News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,341 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »
I decided to watch some, if not most of the last two Bulls games. WHY? I want my life back.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on March 17, 2008, 10:00:09 PM
I decided to watch some, if not most of the last two Bulls games. WHY? I want my life back.
I'm actually GOING tomorrow night.  Well, at least someone else is paying for it.  And dinner is at Vivo.  Maybe we can redirect this thread to Italian restaurants?

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 02:50:39 AM »
For the last time, and maybe this will get to Bill Simmons sooner or later:

West made a point to not leave the Grizzlies worse than he found them. His absolute last offer, on the afternoon of that fateful (and frustrating) Thursday nearly 13 months ago was this:

Luol Deng + Tyrus Thomas + Ben Gordon + PJ Brown + 2007 Bulls pick (from NY).

for

Pau Gasol + Tarence Kinsey.

This would leave Chicago with the starting lineup of (ready?)

Chris Duhon
Kirk Hinrich
Andres Nocioni
Pau Gasol
Ben Wallace

With, uh, Thabo coming off the bench. And ... well, nothing else.

That lineup, this season, would be making about 52-million dollars, with ten other spots to fill in a salary cap that only goes to 59 mil.

I would have killed to have Pau, but Paxson's timing has always been shyte. Pau was the one guy I wanted, even more than KG (my favorite player, still), but Pax had no chance at him. Even when Ric Bucher told him that Paxson had no chance at him this year (offering Noc, Noah, Duhon+VK), Simmons could only chortle and make it to his next Real World joke. I'm 27, and haven't watched the Real World since Puck made all those hippies cry. What's Simmons' excuse?

Pax has made mistakes. Two of them. He shouldn't have signed Ben Wallace, and shouldn't have traded Tyson Chandler (as someone who sees a lot of LaMarcus Aldridge, trust me). But the Pau/KG/Kobe issues were not mistakes.

Yah mo B there!

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 08:46:33 AM »
I suppose, KD, that you could send that to Simmons hoping to get into his "mailbag". Unfortunately, the lack of a Karate Kid reference will leave you high and dry.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 05:32:03 PM »
Is KD still writing for Yahoo?  Or is he strictly doing roundtable discussions with cubs fans these days?  I need an update, please.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 05:53:28 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on April 03, 2008, 05:32:03 PM
Is KD still writing for Yahoo?  Or is he strictly doing roundtable discussions with cubs fans these days?  I need an update, please.

I've been keeping up with the NBA blog on Yahoo. It's great. Bookmark that shit. And look out for that guy that writes his comments in all caps. He's a loon.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 06:24:26 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 07, 2008, 05:53:28 AM

I've been keeping up with the NBA blog on Yahoo. It's great. Bookmark that shit. And look out for that guy that writes his comments in all caps. He's a loon.

I look there, but I only ever see JE Skeets stuff. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:14:27 PM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on April 07, 2008, 06:24:26 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 07, 2008, 05:53:28 AM

I look there, but I only ever see JE Skeets stuff. 
KD still does a daily Behind the Boxscore, and he'll throw in the occasional other post.  I'd love to see some more of the Shocking Dialogue series.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »
So the Bulls are eliminated by the Heat. Thank god they didn't make the playoffs. What a fucking waste of a season.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 10:02:51 AM »
Quote from: butthead on April 09, 2008, 02:38:01 PM
So the Bulls are eliminated by the Heat. Thank god they didn't make the playoffs. What a fucking waste of a season.

And they weren't even crappy enough to get a real shot at Beasley or Rose.

Hopefully they'll trade the pick, and make some moves to get better.  It should be an interesting summer.  Or not, given that it's John Paxson.  We might see the same team as this year, plus Kevin Love.  Yay.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »
Quote from: EG on April 10, 2008, 10:02:51 AM

Hopefully they'll trade the pick, and make some moves to get better.  It should be an interesting summer.  Or not, given that it's John Paxson.  We might see the same team as this year, plus Kevin Love.  Yay.

It should be interesting, but that will be because of baseball. Hopefully.

Pax needs to shake things up, but who knows if that is even possible. The thought of having to watch this team again next basketball season is sickening.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 10:13:18 AM »
Quote from: butthead on April 10, 2008, 10:11:18 AM

Pax needs to shake things up, but who knows if that is even possible. The thought of having to watch this team again next basketball season is sickening.

If that made you sick, this would kill you.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 10, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

That does put things in perspective. I feel better. Thanks.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »

If you really want to get sick, think about them drafting Psycho T in the 1st and Neitzel in the 2nd. They both play for big time programs, they stay out of trouble, and they'll bring 'energy' and 'effort'. No way Paxson can pass up these winners.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 10, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

That makes most of us (Apex excluded) pretty smiley.