News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pineapple Express  ( 11,209 )

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Pineapple Express
« on: February 18, 2008, 02:44:37 PM »
This looks like a movie that some people would like to go see. 
Movie.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pineapple Express
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 02:59:51 PM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on February 18, 2008, 02:44:37 PM
This looks like a movie that some people would like to go see. 
Movie.

I already have it in my outlook calendar.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »
BUMP.

Went to go see this last night.  Of course, I wasn't able to get in and sit with my friends, but while fuming on the curb outside, I overheard someone saying it was hilarious.  They also mentioned something about James Franco being awesome in it.  Hopefully I'll get to see this soon enough.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »
This is a very disappointing movie.  I expected so much more.  It has some funny spots, but mostly it goes for the cheap laugh and ends up with very peculiar violence.  Ed Begly Jr. was given a very small part that he makes the most of, but then he disappears from the movie.   There is an actor whom I have never seen before who has a great scene as a high school teacher who appears to be younger than his students, as he tries to emulate them.  Franco is good as the low level drug dealer, but the writing of his part is too weak for his acting.   Seth Rogen is best when his character is doing things that are subordinate to the plot.  In the end of the movie they have him engaged in a brawl that starts out with him carrying more weapons than Stallone did as Rambo.  Sorry, when you have comic characters step out of character and start performing heroic deeds you stand the movie's logic on its head.  Abbott and Costello were funny becasue they couldn't rescue the heroine, or themselves.  If they did it was because a flour sack fell on the bad guy's head, not because they blew him away with a semi automatic.  Some "B" actor with a moustache and shoulder pads in his suit had to save them.  Mrs Cubbieblue said that I probably would have liked "Mama Mia" more.  She is probably right.
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »
Oh yes.  Like "Tropic Thunder" this movie starts with a prologue that is funnier than the movie that follows it.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on August 25, 2008, 10:31:03 AM
This is a very disappointing movie.  I expected so much more.  It has some funny spots, but mostly it goes for the cheap laugh and ends up with very peculiar violence.  Ed Begly Jr. was given a very small part that he makes the most of, but then he disappears from the movie.   There is an actor whom I have never seen before who has a great scene as a high school teacher who appears to be younger than his students, as he tries to emulate them.  Franco is good as the low level drug dealer, but the writing of his part is too weak for his acting.   Seth Rogen is best when his character is doing things that are subordinate to the plot.  In the end of the movie they have him engaged in a brawl that starts out with him carrying more weapons than Stallone did as Rambo.  Sorry, when you have comic characters step out of character and start performing heroic deeds you stand the movie's logic on its head.  Abbott and Costello were funny becasue they couldn't rescue the heroine, or themselves.  If they did it was because a flour sack fell on the bad guy's head, not because they blew him away with a semi automatic.  Some "B" actor with a moustache and shoulder pads in his suit had to save them.  Mrs Cubbieblue said that I probably would have liked "Mama Mia" more.  She is probably right.

That's Joe Lo Truglio.  He also was in Superbad, playing the creepy guy who hits Seth with his car and then takes the two of them to a party.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »
Yeah, I thought this movie was awesome. All kinds of it. I think Stew is taking it a little too seriously, but it's entirely possible that there was no way I wasn't going to enjoy this one.

That sentence made no sense.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 02:06:10 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on August 25, 2008, 01:54:36 PM
Yeah, I thought this movie was awesome. All kinds of it. I think Stew is taking it a little too seriously, but it's entirely possible that there was no way I wasn't going to enjoy this one.

Perhaps it wasn't REALISTIC enough for him?!

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »

I'm guessing it all fucking sucks based on this review.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
Quote from: CT II on August 25, 2008, 02:58:58 PM

I'm guessing it all fucking sucks based on this review.

Nice, now we have heat.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 04:57:14 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 25, 2008, 02:06:10 PM

Hey!   I thought that the "Wizard of Oz" was awesome.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 05:56:59 AM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on August 25, 2008, 04:57:14 PM
Quote from: Weebs on August 25, 2008, 02:06:10 PM

Hey!   I thought that the "Wizard of Oz" was awesome.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 09:04:45 PM »
I haven't seen this movie.  I haven't seen Superbad, either.  There's a good chance that I'll never see either of 'em.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 04:49:35 PM »
I've seen Superbad.

Have you seen Ghostbusters II?

Yah mo B there!

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »
Saw it and then immediately bought the soundtrack.  Or was that Top Gun?  I think it was both, actually.  And you can throw Three Ninjas Kick Back in that mix, too.