that douchetard.
Pick me out a winner Bobby.

therick711

• Keeping Randall Simon's memory alive, one post at a time.
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 12:33:18 PM »
Quote from: RoyHobbs on June 10, 2007, 11:03:46 AM
Hey, the Tards may have lost, but I told you Marquis sucks donkey balls. You guys laughed it off and said Dave Duncan blah blah blah. Enjoy 2 and half more years of that douchetard.

Umm, no one on this site did anything of the kind.  Perhaps you missed the hand wringing of his signing and the continued loathing of him and the moniker Marquis de Suc.  The bottom line is you can't have 5 number 1's but if you can get a guy like Marquis that will most of the time give you 5 or 6 innings at the end of the rotation, even if he does get shelled often, he can stilll serve a purpose.  The Cubs made the postseason with Shawn F@&%$in Estes at the back of the rotation.  That in mind I would put forth Marquis is an upgrade from that loser.
There's a drive . . . way back . . . gone if it's fair!  Caught at the wall!

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 04:05:16 PM »
Quote from: therick711 on June 10, 2007, 12:33:18 PM

Umm, no one on this site did anything of the kind.  Perhaps you missed the hand wringing of his signing and the continued loathing of him and the moniker Marquis de Suc.  The bottom line is you can't have 5 number 1's but if you can get a guy like Marquis that will most of the time give you 5 or 6 innings at the end of the rotation, even if he does get shelled often, he can stilll serve a purpose.  The Cubs made the postseason with Shawn F@&%$in Estes at the back of the rotation.  That in mind I would put forth Marquis is an upgrade from that loser.

Yeah, I don't remember anyone saying anything like that, either.  And Marquis has ALREADY given the Cubs 5 times as many good starts as I thought he would.  In three years.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 04:39:08 PM »
Wait, I thought Larry fixed him this offseason and that led to his ridiculous contract?

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 04:53:53 PM »

Right.  Except his ERA is still a full run lower than any starter on the Cardinals.