News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 471,575 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 17, 2009, 01:33:24 PM
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on March 17, 2009, 01:12:36 PM
How hard is it to type a fucking coherent sentence?  I'll never understand the need to skip letter in an effort to save 8 seconds.  If your time is that fucking important, don't write it.

8 seconds per keystroke?

With his tongue sticking out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD.

Barry makes a retard joke. Cool when you're with buddies, not so much when you're President.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on March 20, 2009, 07:41:24 AM
DPD.

Barry makes a retard joke. Cool when you're with buddies, not so much when you're President.

I saw him bowl and it was retarded.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on March 20, 2009, 08:27:35 AM
DPD.

Him being on Leno is retarded.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 20, 2009, 08:31:16 AM
DPD.

I think that is the first time we've agreed in this thread.  See?  Obama's bringing us together.

Did Obama fall short on the "lame" vote, cause only lamos watch Jay Leno.  At least go on Letterman.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD.

Leno is retarded.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: BH on March 20, 2009, 08:37:47 AM
DPD.

Leno is retarded.

Barack is retarded

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on March 20, 2009, 08:32:50 AM
DPD.

I think that is the first time we've agreed in this thread.  See?  Obama's bringing us together.

Did Obama fall short on the "lame" vote, cause only lamos watch Jay Leno.  At least go on Letterman.

I feel compelled to shirtless manhug you, now.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE52I7WN20090319

QuoteThe U.S. Senate on Thursday confirmed Elena Kagan, a former law school colleague of President Barack Obama, as U.S. solicitor general -- a post that will have her argue the government's position in cases before the U.S. Supreme Court

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Kagan

QuoteOn January 5, 2009, President-elect Barack Obama announced he would nominate Kagan to be Solicitor General.[5] Before this appointment she had limited courtroom experience (she has never argued a case at trial)[6] and has not argued before the Supreme Court of the United States. However, Walter Dellinger, a top Supreme Court practitioner, stated that would not be a hindrance. "She is a first-rate legal scholar, but she brings much more than that," Dellinger said. "She knows government, and she knows how to run institutions.[7]

So, the person who will be arguing cases for the government in court has no experience in arguing cases in court.  I put it to teh lawyers here, is this something regularly done, or even a big deal?  I don't know enough about courtroom workings to know the answer.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on March 20, 2009, 11:31:19 AM
So, the person who will be arguing cases for the government in court has no experience in arguing cases in court.  I put it to teh lawyers here, is this something regularly done, or even a big deal?  I don't know enough about courtroom workings to know the answer.

Que Fork for a Night Court joke.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club

QuoteThe U.S. Senate on Thursday confirmed Elena Kagan, a former law school colleague of President Barack Obama, as U.S. solicitor general -- a post that will have her argue the government's position in cases before the U.S. Supreme Court

QuoteOn January 5, 2009, President-elect Barack Obama announced he would nominate Kagan to be Solicitor General.[5] Before this appointment she had limited courtroom experience (she has never argued a case at trial)[6] and has not argued before the Supreme Court of the United States. However, Walter Dellinger, a top Supreme Court practitioner, stated that would not be a hindrance. "She is a first-rate legal scholar, but she brings much more than that," Dellinger said. "She knows government, and she knows how to run institutions.[7]

This is a bit of a problem.  The SG has deputies, but still, you want the best trial lawyer in the number one trial lawyer's job.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 20, 2009, 12:07:20 PM

This is a bit of a problem.  The SG has deputies, but still, you want the best trial lawyer in the number one trial lawyer's job.

Its not a trial lawyer's job, its an appelate lawyers job (the skills are different).  I believe she received recommendations from the last 6 or 8 Solicitor Generals, so I don't think its a big deal.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Special Olympics bowler: I can beat the president! 

Mar 20 01:59 PM US/Eastern

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - The top bowler for the Special Olympics looks forward to meeting President Barack Obama in an alley.
"He bowled a 129. I bowl a 300. I could beat that score easily," Michigan's Kolan McConiughey (KO-lahn Mc-KAHNA-he) told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.

The athletic-minded president made an offhand remark Thursday on "The Tonight Show" comparing his weak bowling to "the Special Olympics or something." He quickly apologized and told the Special Olympics chairman he wants to have some of its athletes visit the White House to bowl or play basketball.

McConiughey, who is mentally disabled, is just the bowler for the job. He's bowled five perfect games since 2005.

The 35-year-old McConiughey has been bowling since he was 8 or 9. His advice for Obama? Practice every day.

"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on March 20, 2009, 12:24:52 PM

Its not a trial lawyer's job, its an appelate lawyers job (the skills are different).  I believe she received recommendations from the last 6 or 8 Solicitor Generals, so I don't think its a big deal.

I should have said "practicing attorney," but you are of course correct.  Doesn't the SG also have to wear morning dress when arguing before SCOTUS?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 20, 2009, 01:46:21 PM
Quote from: thehawk on March 20, 2009, 12:24:52 PM

I should have said "practicing attorney," but you are of course correct.  Doesn't the SG also have to wear morning dress when arguing before SCOTUS?

And you have to bring soda for Clarence Thomas.
TIME TO POST!