News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dexter  ( 14,662 )

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Dexter
« on: September 06, 2007, 12:30:54 PM »
(WTF is up with searching Boobtube and finding no Dexter thread?)

I don't have Showtime, but I just Netflixed season 1 and I have been unable to stop at less than four episodes at a sitting. This show is a Black Angus Ribeye wrapped in a Kobe Filet Strip wrapped in bacon and rolled into two spheres, floating in a bucket of Pickapeppa. I love everything about this show, right down to the opening credits, which I don't even fast-forward through even though it's on DVD.

Michael C. Hall is the absolute balls as Dexter. He absolutely nails it from start to finish.

Julie Benz is smokin'.

The premise is about as unique as it gets. The cinematography is outstanding and unique. The supporting cast is great. James Remar! The writing is fantastic. I can't remember the last time I was so instantly hooked by a show.
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dexter
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 01:05:42 PM »
I've been a fan of Julie Benz since the Buffy/Angel days.  She was even hotter back then.  Dexter is a very good watch.  The sister bugs me a bit, but I'll keep watching until she figures out he's a killer and he allows her to bring him in.....

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 01:19:46 PM »
I am told that Michael Hall is not gay.  However, I can't separate him from his role in "Six Feet Under", and therefore I see Dexter as being gay.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I don't think that was the intent of the creator of the show.  So I see the show diffently from the way that people who are not familiar with Hall's character in "Six Feet Under".  If he is gay that puts what is going on in a whole different dimension
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
So this is the thread I could find. I think ChuckD's was Rattoed.

Anyway, I finally started watching this one On Demand. It's as good as they all say it is. I'm at the one where they think they have the Ice Truck Killler, but AHA!

Season 3 starts around September 30th.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 10:33:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 10, 2008, 01:22:49 PM
So this is the thread I could find. I think ChuckD's was Rattoed.

Anyway, I finally started watching this one On Demand. It's as good as they all say it is. I'm at the one where they think they have the Ice Truck Killler, but AHA!

Season 3 starts around September 30th.

Fuckin' A

Neifilicious

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 05:29:22 AM »
Holy.  Fucking.  Shit.

INCREDIBLE.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 12:38:16 AM »
Just watched the first episode of season 3.  Sets up some new characters an the seasons' story arc well.  Semi big celebrity taking a big role in the new season too.  They could have gotten someone better, but anyone is better than Doakes.  The ending of the episode....kickass.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 07:46:23 AM »
Quote from: Poon on September 06, 2008, 12:38:16 AM
Just watched the first episode of season 3.  Sets up some new characters an the seasons' story arc well.  Semi big celebrity taking a big role in the new season too.  They could have gotten someone better, but anyone is better than Doakes.  The ending of the episode....kickass.

I watched the episode last night too. And fuck you, Doakes was awesome.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 10:33:37 AM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on September 06, 2008, 07:46:23 AM

Doakes sucked!

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »
Quote from: Poon on September 06, 2008, 10:33:37 AM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on September 06, 2008, 07:46:23 AM

Doakes sucked!

Oh, I get it. When you say "sucked", you really mean he totally fucking ruled. Well, I agree.

cc

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 03:32:16 PM »
This season is really hitting it's stride.  Next week looks fucking intense! 

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »
Quote from: cc on November 17, 2008, 03:32:16 PM
This season is really hitting it's stride.  Next week looks fucking intense! 

I could do with a little less of the Rita/Realtor/Baby Drama, but I otherwise agree that this season is pretty damn good. If this was on HBO it'd be huge.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »
Anyone still watching? This season is strange in its way of unfolding, but it's been excellent and tonight was the best one of the season.

Man, this show is good. Chuck D, get my back here.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 23, 2008, 09:04:21 PM
Anyone still watching? This season is strange in its way of unfolding, but it's been excellent and tonight was the best one of the season.

I haven't watched last night's episode, but I'm sure it's the tits. My KurtEvans and I have a friendly wager on whether Miguel is there to kill Ellen Wolf or to sex her up. Although, it dawned on me yesterday that because Dexter showed him the ropes, maybe he's going to kill her because he's been sexing her up and his wife got a little too suspicious. Unfortunately, if he does kill her, we'll never get to see her do some drunken scissoring with LaGuerta.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 24, 2008, 02:08:24 PM
Quote from: 5laky on November 23, 2008, 09:04:21 PM

I haven't watched last night's episode, but I'm sure it's the tits. My KurtEvans and I have a friendly wager on whether Miguel is there to kill Ellen Wolf or to sex her up. Although, it dawned on me yesterday that because Dexter showed him the ropes, maybe he's going to kill her because he's been sexing her up and his wife got a little too suspicious. Unfortunately, if he does kill her, we'll never get to see her do some drunken scissoring with LaGuerta.

Damn it, I wanna tell you. At least you don't have to wait long to find out.