News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,638 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Chris Williams anyone? Rashard Mendenhall? Jeff Otah? Trade up and take Dorsey? Trade out altogether and take Rick Mirer again?

What sayeth?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Ken Dorsey?  That'd be silly.  Pull yer head outta yer butt.  There's no need to trade up to take him anyways.  Jeff Otah?  Sounds like Jeff Utah to me.  Never take a dude named after a Mormon state.  Chris Williams?  Good name, but he's black, not white.  Don't take black dudes with white names that went to Vanderbilt.  Mendenhall?  He's good.  The Bears need an offensive line or the pick ain't worth the booger it'd net.  So who should they take?  They should take a pass.  They'd just screw up the pick anyways. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Chris Long is taken with the second pick. 

[racist]I'm sure he'll go on to join the long list of white DE's who became outstanding pass rushers in the NFL.[/racist]
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT II on April 26, 2008, 02:15:07 PM
Chris Long is taken with the second pick. 

[racist]I'm sure he'll go on to join the long list of white DE's who became outstanding pass rushers in the NFL.[/racist]

Let's see there was...

and then there was... uh... Trace Armstrong. That's it. Geez.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bryce Paup?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 26, 2008, 02:50:42 PM
Bryce Paup?

Patrick Kearney says hi. Does anybody hear him?

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
They'll get a franchise QB.  They're gonna trade it to Green Bay for the rights to Brett Favre.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
It's Chris Williams. If he can get to the LT spot this season, Tait can move back to the right where he belongs. If it works out, the Bears get better on both sides of the line.

Please, be good.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Good pick. Mendenhall would have been fun to watch if the offensive line wasn't in shambles, but they filled a need. And the guy is definitely a left tackle, something that you couldn't be sure about with Otah or Albert.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: RV on April 26, 2008, 03:58:21 PM
Good pick. Mendenhall would have been fun to watch if the offensive line wasn't in shambles, but they filled a need. And the guy is definitely a left tackle, something that you couldn't be sure about with Otah or Albert.

The best thing about it is that they got a guy from the best college football conference on this continent. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Neifilicious

Clady was gone, so we were left with three O-linemen worthy of the draft slot.

Otah and Albert would both be learning on the job.  One's a RT and one's a Guard.  Williams was a starting left tackle for a long time and is ready to go.  Tait's been a pretty decent left tackle, but he's gonna be sick back on the right side.

Good stuff.  Back-to-back years with awesome first round picks.  

For the second round, any of Chilo Richal, Sam Baker, Brian Brohm, or Joe Flacco would be downright heavenly and make the draft an automatic win, no matter who the rest of the picks are.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: RV on April 26, 2008, 03:58:21 PM

I have a feeling Mendenhall will still be available in the second round.

Neifilicious

Flacco just went 18th overall to Baltimore.  That's the reach of the draft.  They're either going to look very smart or very stupid in three years.

Probably very stupid, as they could have traded down ten spots and still gotten him...Or Brohm...Who would have probably been a much better choice.  The whole thing smells like someone trying to act smarter than they are.