News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,017 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1230 on: June 02, 2010, 12:35:50 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 02, 2010, 11:42:45 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 02, 2010, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 02, 2010, 11:32:58 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 02, 2010, 11:06:13 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 02, 2010, 11:01:30 AM

Friday night (6/4) SBNation is sponsoring a "Chicago Meet-up" at the Captain Morgan Club at Wrigley Field.

It runs from 7-10 PM.

So you can have the combination of alcohol & Al.

Priorities, Fork.  Something else is going on Friday night.

I'm pretty sure the meet-up is to watch the game.

Bah.  You need to go to the UC, sit in the parking lot with a big screen hooked up to your car's battery and watch the game.

THAT'S WHAT A REAL FAN WOULD DO!!!

Serious question--is the UC housing people to watch the game tonight?  At $5 a pop it'd be a pretty easy money-maker for McDonough, one would think.

Throughout the playoffs, the UC has been open for VIPs and sponsors, with a buffet and skating on the rink.

How soon until the Hawks have to start to forego the warmup because there's sponsors on the ice?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1231 on: June 08, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »
He's Back.

"Several weeks ago I announced that BCB was partnering with the Dempster Family Foundation to raise money for Ryan Dempster's foundation's mission:

to help support children with 22q11.2 Deletion ("22q" and DiGeorge Syndrome)

I wanted to find a way to get more money to the Foundation. So, I have once again partnered with Strange Cargo, the quirky T-shirt store that's only a block or so from Wrigley Field, to sell these shirts and benefit the Foundation. After the jump, there's info on how to order yours."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1232 on: June 08, 2010, 09:21:13 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 08, 2010, 09:18:04 AM
He's Back.

"Several weeks ago I announced that BCB was partnering with the Dempster Family Foundation to raise money for Ryan Dempster's foundation's mission:

I wanted to find a way to get more money to the Foundation. So, I have once again partnered with Strange Cargo, the quirky T-shirt store that's only a block or so from Wrigley Field, to sell these shirts and benefit the Foundation. After the jump, there's info on how to order yours."

Strange Cargo was where we got the BCB Bukkake shirts for Kerm & Dolan. They probably made a consignment deal with Al.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1233 on: June 08, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 08, 2010, 09:21:13 AM
Quote from: BH on June 08, 2010, 09:18:04 AM
He's Back.

Strange Cargo was where we got the BCB Bukkake shirts for Kerm & Dolan. They probably made a consignment deal with Al.

There goes Al's profit margins...

And, $8 from every shirt will be donated to the Dempster Family Foundation. My personal take from this is zero, incidentally. Please order your shirt today and help support this great cause. Thanks, and the Dempster Foundation thanks you too.

QuoteIIRC...

the initial donation going to the Foundation was $1.50 or something like that. Glad to see that you've decided to take the other $6.50 and donate that as well, rather than profiting. And I mean that with all sincerity.

As an aside, to those who haven't been... Strange Cargo is a great, great store.

by kanderber on Jun 8, 2010 8:22 AM CDT reply actions

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1234 on: June 08, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »
So before, when he was making profit on a t-shirt for charity, makes this deed heroic because NOW he's not making any money.

What a fucking hero.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1235 on: June 08, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »

Normally I'd hope Al's balls rot off, but it's moot since he's not using them anyway.
TIME TO POST!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1236 on: June 08, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »
Oh, by the way, none of us who is banned from Bleed Cubbie Blue is banned yet from http://chicago.sbnation.com.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1237 on: June 08, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 08, 2010, 11:05:15 AM
Oh, by the way, none of us who is banned from Bleed Cubbie Blue is banned yet from http://chicago.sbnation.com.

A love letter from Al Yellon to hockey? Fuck. That.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1238 on: June 08, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1239 on: June 08, 2010, 11:17:57 AM »

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1240 on: June 08, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
Holy mother of gord when will this asshat just go away?  What a pile of loose-running stool thart article is.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1241 on: June 08, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 08, 2010, 11:20:16 AM
Holy mother of gord when will this asshat just go away?  What a pile of loose-running stool thart article is.

Would that really form a pile though?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1242 on: June 08, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 08, 2010, 11:20:50 AM
Quote from: MAD on June 08, 2010, 11:20:16 AM

Would that really form a pile though?

There's so much of it....sooooo, I'm gonna go with "yes".
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1243 on: June 08, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 08, 2010, 11:08:34 AM

I just said this all in the shoutbox, but whatever. Leave it to Al, with his vaunted love of "history" and all his diehard Cubbie Blueness, to have to get up on his soapbox to justify his bandwagon fanship of the Black Hawks. You're not that fucking special, Al. I also didn't watch the Hawks because they sucked and their owner was a dickhead. I'm watching now because they're fun to watch and their management actively tries to win. I'm not going to go off and write a long winded emotional screed over how I WAS THE VICTIM during those shitty years. You are what you are, Al. A bandwagon fan. Even in Chicago, home of the BEST FANS EVAR. This guy really fucks it up for people like Fork and CT.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1244 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2010, 11:37:35 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 08, 2010, 11:08:34 AM

I just said this all in the shoutbox, but whatever. Leave it to Al, with his vaunted love of "history" and all his diehard Cubbie Blueness, to have to get up on his soapbox to justify his bandwagon fanship of the Black Hawks. You're not that fucking special, Al. I also didn't watch the Hawks because they sucked and their owner was a dickhead. I'm watching now because they're fun to watch and their management actively tries to win. I'm not going to go off and write a long winded emotional screed over how I WAS THE VICTIM during those shitty years. You are what you are, Al. A bandwagon fan. Even in Chicago, home of the BEST FANS EVAR. This guy really fucks it up for people like Fork and CT.

Al Yellon ain't gonna ruin shit for me.  I read this stupid thing, and it wasn't that Al was driven away by piss poor ownership and management (which explains why he's still a Cubs fan).  He claims that what drove him from hockey was the 1998 US Olympic team trashing their hotel room. 

What's clear from this article is that Al doesn't watch the Hawks and never did.  Unless I'm supposed to believe that this guy who remembers how many runs the Cubs scored in that one inning in which he dropped his tomato on his scorecard doesn't have a single personal memory to relate that couldn't be quickly looked up on Wikipedia.  Hell, the only thing he knows about the current bunch is they all went to Dale Tallon's funeral, and they played a game in Wrigley Field.

Al's not a bandwagon fan.  He's PRETENDING to be a bandwagon fan.  Which is kind of hilarious.