News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 471,660 )

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: Eli on November 05, 2008, 01:34:17 PM
Quote from: GNM on November 05, 2008, 01:26:02 PM
Why is no body running (or, rather, receiving any votes) on the basis of small, constitutionally-controlled government?

Just throwing it out there -- the Constitution is more than 220 years old and was written when the U.S. population was about 3.5 million people.  Also, our largest industry was agriculture or something.  I'm not sure a rigid, unflinching adherence to the Constitution is the best way to run a government.  I think some flexibility is important.

Sorry if that sounds way out-of-line.

If we were going to follow the original Constitution to the letter, then Barack Obama would be three-fifths of a President-Elect this afternoon.

The only Republican PRIMARY candidate with any chance of winning who combined small government philosophies with social conservatism was Fred Thompson, unfortunately he slept through the campaign. I really don't know who the 2012 GOP candidate should be. Palin was made to look like an idiot (She didn't help with the Gibson-Couric interviews) and her issue positions weren't fleshed out all that much. If Romney couldn't get nominated this time I doubt he ever could, while Huckabee is now hosting a show on Fox News. I liked the suggestion made elsewhere on Desipio of Daniels. This all being said, the Republican Party must now return to the small government principles Reagan and George W. Bush (2000 campaign version) ran on.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Isn't marriage, by definition, a personal matter?  I'm not sure the government should have anything to do with it either way.

Oh, yeah? Tell that to the judge who married me.
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Why is no body running (or, rather, receiving any votes) on the basis of small, constitutionally-controlled government?

Just throwing it out there -- the Constitution is more than 220 years old and was written when the U.S. population was about 3.5 million people.  Also, our largest industry was agriculture or something.  I'm not sure a rigid, unflinching adherence to the Constitution is the best way to run a government.  I think some flexibility is important.

Whether or not you or anyone else thinks it's the best way to run a government... the Constitution is the supreme law of the land.  If you think it needs changing, then by all means get it changed.  There's a process for that, and there's a reason they made is difficult to change.  As the old saying goes, this is a nation of laws, not of men.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Oh, Tracy Bingham says let's nip this in the bud keep talking about this, it is important.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/54a90816970255/

To make her be my dumpster. Oh, wait, did I actually say that?
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

De Jesus

• Leftist Scum
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Quote from: BC on November 05, 2008, 01:46:56 PM

If we were going to follow the original Constitution to the letter, then Barack Obama would be three-fifths of a President-Elect this afternoon.

The only Republican PRIMARY candidate with any chance of winning who combined small government philosophies with social conservatism was Fred Thompson, unfortunately he slept through the campaign. I really don't know who the 2012 GOP candidate should be. Palin was made to look like an idiot (She didn't help with the Gibson-Couric interviews) and her issue positions weren't fleshed out all that much. If Romney couldn't get nominated this time I doubt he ever could, while Huckabee is now hosting a show on Fox News. I liked the suggestion made elsewhere on Desipio of Daniels. This all being said, the Republican Party must now return to the small government principles Reagan and George W. Bush (2000 campaign version) ran on.
The same Ronnie Raygun that increased the size of our government (not to mention Bush 2000)?

Every time some Republican leader says that he wants a small government, what he really means is that he wants a bigger one than the Dems, but doesn't want to pay for it.

GNM

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Quote from: Bogs on November 05, 2008, 01:48:38 PM

Whether or not you or anyone else thinks it's the best way to run a government... the Constitution is the supreme law of the land.  If you think it needs changing, then by all means get it changed.  There's a process for that, and there's a reason they made is difficult to change.  As the old saying goes, this is a nation of laws, not of men.

That is why it can be changed to reflect the times.  If you want to start a federal reserve bank, change the constitution to list this as a responsibility of the federal government.  If you want to enact the New Deal or the "Great" Society legislation, change the constitution so providing jobs and social welfare outside the realm of capitalism is within the realm of the federal government's control.  It is 220 years old, but it is an elastic document.  

As for who the Republicans can run, the party is in dire straights because they have left their roots as the party of small government and become the party of the Christian Right.  Instead of a platform based on fiscal responsibility, they now have a "socially conservative" platform based on legislating morality.  I'm sure will see Romney try again in 2012, but watch for someone new, a la Bobby Jindal.

GNM

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Quote from: De Jesus on November 05, 2008, 01:51:10 PM

The same Ronnie Raygun that increased the size of our government (not to mention Bush 2000)?

Every time some Republican leader says that he wants a small government, what he really means is that he wants a bigger one than the Dems, but doesn't want to pay for it.

Reagan increased the size of the government and didn't cut enough social programs to pay for it.  At the time, supply-side economics was all the rage so no one really gave a damn about the national debt.

That being said, there hasn't be a major party candidate who was truly fiscally conservative since Goldwater.  A fiscally responsible president would have to be before FDR, I think.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: GNM on November 05, 2008, 01:54:29 PM

That is why it can be changed to reflect the times.  If you want to start a federal reserve bank, change the constitution to list this as a responsibility of the federal government.  If you want to enact the New Deal or the "Great" Society legislation, change the constitution so providing jobs and social welfare outside the realm of capitalism is within the realm of the federal government's control.  It is 220 years old, but it is an elastic document.  

As for who the Republicans can run, the party is in dire straights because they have left their roots as the party of small government and become the party of the Christian Right.  Instead of a platform based on fiscal responsibility, they now have a "socially conservative" platform based on legislating morality.  I'm sure will see Romney try again in 2012, but watch for someone new, a la Bobby Jindal.

This.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Bogs on November 05, 2008, 01:56:41 PM

This.

Does this mean exorcisms will be covered under Medicare?
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: De Jesus on November 05, 2008, 01:51:10 PM

Reagan never had a Republican Congress with him and (rightly) wanted to spend on the military to force the Soviets to outspend their means. The Democrats in Congress controlled the spending and he took the bullet on spending in order to defeat the Soviet Union. It is true that doesn't necessarily equal small government, but the situation would've been different if he had ever received a GOP Congress to work with him. The one unfortunate part of the Reagan years is that his coattails never were big enough to get a Congress that would have helped him cut domestic spending.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 05, 2008, 01:59:19 PM

This.

Why must you always resort to douchebaggery?

Jindal 2012!
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on November 05, 2008, 02:06:30 PM

This.

Why must you always resort to douchebaggery?

Jindal 2012!

He doesn't stand a chance against the Illinois Gunderson machine.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
You motherfuckers made this thread unreadable.  Fuck.  Go read my booblie one at least and don't fuck it up.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

De Jesus

• Leftist Scum
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on November 05, 2008, 02:06:30 PM

This.

Why must you Bobby Jindal always resort to douchebaggery believing strongly in hocus-pocus?

Jindal Beezulbub 2012!
God Warrior'd

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Thrillho on November 05, 2008, 01:45:58 PM
Swingers in the White House?

Now, that's liberal.

To respond to myself, my real question is: just what exactly is Barack's right hand up to in this pic?

Dude's apparently a born multitasker.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!