News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Venture Bros.  ( 53,278 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Venture Bros.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on June 02, 2008, 01:45:32 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 02, 2008, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: Kerm on June 02, 2008, 11:54:35 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on June 02, 2008, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: Kerm on June 02, 2008, 11:50:43 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 02, 2008, 11:44:24 AM
Quote from: Kerm on June 02, 2008, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 01, 2008, 08:18:34 PM
Watching season one right now. This is a pretty awesome show.

Dr. Venture is pretty much awesome. And Dr. Girlfriend is also awesome.

Add: Finished first disc of season one. Steak sauce.

The Ghost Pirate thing was just awesome.

I just finished Disc 1 last night, too.  Great recommendation, Apex.  I love how abrupt the endings are.  And Brock Samson's rage is a sight to behold.  Love the episode when his secret agent license expires and he keeps wanting to murder the bartender who makes fun of his mullet.

I almost pissed myself when he beat the shit out of the ghost.

Or when he refuses to use a gun at the shooting range and uses the cutout of the lady and her baby to beat the shit out of the other cutouts?  Fantastic.

Or when he fucks a dolphin? I'm telling you, hurry up.

Sent Disc 1 in today.  Disc 2 should be in my grubby hands by Wednesday.

We're in the exact same situation. Let's see how this plays out...together.

I bailed on you, and for that, I am truly sorry.  $44 with free shipping for seasons one and two.  I pulled the trigger, and I don't regret it.
You shouldn't. That show just keeps getting better. The finale for season one blew my mind, and the finale for season 2 is better.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 04:47:15 PM »
If you're sick of waiting or reading this thread with a curiosity as to the show's awesomness but don't want to spend money on cartoons, just go to adultswim.com and become more cool for free.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 02, 2008, 04:47:15 PM
If you're sick of waiting or reading this thread with a curiosity as to the show's awesomness but don't want to spend money on cartoons, just go to adultswim.com and become more cool for free.
Just watched the season 3 premiere. Brilliant.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »
Quote from: Jon on June 03, 2008, 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on June 02, 2008, 04:47:15 PM
Just watched the season 3 premiere. Brilliant.

That first ep of season 3 was outstanding.  Loved all the backstory and the theme song animation was great.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »
3.2 - Tits. Out. Gil. Hodges.

That Dr. Killenger is quickly becoming my favorite character. He emasculated Brock Samson for fuck sake! Everything with that guy is a giant build-up to an abrupt anti-climactic ending though, which leads me to believe he'll be back for more at a later date.

Kind of like the real Dr. Kissenger. His influence over the powerful never seems to die. You can read more about it in the Bible.

Steak.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 07:57:34 AM »
Yeah, I just finished season one and should be getting both discs of season two on Wednesday. Fantastic show.

I wanted to mention my man-cartoon love for Dr. Orpheus. Holy shit that guy is awesome.

That episode with the college stuff was genius.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 09, 2008, 07:57:34 AM
I wanted to mention my man-cartoon love for Dr. Orpheus. Holy shit that guy is awesome.

Who wants PIZZA ROOOOLLLLS?

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 03:59:43 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on June 09, 2008, 03:48:59 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 09, 2008, 07:57:34 AM

Who wants PIZZA ROOOOLLLLS?

Don't worry pumpkin, Daddy does this all the time! Evel Knievel, David Blaine, both of them were daddy's clients. Even Ronald Reagan, until he bounced a check.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 08, 2008, 11:01:05 PM
3.2 - Tits. Out. Gil. Hodges.

That Dr. Killenger is quickly becoming my favorite character. He emasculated Brock Samson for fuck sake! Everything with that guy is a giant build-up to an abrupt anti-climactic ending though, which leads me to believe he'll be back for more at a later date.

Kind of like the real Dr. Kissenger. His influence over the powerful never seems to die. You can read more about it in the Bible.

Steak.

Agreed.  Missed the season premiere, but this one certainly didn't disappoint.

Where can I get me a Magic Murder Bag?
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »
Season two arrives Wednesday.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 11:24:46 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 09, 2008, 08:40:44 PM

Finished Disc 1 of Season 2 yesterday.  You are in for a treat.  I think it was from Season 1, but I thought the "Ignore me!" alien was going to be the death of me.

Thank you, Apex.  Thank you very much.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 11:36:55 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on June 11, 2008, 11:24:46 AM

Finished Disc 1 of Season 2 yesterday.  You are in for a treat.  I think it was from Season 1, but I thought the "Ignore me!" alien was going to be the death of me.

Can't wait. I don't remember the ignore me alien, so I think I'll be meeting him in the next couple of days. This show fucking rules. I owe you one Apex.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »

Did you notice Stephen Colbert as the voice of Mr. Impossible (stretchy dude)?

The "Ignore me!" alien was a fucking riot. When he yelled it at the cab driver I lost my shit completely. I've seen that episode three times now and it just flat out never gets old. This series kicks up about 30 notches on the second disc of season two. Wait til you see the Scooby Doo gang. Oh, holy crap. 

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 12:03:17 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 11, 2008, 11:56:06 AM

The "Ignore me!" alien was a fucking riot. When he yelled it at the cab driver I lost my shit completely. I've seen that episode three times now and it just flat out never gets old. This series kicks up about 30 notches on the second disc of season two. Wait til you see the Scooby Doo gang. Oh, holy crap. 

I did notice that. As a big fan of Harvey Birdman, I must say Colbert's got some excellent chops for animated shows.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 11, 2008, 11:56:06 AM

What he said. That episode is ridiculous good. Although nothing tops the season 2 finale for me.