News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 471,485 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/03/05/gupta_steps_aside.html?hpid=topnews

We know that Obama's not Jesus.  Jesus knew how to assemble a cabinet.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on March 05, 2009, 05:08:12 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/03/05/gupta_steps_aside.html?hpid=topnews

We know that Obama's not Jesus.  Jesus knew how to assemble a cabinet.

ORLY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGQRBkv4di8

QuoteHi! As I'm sure you're all aware, there's a movement amongst archaeologists to attempt to reconcile the Biblical account of history with the archaeological record. Now, I'm an intellectually curious young man with, let's face it, no real job. So, I've done some exploring of my own in this vain. The Bible tells us that Christ was trained as a carpenter. But in my most recent digs, I've found artifacts that show He was not a very good carpenter.

This chair, for example. One of the legs is significantly shorter than the other. This causes a certain degree of wobbling and a more subtle defect, no lower back support. Over here we have a table. Now this table has only two legs. Now, I've conferred with many leading contemporary carpenters and they all agree that three is the bare minimum required for stability. Observe. [lets go of table and it falls down]. Even taking into account the primitive times, this portrays a shocking lack of craftsmanship. Now over here we have this, and frankly, I have no idea what this is. For a while I thought it might be a spice rack of some sort. But watch. If I take this jar of crushed cumin seed and place it here... [jar rolls off onto the floor] Clearly, if it is a spice rack, it is not a spice rack of the best ilk.

Conclusions: Yes, Christ was a great philosophical and religious leader; perhaps, even as some maintain, the Savior or Messiah. But it seems clear that He had few career options. As a carpenter, He was incompetent. He would've been unable even to construct the simple crucifix upon which ultimately He met his martyrdom. Now, I know that these views are going to be controversial. But I am also aware that if Christina Applegate were to express them wearing a halter top, you'd eat it up. Thanks!
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Thrill's satirical refutation notwithstanding, that's the funniest line morpheus has ever uttered here.  Well played.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Interesting viewpoint at Salon about Obama's "timid liberalism."  I'm sure he's plenty liberal for morph and TJ, but apparently not so for the author.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/03/06/neoliberalism/index.html

QuoteNeoliberals are liberals in one sense -- they fret about unequal outcomes. But rather than help middle- and low-income Americans by regulating the prices of privately provided public goods, as the crude and direct New Dealers would have done, neoliberal Democrats have argued for allowing the "market" (translation: the publicly subsidized entities) to set prices and then promised to provide tax subsidies or grants to help middle- and low-income Americans pay for the expensive, privately provided public goods.

QuoteYou might have thought that the Crash of 2008 would have led Democrats to reconsider this neoliberal approach to providing public goods by private means. But to judge from President Obama's budget, the White House is still living back in the neoliberal era, when the diminutive Milton Friedman cast a giant shadow.

QuoteConsider Obama's education proposals. The problem with higher education is that it costs way too much. Tuition costs at private universities and some state universities have been growing far more rapidly than inflation. A crude, old-fashioned, old-thinking New Deal liberal would see the problem as one of excessive prices demanded by universities, not insufficient funds on the part of the students whom the universities gouge. ...

The neoliberal alternative is to avoid impolite and divisive inquiries into the reasons for skyrocketing tuition costs. That would entail the government concluding that prices in a particular industry (in this case, a nonprofit industry) are too high, something that government should not do. Instead, the taxpayer will be forced to cough up money to help students meet the exorbitant fees. Thus Obama's first budget calls for maintaining the $2,500 New American Opportunity Tax Credit for middle-class students, while converting Pell Grants up to $5,550 into a permanent government entitlement. If I were a university, I'd raise my tuition by ... oh ... let's say $5,550 a year. Government subsidies without government price controls would encourage cost inflation, one might think, but this possibility appears not to bother the brilliant economists on Obama's team.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on March 06, 2009, 07:48:36 AM
Interesting viewpoint at Salon about Obama's "timid liberalism."  I'm sure he's plenty liberal for morph and TJ, but apparently not so for the author.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/03/06/neoliberalism/index.html

QuoteNeoliberals are liberals in one sense -- they fret about unequal outcomes. But rather than help middle- and low-income Americans by regulating the prices of privately provided public goods, as the crude and direct New Dealers would have done, neoliberal Democrats have argued for allowing the "market" (translation: the publicly subsidized entities) to set prices and then promised to provide tax subsidies or grants to help middle- and low-income Americans pay for the expensive, privately provided public goods.

