News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Arrested Development  ( 44,750 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Arrested Development
« on: February 15, 2005, 02:04:32 PM »
If you don't hear from me for a few days, it's because I just bought the Arrested Development DVDs of the first season.

Oh, how I love this show.  Can't wait to relive the first season.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I missed a few early ones along the way.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Arrested Development
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 02:46:20 PM »
I got it for Christmas- i've already watched each one twice.  The extended pilot is pretty good, with some unbleeped swears that catch you offguard at first.

Also, am I the only one worried about what the Martin Short character will do to the show if he stays on for an extended amount of time?  They've taken some bigger names before (Liza, Elaine Benes) and have worked them in well.  It appears to me that Short's "Jack Dorso" is a little too over the top and creepy to fit in with the show's understated wit.

"Oh Tobias, you blow hard!"

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 02:49:13 PM »
"Arrested Development" has done the unthinkable for me.

It's made me not hate Jason Bateman.  In fact, I find him downright likeable.

What a good show.
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 03:07:20 PM »
Yeah I picked up the DVD's a while back and have watched them a bunch of times.

I really think Arrested Development might be the best show on television right now.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 04:28:52 PM »
It also might be on it's last legs. It's production schedule I heard was cut from 22 episodes to like 16. Which is a pre-cursor to being canceled.

The reason's being that it is supposedly a hard show to sit down for 1 episode and understand what is going on. You need a few to get in the flow. And that it suffers from no lead in show that really compares with it. Like that has stopped Fox before, by putting trading spouses in front of "24", lol. 
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 07:48:16 PM »
Disc 3, choose deleted scenes, select any episode, arrow over right to David Cross and hit enter.  You won't be sorry.  Or maybe you will.

forklift

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 07:17:25 AM »

Brilliant show. Love Ron Howard's narration...there was one episode where they even worked in an "Opie" joke...

Clark and Addison

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 08:34:01 PM »
I simply cannot get enough of Buster Bluth!

It is horrible that this show is on life support.
AC026198 and counting...

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 09:14:12 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on February 15, 2005, 04:28:52 PM
It also might be on it's last legs. It's production schedule I heard was cut from 22 episodes to like 16. Which is a pre-cursor to being canceled.

The reason's being that it is supposedly a hard show to sit down for 1 episode and understand what is going on. You need a few to get in the flow. And that it suffers from no lead in show that really compares with it. Like that has stopped Fox before, by putting trading spouses in front of "24", lol. 

I think I heard something a little different.  I heard it was getting scaled down to 16 episodes to make room for American Dad.  Then again, it wouldn't suprise me to see Fox cancel a good show *cough* Family Guy *cough*

forklift

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 11:07:45 PM »
Quote from: MrSpeed on February 17, 2005, 09:14:12 PM
Quote from: MikeC on February 15, 2005, 04:28:52 PM

I think I heard something a little different.  I heard it was getting scaled down to 16 episodes to make room for American Dad.  Then again, it wouldn't suprise me to see Fox cancel a good show *cough* Family Guy *cough*

Winning the "Best Comedy" Emmy is all that saved this show's ass last year...

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 01:50:38 PM »
If Fox is dumb enough to cancel "Arrested Development" (the only funny non-cartoon they have left), you would think NBC would pick it up.  They need good shows.  Maybe they can make it Law and Order: San Quentin?

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 02:14:19 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 21, 2005, 01:50:38 PM
If Fox is dumb enough to cancel "Arrested Development" (the only funny non-cartoon they have left), you would think NBC would pick it up.  They need good shows.  Maybe they can make it Law and Order: San Quentin?

Fox will cancel it, and replace it with a 4th night of American Idol.  Stupid bastards.  I'm still bitter that they took "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" off the air.  Pair that up with Arrested Development and you'd have the funniest hour of TV ever.
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 02:41:02 PM »
I thought "Greg The Bunny" was the goods.
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 08:29:30 PM »
I loved the shot Arrested Development took at Fox this week.  That was classic.

forklift

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 09:00:47 PM »
Quote from: MrSpeed on March 27, 2005, 08:29:30 PM
I loved the shot Arrested Development took at Fox this week.  That was classic.

Which one? They've taken so many...

My favorite was Tobais' "DRHOUSE" license plate...