News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,611 )

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
Bulls are insignificant right now.
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »
So I'll sit in my mom's basement and think up trades and stuff:

This works and makes sense for most involved

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
Yet one game out of the playoffs. Oy.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »
I really don't like this team.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:12:55 PM »
They're still insignificant, but I really hope they can dump this buttwipe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba_experts/post/Cavs-Bulls-discuss-Wallace-deal?urn=nba,67957

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »
ESPN said that they've agreed to it, but it still needs league approval.

QuoteBRISTOL, CONNECTICUT (TICKER) â€"The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired center Ben Wallace from the Chicago Bulls as part of a three-team, 10-player deal, according to an ESPN report on Thursday afternoon.

The report said Wallace would go to the Cavaliers along with guard Wally Szczerbiak, forward Joe Smith and guard Delonte West in a deal which was completed right before the league’s 3 p.m. EST trade deadline.

According to ESPN, the Bulls would receive guard Larry Hughes, forward Drew Gooden and forward Cedric Simmons while the Seattle SuperSonics would get guard Chris Duhon and forwards Ira Newble and Donyell Marshall.

While I'm happy to be rid of Duh and Wallace, Larry Hughes?  Yilch.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »
Quote from: EG on February 21, 2008, 02:45:16 PM

QuoteBRISTOL, CONNECTICUT (TICKER) â€"The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired center Ben Wallace from the Chicago Bulls as part of a three-team, 10-player deal, according to an ESPN report on Thursday afternoon.

The report said Wallace would go to the Cavaliers along with guard Wally Szczerbiak, forward Joe Smith and guard Delonte West in a deal which was completed right before the league’s 3 p.m. EST trade deadline.

According to ESPN, the Bulls would receive guard Larry Hughes, forward Drew Gooden and forward Cedric Simmons while the Seattle SuperSonics would get guard Chris Duhon and forwards Ira Newble and Donyell Marshall.

Well the Bulls just stayed insignificant. Gross.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 21, 2008, 02:49:24 PM

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/fullcourtpress/2008/02/times-up-on-big.html

Wallace and Smith gone for Hughes, Simmons, and Gooden.

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 21, 2008, 02:51:45 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 21, 2008, 02:49:24 PM

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/fullcourtpress/2008/02/times-up-on-big.html

Wallace and Smith gone for Hughes, Simmons, and Gooden.

Yes it's gross, yes Larry Hughes sucks (see here), but let's just enjoy the fact that they got rid of the overpaid, underperforming turd. One thing to keep in mind is his toxic 'I'm a star and a leader and I can tell my coach to extend some rookie's suspension' attitude won't be around when the next coach is hired.

He just said on the Score that "I'm used to being under the bus myself." What a jackass.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »
I think the sad thing is that the best player in the trade is Joe Smith.

Getting rid of the Afro was overdue.  But it'd be nice if Larry Hughes could still play, because they need his size in the backcourt.  It'd also be nice if Drew Gooden wasn't insane.  Cedric Simmons would be good with another 40 pounds and a jump shot.  Shannon Brown's about three inches too small.

Other than that, it's a great trade.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 03:23:48 PM »
Evidentally, Adrian Griffin was shipped to the Sonics as part of this deal, with Wally Szczerbiak going to Cleveland.

The Eastern Conference playoff landscape just got even more "meh" than it was before.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 04:12:43 PM »
Danny Ferry?

Quite daft.

Yah mo B there!

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »
Quote from: KD on February 21, 2008, 04:12:43 PM
Danny Ferry?

Quite daft.

Ferry would have had to telecommute the rest of the season if he didn't do something.  Even if it's something bad.  He couldn't have showed up at the Gund Arena without getting a beat down. With each deal that happened over the past couple weeks, LeBron James' response was basically "What the Fuck!". 

3 years of Larry Hughes vs. 3 more years of the Big Turd? 

Ferry and Paxson- Two desperate schmos that basically swapped their over-priced shit.  Helps neither team.  Hurts neither team.  But look....I made a trade.

On the positive side...with Wallace and Smith out of the picture, we should get a good thorough evaluation on Tyrus and Noah.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »
This is from Bill Simmon's column

QuoteQ: If you're at a blackjack table and John Paxson sits down with you, how fast do you get up and run to another table? The guy stayed on 16 last season by not acquiring Gasol when the East was wide open for the taking, and now that he's down a few grand, he's making wild moves like splitting 10s (trading for Larry Hughes).
-- Rich, Upper Darby, Pa.

SG: See, I think the Hughes deal was like splitting sixes against a 10 -- your hand was already going to lose, why make it worse? Poor Paxson. He's like the buddy in Vegas who went on a huge late-night run, had two grand in chips in front of him and everyone telling him, "Come on, cash in -- we'll get a late night breakfast and come back strong tomorrow," only he was saying, "Nah, I can double this," so everyone goes to eat ... then they come back 90 minutes later to find out that he's down to 200 bucks and getting worked over by a dealer who looks exactly like Bai Ling.

Doesn't he know that the Grizzlies were looking for expiring contracts?  Or Reinsdorf refuses to up the salary because of the luxury tax? Is it too much to ask to know the facts before you write something? 

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 08:23:46 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on February 27, 2008, 09:31:30 PM
This is from Bill Simmon's column

QuoteQ: If you're at a blackjack table and John Paxson sits down with you, how fast do you get up and run to another table? The guy stayed on 16 last season by not acquiring Gasol when the East was wide open for the taking, and now that he's down a few grand, he's making wild moves like splitting 10s (trading for Larry Hughes).
-- Rich, Upper Darby, Pa.

SG: See, I think the Hughes deal was like splitting sixes against a 10 -- your hand was already going to lose, why make it worse? Poor Paxson. He's like the buddy in Vegas who went on a huge late-night run, had two grand in chips in front of him and everyone telling him, "Come on, cash in -- we'll get a late night breakfast and come back strong tomorrow," only he was saying, "Nah, I can double this," so everyone goes to eat ... then they come back 90 minutes later to find out that he's down to 200 bucks and getting worked over by a dealer who looks exactly like Bai Ling.

Doesn't he know that the Grizzlies were looking for expiring contracts?  Or Reinsdorf refuses to up the salary because of the luxury tax? Is it too much to ask to know the facts before you write something? 

Yeah.  Poor Paxson.  He's only an All-American NCAA guard who sealed off one NBA Finals Series with a flurry of jumpers, and closed out a three-peat with another one in the desert.   What's sad about it is that he's being sent up some douchebag chowderhead's little camp humor.
FIRE EVERYBODY!