QuoteYou might have thought that the Crash of 2008 would have led Democrats to reconsider this neoliberal approach to providing public goods by private means. But to judge from President Obama's budget, the White House is still living back in the neoliberal era, when the diminutive Milton Friedman cast a giant shadow.

QuoteConsider Obama's education proposals. The problem with higher education is that it costs way too much. Tuition costs at private universities and some state universities have been growing far more rapidly than inflation. A crude, old-fashioned, old-thinking New Deal liberal would see the problem as one of excessive prices demanded by universities, not insufficient funds on the part of the students whom the universities gouge. ...

The neoliberal alternative is to avoid impolite and divisive inquiries into the reasons for skyrocketing tuition costs. That would entail the government concluding that prices in a particular industry (in this case, a nonprofit industry) are too high, something that government should not do. Instead, the taxpayer will be forced to cough up money to help students meet the exorbitant fees. Thus Obama's first budget calls for maintaining the $2,500 New American Opportunity Tax Credit for middle-class students, while converting Pell Grants up to $5,550 into a permanent government entitlement. If I were a university, I'd raise my tuition by ... oh ... let's say $5,550 a year. Government subsidies without government price controls would encourage cost inflation, one might think, but this possibility appears not to bother the brilliant economists on Obama's team.

I don't know how much more correct the author could be; the primary driver of college inflation has been the federal government.  The question of price controls is something different entirely.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Herein lies the biggest problem with the American economy. One side is always in favor of regulation. The other side wants regulation, but they want to do it gently.

So we're stuck in a vicious cycle where one side continues to preach tax cuts, even though the bulwark of the economy (the midle class) may have already snapped. The other side insists on throwing money at the problem.

There is currently nobody in Washington who is hitting the problem at the head, they're all swinging at its tail.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
It's WAR under the GOP big tent...

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=151455

QuoteMILWAUKEE—Attendees at a gathering of activists today enthusiastically embraced calls to stick to long-time conservative principles and grassroots action in an effort to win back the Congress and White House from Democrats

That sentiment was expressed most bluntly by Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, also known as "Joe the Plumber." He called on conservatives to be persistent and warned of a "long road ahead" with four years of Obama and a Republican Party that he said lacks leadership and direction.

"Unfortunately we have a chairman up there who wants to redefine conservatism; he wants to make it hip hop, put it in a new package and sell it," Wurzelbacher said, knocking Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele, whose recent statements, including a dismissive comment about talk show host Rush Limbaugh that he's since apologized for, have drawn the ire of some conservatives.

"You can't sell principles; either you have them or you don't," Wurzelbacher said to applause from most of the 800 in attendance.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on March 09, 2009, 08:52:38 PM

QuoteMILWAUKEE—Attendees at a gathering of activists today enthusiastically embraced calls to stick to long-time conservative principles and grassroots action in an effort to win back the Congress and White House from Democrats

That sentiment was expressed most bluntly by Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, also known as "Joe the Plumber." He called on conservatives to be persistent and warned of a "long road ahead" with four years of Obama and a Republican Party that he said lacks leadership and direction.

"Unfortunately we have a chairman up there who wants to redefine conservatism; he wants to make it hip hop, put it in a new package and sell it," Wurzelbacher said, knocking Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele, whose recent statements, including a dismissive comment about talk show host Rush Limbaugh that he's since apologized for, have drawn the ire of some conservatives.

"You can't sell principles; either you have them or you don't," Wurzelbacher said to applause from most of the 800 in attendance.

Bigger crowd than at his book signings:

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Slakee on March 09, 2009, 08:57:38 PM

Bigger crowd than at his book signings:

Is it a pop-up book?

Seriously, this "Joe the Plumber" phenomenon would at least be somewhat more palatable had Joe been a woman, and somewhat attractive, like other insta-D-list-celebrities.

Such as this woman:   Or this woman:

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten called on that sounding slightly racist in context. Wait. No. I'm not surprised at all.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Jon on March 09, 2009, 09:30:14 PM

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten called on that sounding slightly racist in context. Wait. No. I'm not surprised at all.

Racism died.  Check your November 2008 memos.  D'uh.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

I'm surprised he just didn't just use the term "blickety blackness".
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on March 09, 2009, 10:37:05 PM

I'm surprised he just didn't just use the term "blickety blackness".

Steele wants conservatism to sit on some 22 Spreewells!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

It's awful what the media did to him during the election. Innocent bystander.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on March 10, 2009, 08:41:53 AM

It's awful what the media, in conjunction with Obama's thugs did to him during the election. Innocent bystander.

GOP playbook'd.
Eli G. (6-22-10)