News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,029 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #2235 on: February 23, 2016, 02:23:47 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 23, 2016, 10:22:03 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on February 23, 2016, 10:12:49 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 23, 2016, 03:57:45 AM
Al sure can read people.

QuoteI spent a few minutes speaking to Maddon. The man is just amazingly impressive. He doesn't measure his words, but he knows exactly what he wants to say about any particular situation, and seems to understand why he's being asked specific questions.

What?

But why are you punishing yourself by going over there and reading that?

I've been asking that question to members of this community for over 10 years now. Wow, 10 years. It sounds crazy when you say it like that. The answer is apparently that they enjoy making fun of Al. To each his own, I guess.

Nailed it.

Or, I just need my daily 45-picture photo gallery of the Wrigley renovations which capture the magic of new scaffolding and new tarps replacing the ones that blew down in the wind. That's the stuff.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2236 on: February 23, 2016, 02:36:49 PM »
Al sure can read people.

QuoteI spent a few minutes speaking to Maddon. The man is just amazingly impressive. He doesn't measure his words, but he knows exactly what he wants to say about any particular situation, and seems to understand why he's being asked specific questions.

What?

I've been asking that question to members of this community for over 10 years now. Wow, 10 years. It sounds crazy when you say it like that. The answer is apparently that they enjoy making fun of Al. To each his own, I guess.

At this point it's only really fun when Al does something stupid like write an open letter to Theo detailing all of the ways his rebuilding plan sucks, so that we have concrete proof for all eternity that the man is dumber than a stump. As far as making fun of his actual sentence structure and just plain bad writing on a daily basis, that sounds exhausting, but I suppose someone has to do it in order to alert us to things like the aforementioned open letter.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2237 on: February 23, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 23, 2016, 02:36:49 PM
Al sure can read people.

What?

At this point it's only really fun when Al does something stupid like write an open letter to Theo detailing all of the ways his rebuilding plan sucks, so that we have concrete proof for all eternity that the man is dumber than a stump. As far as making fun of his actual sentence structure and just plain bad writing on a daily basis, that sounds exhausting, but I suppose someone has to do it in order to alert us to things like the aforementioned open letter.

It used to be a lot more fun when he'd get called out by his readers for being a dumbass, but at this point he's banned out all but his sycophants.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2238 on: February 23, 2016, 09:35:12 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 23, 2016, 03:50:55 PM
Al sure can read people.

What?

It used to be a lot more fun when he'd get called out by his readers for being a dumbass, but at this point he's banned out all but his sycophants.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2239 on: February 24, 2016, 08:18:36 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 23, 2016, 09:35:12 PM
Al sure can read people.

What?

Pretty sure I've seen that guy on Twitter and this is a pretty excellent parody

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2240 on: February 24, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 24, 2016, 08:18:36 AM
Al sure can read people.

What?

[image]

He put it up as an actual FanPost on BCB, which has been deleted (of course). I admire the commitment:

https://twitter.com/soylentgibby/status/702217319682936834

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2241 on: February 24, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2016, 10:13:37 AM
Al sure can read people.

What?

[image]

He put it up as an actual FanPost on BCB, which has been deleted (of course). I admire the commitment:

That's fantastic.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2242 on: February 24, 2016, 11:09:45 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 24, 2016, 10:49:26 AM
Al sure can read people.

What?

[image]

That's fantastic.

Someone should really ask Al what he found so threatening about a post about bologna sandwiches to see what excuse he'd give that didn't require him to explain why the rest of the Cubs blogosphere uses "bologna sandwiches" as shorthand for Al being a rube.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2243 on: February 24, 2016, 09:33:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 24, 2016, 11:09:45 AM
Quote from: PANK! on February 24, 2016, 10:49:26 AM
Al sure can read people.

What?

[image]

That's fantastic.

Someone should really ask Al what he found so threatening about a post about bologna sandwiches to see what excuse he'd give that didn't require him to explain why the rest of the Cubs blogosphere uses "bologna sandwiches" as shorthand for Al being a rube.

I would love it so much to read Al's explanation as to why this offends him. Seems like Al has more awareness than zero, which is too bad.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2244 on: September 30, 2016, 08:17:54 AM »
Al has hit the big time.

https://t.co/7pgqci501S

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2245 on: September 30, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 30, 2016, 08:17:54 AM
Al has hit the big time.

https://t.co/7pgqci501S

Deleting this was the wrong strategy, though; it only draws more attention to it, especially considering that Yellon isn't a favorite of many bloggers in the first place thanks to his fandom-on-his-sleeve, often old-school approach.

Out-of-town stupid, but yeah. That's not why.

I'm pretty sure we've all agreed Al is not allowed to enjoy this team due to his past crimes. I'm glad people are still reminding him of that. It's too bad someone didn't send this writer enough of Andy's old Desipio posts to understand the Pollyellon phenomenon.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2246 on: November 23, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
I urge you to go and post a glowing review of that nice Mr. Yellon's (who is incredibly smart and knowledgeable) super book on Amazon.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2247 on: November 23, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 23, 2016, 12:49:58 PM
I urge you to go and post a glowing review of that nice Mr. Yellon's (who is incredibly smart and knowledgeable) super book on Amazon.

Is there any way in Hell the author of this comment is anyone other than Al:
Outstanding! Mr. Yellon is incredibly smart and knowledgeable. You will find few people with a better sense of Cubs history than Al. Highly recommended.

Dude couldn't even think of a fake name, it's just listed under "Amazon Customer!"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2248 on: November 23, 2016, 01:07:22 PM »

Done.

Would do again.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2249 on: November 24, 2016, 10:00:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2016, 01:02:12 PM

Is there any way in Hell the author of this comment is anyone other than Al:
Outstanding! Mr. Yellon is incredibly smart and knowledgeable. You will find few people with a better sense of Cubs history than Al. Highly recommended.

Dude couldn't even think of a fake name, it's just listed under "Amazon Customer!"

I'd bet that's Vlahos.