News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay  ( 7,855 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:40 AM »
Alright you knuckleheads, take off your headsets, pull your pants up, finish your YooHoo, and haul your sorry asses up the stairs from Mom's Basement to mom's living room. Settle down in dad's recliner, put on your smoking jacket, light up a pipe, and do some book-learning. It's about WWII, comic books, and escape artists, and it is outstanding.

And if that isn't enough for you, there's some ghey stuff too. So read it, ya homos.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:05:10 PM »
Quote from: RV on December 29, 2008, 10:36:40 AM
Alright you knuckleheads, take off your headsets, pull your pants up, finish your YooHoo, and haul your sorry asses up the stairs from Mom's Basement to mom's living room. Settle down in dad's recliner, put on your smoking jacket, light up a pipe, and do some book-learning. It's about WWII, comic books, and escape artists, and it is outstanding.

And if that isn't enough for you, there's some ghey stuff too. So read it, ya homos.

Me and my girlfriend she's canadian we met at niagara falls you wouldn't know her read this to each other on a road trip in 2004.  I thought it was fascinatingly written, with incredible detail and depth.  She thought it was boring and misogynistic.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:12:35 PM »
Quote from: DwightKurtz on December 29, 2008, 05:05:10 PM

Me and my girlfriend she's canadian we met at niagara falls you wouldn't know her read this to each other on a road trip in 2004.  I thought it was fascinatingly written, with incredible detail and depth.  She thought it was boring and misogynistic.

Did you do the voices?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »
Quote from: butthead on December 29, 2008, 07:12:35 PM

Did you do the voices?

He made finger puppets of all the characters.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 29, 2008, 07:24:56 PM

Did you do the voices?

It's not cool to taunt anyone so crazy that even his fake girlfriend doesn't enjoy spending time with him.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »

I'm not sure I understand. You read it out loud to each other? Like reading a kid a bedtime story? You Canadians are a strange breed.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 09:29:53 PM »
Quote from: RV on December 29, 2008, 09:23:35 PM

I'm not sure I understand. You read it out loud to each other? Like reading a kid a bedtime story? You Canadians are a strange breed.

You've never gone on a long road trip with somebody and read out loud to that person while he/she was driving, and vice versa?

Granted, we have since then bought iPods, adapters, and found places to get audio books, but back in aught three and aught four, we read all sorts of books to each other while traveling from Toronto to B.C. and back again, and then the next year to Newfoundland and back again.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »
Quote from: Pre on December 29, 2008, 07:50:43 PM
Quote from: Fork on December 29, 2008, 07:24:56 PM

Did you do the voices?

It's not cool to taunt anyone so crazy that even his fake girlfriend doesn't enjoy spending time with him.

Alas, a handful of Desipiots have met her.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 09:02:11 AM »

You're a fucking weird, dorky fuck.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 04, 2010, 09:02:11 AM

Wait -  you don't read out loud to people on road trips? I thought everybody did that.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »

Wait.  Did Dubszilla just knock over this 6 week-old thread to bully Kurt?

Desipio does get slow in February.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »

You've never read a poetry book out loud to your special lady friend, only for a homeless ex-gym teacher to steal it, resulting in a hard-nosed library cop hunting you down years later?
M'lady.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 02:53:10 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 06, 2010, 11:24:19 AM

You've never read a poetry book controversial novel out loud to your special lady friend, only for a now-homeless ex-gym teacher to steal it, resulting in a hard-nosed library cop hunting you down years later?

Cantstandya'd
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 04, 2010, 11:34:54 AM

Wait.  Did Dubszilla just knock over this 6 week-old thread to bully Kurt?

Desipio does get slow in February.

Check the date -- it's from December 2008.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »

Did you do the voices?

That reminds me of a story. My college girlfriend and I also tried this gambit on a road trip, but with Cosmicomics and Pleasures: Women Write Erotica. The Calvino was hopeless, but if you do the voices, this batch of putative erotica can be uproariously funny.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!