News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Breaking Bad  ( 42,488 )

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »
Watched episode two last night.

"MILFs? What's a MILF?"

Not much to say, but that I anticipate this series getting pretty fucking dark.

Quote from: ~Apex on January 30, 2008, 11:48:51 AM
It's an odd roller coaster of emotion that this story inspires in me. When I watch White commit some horrifying criminal acts, I get a rush of fear and anguish for the character because I can anticipate what the repercussions will mean for him. It's like watching The Shield when I think, for sure, that Vic has just gone too far this time and there's no going back and he's screwed through the floor now... But this character has terminal lung cancer. He doesn't have time for the repercussions to really set in. If he goes to jail he won't survive two years of his sentence and will do most of it hooked up to breathing tubes anyway. Prison really should be no deterrent to him at this point. He's gonna die a slow painful death regardless.

So I'm kind of free to just watch with impunity, believing that shit can't possibly get worse. That is where this show is totally brand new for me. Maybe there have been stories like this before but damned if I can remember one that was worth a shit.

Clearly it goes beyond repercussions.

I mean, yeah, he obviously has no moral qualms about cooking meth (yet).

But deliberately killing another human being is something neither of these guys wants to do, regardless of legal or social sanction.

The drama goes beyond the pressures of formal, external authority, which, as you point out, are mostly a non-factor for the terminal White.

I get the sense that (aside from the darkly comic practical fuck-ups that drive the plot) the show is going to be animated throughout by his much more personal struggles with himself.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »
I'm officially hooked. Tonight's episode was awesome and I'm eager to see next week when Walt tells his wife that he has lung cancer and possibly that he's cooking meth.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 02:32:20 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on February 10, 2008, 10:14:36 PM
I'm officially hooked. Tonight's episode was awesome and I'm eager to see next week when Walt tells his wife that he has lung cancer and possibly that he's cooking meth.

I doubt if he tells her about the meth. This admission of the cancer and prognosis will probably be an attempt to explain his odd behavior. Maybe it will buy him some time out of the house. Skyler may finally see fit to "climb down out of (his) ass" and let him run around getting stoned for a while. If he admits he's cooking meth she'd probably tell her douchebag of a brother in law and that will be that.

We found out in this episode that Jesse was the DEA's snitch. Didn't we? Isn't that what they said? They tried to kill our snitch? They were talking about one of those three? The beguilingly Japanese looking dude, Krazy 8 or Jesse. But then that talk at the beginning about not knowing who Cap'n Cook was kinda throws that off. That's part of the story I'm not quite getting yet. If Jesse is a snitch, DEA Douche is going to track him down and beat some stuff out of him at some point. Probably in hopes of finding Krazy 8 and co. And that's gonna be the pinnacle of all this shit.

But I'm not sure who the snitch was. If it was Krazy 8, that's a whole other story. Because he won't be doing any more snitching.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »
I think the way Walt ended up dealing with the basement problem was kind of a cop out by the writers. Either he was going to have to live in fear for himself and his family, or be a cold-blooded pre-meditated killer. Walt didn't have the balls to do the deed on his own terms, which is what I wanted to see him do after all that build up. Instead he was able to react to Krazy 8 reaching for the broken plate piece. It made it too easy for him. I guess if he marched down there and whacked the guy like it was nothing we'd have to look at the character a whole new way.

It's probably hard to make a cold-blooded killer likable. Other than Tony Soprano.

I thought the snitch was Krazy 8 by the way.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
Quote from: butthead on February 11, 2008, 06:45:46 PM
I think the way Walt ended up dealing with the basement problem was kind of a cop out by the writers. Either he was going to have to live in fear for himself and his family, or be a cold-blooded pre-meditated killer. Walt didn't have the balls to do the deed on his own terms, which is what I wanted to see him do after all that build up. Instead he was able to react to Krazy 8 reaching for the broken plate piece. It made it too easy for him. I guess if he marched down there and whacked the guy like it was nothing we'd have to look at the character a whole new way.

It's probably hard to make a cold-blooded killer likable. Other than Tony Soprano.

I thought the snitch was Krazy 8 by the way.

I didn't mind the way that worked out. I thought it would play out a bit differently with Walt confronting and killing Domingo, only to find that the missing piece of plate had actually slid to a halt underneath a workbench/chair/table.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 10:46:35 PM »
This show continues to impress. Cranston just became one of my favorites. Tremendous episode this week.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »
It's a really good show. Too bad there's only one more episode this season.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »
I want to see a Tuco spin-off.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
I haven't watched this show in order of episode, but it is really compelling. 

In one of the scenes, the lead is drinking Scotch...  specifically, Dimple aka the Pinch.  Either excellent product placement, or someone on the show knows their whiskey.  An ex gf's dad used to give me the stuff to drink.  I liked him.  I like this show. 

I have to admit to enjoying Malcom in the Middle too.  I think it's really well written, and the Dad played on that episode is a great character too.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 03:27:41 PM »
Attention tweakers, Breaking Bad is back next Sunday.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »
I know nothing about this show, but while home from work laid up with a paralyzed neck yesterday, (Intrepid Reader: SBox - PEN IS SO OLD!) I saw about 1000 commercials for it on AMC, the only channel that has anything worthwhile to watch on daytime TV (Big, Rudy, Hook all in one day!)

Before my Alzheimers-esque ramble goes on any longer, I wanted to point out that there is a Season 1 Marathon of this meth-show on Friday night.
All the episodes.

That is all.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 11:32:41 PM »
Jesse's-girlfriend-turned-meth-head is hot.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 11:50:01 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 24, 2009, 11:32:41 PM
Jesse's-girlfriend-turned-meth-head is hot.

I would do her*...

...SPOILER...

*Before her body gets too cold.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »
Walt kind of pulled a Tony Soprano move at the end.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 10:15:36 PM »
OMI/NTSB

Discuss...