News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,474 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #300 on: October 21, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »
Hurry up and order Rock Band 3 plus the keyboard for $99 at Dell.  Dell's deals never last long.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: October 26, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »
So, how is it?

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: October 27, 2010, 02:22:40 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 26, 2010, 08:29:47 PM
So, how is it?

Badass. Keytar is really fun.  "The Power of Love" indeed.  I think I liked the music selection in RB2 better, but there are so many songs to choose from on the Marketplace, that the soundtrack is hardly something to complain about.  They basically fixed the tiny issues I had with RB2.  A lot of critics are calling it the perfect rhythm game, and I agree right now.

Pro Mode is going to be ridiculously hard.  I tried it (briefly) with the keytar.  Very challenging.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: October 27, 2010, 07:41:35 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on October 27, 2010, 02:22:40 AM
So, how is it?

Badass. Keytar is really fun.  "The Power of Love" indeed.  I think I liked the music selection in RB2 better, but there are so many songs to choose from on the Marketplace, that the soundtrack is hardly something to complain about.  They basically fixed the tiny issues I had with RB2.  A lot of critics are calling it the perfect rhythm game, and I agree right now.

Pro Mode is going to be ridiculously hard.  I tried it (briefly) with the keytar.  Very challenging.

Does your DLC integrate nicely with career mode? Meaning if you have a ton of songs will career mode stay fresh and not consist of playing Today by the Pumpkins three out of five times?

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: October 27, 2010, 10:53:04 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 07:41:35 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on October 27, 2010, 02:22:40 AM
So, how is it?

Does your DLC integrate nicely with career mode? Meaning if you have a ton of songs will career mode stay fresh and not consist of playing Today by the Pumpkins three out of five times?

I haven't played enough to answer yet, but they added a song rating system which allows you to vote down the songs you hate, and they'll get played less.  Vice-versa for songs you like.  Picture Rock Band 2, but significantly improved in nearly every way.  I want to give Pro Drums a shot tonight.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »
Yeah, DLC works itself into what is now the equivalent of career mode.  Basically, career mode is now road challenges where you'll have like 4 or 5 gigs or a few songs each.  For each gig they'll give you 3 choices.  The pre-made on disc songs already selected for you, or two others which for me usually involve DLC.  Might be random songs from rockband 1, 2, lego, greenday, or DLC, your choice from those, or something more specific like 80's, metal, 70's, grunge, etc. 

They keys are fun.  I gotta play em more.  The woman has expectedly taken over playing them whenever we play the game. 

There are still some lame problems like sorting (can't choose common dlc with others online, have to stroll through my whole list to see they have no DLC), stage kit no longer works, can only play 4-7 player with all instruments in "AIM" which makes the vocals not count at all.  Can't just play with the 4 instruments and no vocals without being in "AIM" also, which is just lame.

Oh, and the times I've tried to play online some fuckhole is still always picking Avenged Sevenfold and dropping out when I pick Huey Lewis.