News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Carlos Marmol Boing-Stiffy-Splooge  ( 25,526 )

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
Carlos Marmol Boing-Stiffy-Splooge
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:16:52 AM »
The Age of The Marmot gets a big 'ole positive from PPE.

RETIRED

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Carlos Marmol Boing-Stiffy-Splooge
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:23:23 AM »
Agreed.

He was downright sick in the 8th.

In the 9th, the banjo player at second base should have turned two, but instead played the ball to the side like a scared little leaguer.  It didn't faze the Marmot, who got the next two hitters to escape the jam he hardly created.

But isn't there already a Marmot Sploogey somewhere around here?
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 12:34:31 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on August 23, 2007, 12:23:23 AM
Agreed.

In the 9th, the banjo player at second base should have turned two, but instead played the ball to the side like a scared little leaguer.  It didn't faze the Marmot, who got the next two hitters to escape the jam he hardly created.

Probably. But we don't play "bandwidth is sacred" bullshit games here. I was too lazy to do a search, so sue me. The Marmot is so good, he deserves multiple splooges in any event.
RETIRED

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:46:09 AM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on August 23, 2007, 12:34:31 AM
Quote from: Down In Front on August 23, 2007, 12:23:23 AM
Agreed.

Probably. But we don't play "bandwidth is sacred" bullshit games here. I was too lazy to do a search, so sue me. The Marmot is so good, he deserves multiple splooges in any event.

Well well well, aren't YOU a considerate bloke?  I assume you've got a closet full of Hank White Fan Club T-Shirts, then.  Besides, the search engine here is painfully simple.

And I honestly was not aware that I actually started this thread.

Also, as a supplement to Marmol, I'm still holding out hope for Wood.  I just don't trust Howry.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on August 23, 2007, 12:46:09 AM
Also, as a supplement to Marmol, I'm still holding out hope for Wood.  I just don't trust Howry.

Said it a million times--the deal with Howry is that he's one of those odd guys that pitches BETTER when he's used frequently. When he gets infrequent work, he sucks. When did Howry pitch his best this year? Answer--when Dempster was out.

Another reliever with an odd usage pattern is Mike Wuertz. When he starts an inning fresh, he stinks. But when he comes in with men on base, he's money (2nd best pctg for not letting inherited runners score in the NL....behind the Marmot).

Will F. Ohman is an oddball, too. If he's used in a major league baseball game, he sucks.

Kerry Wood, I dunno, love the guy like everyone else, but he strikes me as more of a circus curiosity than anything else. Bit player.
RETIRED

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:37 AM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on August 23, 2007, 01:04:50 AM
Quote from: Down In Front on August 23, 2007, 12:46:09 AM

Said it a million times--the deal with Howry is that he's one of those odd guys that pitches BETTER when he's used frequently. When he gets infrequent work, he sucks. When did Howry pitch his best this year? Answer--when Dempster was out.

Another reliever with an odd usage pattern is Mike Wuertz. When he starts an inning fresh, he stinks. But when he comes in with men on base, he's money (2nd best pctg for not letting inherited runners score in the NL....behind the Marmot).

Will F. Ohman is an oddball, too. If he's used in a major league baseball game, he sucks.

Kerry Wood, I dunno, love the guy like everyone else, but he strikes me as more of a circus curiosity than anything else. Bit player.

That's some funny shit, right there.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »
Is Kerry still on the team?  Has anybody seen him?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »
Quote from: Andy on August 23, 2007, 09:21:34 AM

I'm guessing one of two things:

• Either Piniella doesn't want to use him in close games yet, or:
  • He's toast, and they're waiting until they're back in Chicago to announce it.
+=

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 09:40:27 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on August 23, 2007, 09:36:34 AM
Quote from: Andy on August 23, 2007, 09:21:34 AM

I'm guessing one of two things:

• Either Piniella doesn't want to use him in close games yet, or:
  • He's toast, and they're waiting until they're back in Chicago to announce it.

There's zippy chance they're using a roster spot at this juncture (in 1st place in late August) with someone who they don't feel can contribute anything.  So there's no way he's considered "toast".

I don't know why Lou would put him in tight situations when he has enough effective right-handed bullpen help right now.  However, after two nights of fairly active bullpen use, Kerry might want to be ready today regardless of the situation.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 09:44:20 AM »
Woody was warming up Monday or Tuesday, I forget which. Didn't he get into Monday's game?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 09:45:18 AM »
I really believe Kerry's fine and just being used cautiously. I've got no problem with that. He was good his last outing, right? No worries here.

Let's hope Z goes 9 and makes this moot.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 09:47:46 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on August 23, 2007, 09:44:20 AM
Woody was warming up Monday or Tuesday, I forget which. Didn't he get into Monday's game?

Wood pitched the 7th inning on Monday's game and went 1-2-3. He came in after Piggy gave up a lead off home run.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 09:50:41 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on August 23, 2007, 09:45:18 AM
I really believe Kerry's fine and just being used cautiously. I've got no problem with that. He was good his last outing, right? No worries here.

Let's hope Z goes 9 and makes this moot beans Barroid in his grotesque, giant seedless head.

Schadenfreude'd.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 09:51:39 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on August 23, 2007, 09:50:41 AM

Let's hope Z goes 9 and makes this moot beans Barroid in his grotesque, giant seedless head.

Schadenfreude'd.

No way in Hell Barroid gets in the box against Big Z.
+=

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 10:01:49 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on August 23, 2007, 09:51:39 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on August 23, 2007, 09:50:41 AM

Schadenfreude'd.

No way in Hell Barroid gets in the box against Big Z.

He could fire one into the dugout then right at Barroid's noggin and maybe get a riccochet off of Boche's giant gourd.