News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,597 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1680 on: June 16, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 16, 2011, 01:40:49 PM
We are lucky we never got lebron.

This is the show-stopper:

QuoteOur hometown hero Derrick Rose, humble player that he is, likely would have deferred to LeBron, giving him more touches, especially in crunch time. The tremendous growth and confidence we saw in Rose from his sophomore season to last season would have been stunted.

Congratulations, folks.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1681 on: June 16, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »

Yup. There are a lot of stupid people out there, writing things on the Internet.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1682 on: June 16, 2011, 03:49:16 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 16, 2011, 02:52:02 PM

Yup. There are a lot of stupid people out there, writing things on the Internet.

Indeed. Look at the pie chart too. That's a healthy slice of stupid for you. Again, congrats.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1683 on: June 17, 2011, 08:02:36 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 16, 2011, 02:52:02 PM

After reading that, I think we all owe Fro Dog an apology.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1684 on: June 28, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »
I'm surprised Chad didn't post this little number.
Time to eat crow, bro.

"Hey guys. You all remember this article I wrote last year? Within that article are comments from various idiots as well telling me I was wrong. An example would be by a man (or woman) named Richard Chugger who defended LeBron for saying that the teams he was on were bad and that's why he never won a title. So then, he goes to the Heat and what happens? Yep. Still no title."

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1685 on: June 28, 2011, 01:08:25 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 28, 2011, 01:02:07 PM
Time to eat crow, bro.

"Hey guys. You all remember this article I wrote last year? Within that article are comments from various idiots as well telling me I was wrong. An example would be by a man (or woman) named Richard Chugger who defended LeBron for saying that the teams he was on were bad and that's why he never won a title. So then, he goes to the Heat and what happens? Yep. Still no title."

You should get outta Brolumbus and into the Shoutbox
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1686 on: June 28, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on June 28, 2011, 01:08:25 PM
Quote from: BH on June 28, 2011, 01:02:07 PM
Time to eat crow, bro.

You should get outta Brolumbus and into the Shoutbox

Still. No. Title.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1687 on: August 01, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1688 on: July 22, 2012, 09:57:04 PM »
I'm going back to this thread title for Bulls talk because the Bulls are spiraling rapidly toward insignificance. When KC Johnson calls them out for being cheap, it's become obvious to everyone.

QuoteGeneral manager Gar Forman stared into the cameras and microphones on NBA draft night and uttered a phrase that Bulls fans have clung to throughout free agency.

"Our decisions this summer will be basketball decisions, not financial decisions," Forman said.

Omer Asik's $5 million salary is on the verge of disappearing in favor of Nazr Mohammed's $1.4 million salary. Kyle Korver's $5 million salary has become Vladimir Radmanovic's minimum deal. Ronnie Brewer walked for nothing, replaced by Jimmy Butler, who is still on his rookie deal and sat out Sunday's summer-league finale because of injury as the Bulls finished 1-5 following a 113-68 pasting by the Bucks.

In the wake of Derrick Rose's knee injury, the Bulls have made their decisions. Whether they are interpreted as basketball or financial is in the eye of the beholder.

He goes on to say that the organization is planning to basically punt not just this year while Rose recovers, but 2013-2014, too. I realize it makes me sound like a common Fro, but I think their best shot at a title was probably 2010-11 before Miami filled in the gaps around the Big Three. It's going to take a total tear down and rebuild around Rose, which will take a years to shed all the salary. It'd help if Mirotic turned out to be good but that's far from a sure thing.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1689 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:02 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 22, 2012, 09:57:04 PM
I'm going back to this thread title for Bulls talk because the Bulls are spiraling rapidly toward insignificance. When KC Johnson calls them out for being cheap, it's become obvious to everyone.

QuoteGeneral manager Gar Forman stared into the cameras and microphones on NBA draft night and uttered a phrase that Bulls fans have clung to throughout free agency.

"Our decisions this summer will be basketball decisions, not financial decisions," Forman said.

Omer Asik's $5 million salary is on the verge of disappearing in favor of Nazr Mohammed's $1.4 million salary. Kyle Korver's $5 million salary has become Vladimir Radmanovic's minimum deal. Ronnie Brewer walked for nothing, replaced by Jimmy Butler, who is still on his rookie deal and sat out Sunday's summer-league finale because of injury as the Bulls finished 1-5 following a 113-68 pasting by the Bucks.

In the wake of Derrick Rose's knee injury, the Bulls have made their decisions. Whether they are interpreted as basketball or financial is in the eye of the beholder.

He goes on to say that the organization is planning to basically punt not just this year while Rose recovers, but 2013-2014, too. I realize it makes me sound like a common Fro, but I think their best shot at a title was probably 2010-11 before Miami filled in the gaps around the Big Three. It's going to take a total tear down and rebuild around Rose, which will take a years to shed all the salary. It'd help if Mirotic turned out to be good but that's far from a sure thing.

If they're going to punt, they should truly gut the roster and trade Noah and Deng while they still have value.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1690 on: July 23, 2012, 05:39:39 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 22, 2012, 11:39:02 PM

If they're going to punt, they should truly gut the roster and trade Noah and Deng while they still have value.

Aren't you the same person who said, not that long ago, that Noah's contract was ridiculous and no one would ever trade for him?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1691 on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 23, 2012, 05:39:39 AM

Aren't you the same person who said, not that long ago, that Noah's contract was ridiculous and no one would ever trade for him?

I thought Noah's deal wasn't terrible before guys like Asik got their deals. Now Noah is a steal.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1692 on: July 23, 2012, 09:09:45 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 23, 2012, 08:46:51 AM
Quote from: PenPho on July 23, 2012, 05:39:39 AM

I thought Noah's deal wasn't terrible before guys like Asik got their deals. Now Noah is a steal.

I was talking about trades for Noah that netted immediate help for a championship run. If you're talking about getting back draft picks and expiring contracts, you can move him obviously. Or not. Fuck do I care?

Also, I'll admit that after watching him more closely late last season (closing in on 100 times watched) I underrated him for years out of butthurt remaining from his days at Florida when his Gators pantsed Purdue, Butler and my entire bracket one March. Looking at his game objectively, I see plenty of value. So, there. I said it. Have your moment. 

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1693 on: July 24, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
More on insignificance. In short, the Bulls are basically a small-market team. You know, despite being the most profitable franchise in the NBA over the last 20 years.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1694 on: July 24, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 24, 2012, 09:41:51 AM
More on insignificance. In short, the Bulls are basically a small-market team. You know, despite being the most profitable franchise in the NBA over the last 20 years.

Aren't the bulls paying a luxury tax this year? That's what is really sad, how horrible the bulls are at being cheap.