News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Arrested Development  ( 44,736 )

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Arrested Development
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 11:01:38 PM »
Michael was talking on the phone to another company about how they contracted for 22 houses and now they only want them to build 18. 

forklift

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 12:17:34 AM »
Quote from: MrSpeed on March 27, 2005, 11:01:38 PM
Michael was talking on the phone to another company about how they contracted for 22 houses and now they only want them to build 18. 

This show is the most clever show on TV...I loved a couple weeks ago, when Henry Winkler jumped a shark...the second direct reference to his Fonzie days...the first was him stopping himself from combing his hair in a men's room...

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 09:17:30 AM »
Fellow NIU alum Dan Castellanetta played the "good doctor" last night.  When he explained to Michael that his appendectomy went well but there was an infection he quietly said "D'oh."

Dan just happens to be the voice of Homer Simpson.

I just finished watching the DVDs from the first season, and the show is actually funnier the second time you see the episodes because they have so many hidden jokes and so many jokes that are only funny after you know what's going to happen.

For example in the current season, it starts with Buster being distraught that Lucille One has thrown out his "hand" chair, and he goes on and on after he gets it back about how much he'd hate to lose his "hand."

In the same show, a Fox News update in the background of a scene has the announcer reading about a "seal attack".  It means nothing...until three shows later when Buster's taking his first ever swim in the ocean (fully clothed) and has his hand eaten by a seal.  Which just happens to be wearing a bow tie...just like the one Gob kicked out of his act and threw into the ocean.

Just a great show.

forklift

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 04:18:40 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 28, 2005, 09:17:30 AM
Fellow NIU alum Dan Castellanetta played the "good doctor" last night.  When he explained to Michael that his appendectomy went well but there was an infection he quietly said "D'oh."

Dan just happens to be the voice of Homer Simpson.

I just finished watching the DVDs from the first season, and the show is actually funnier the second time you see the episodes because they have so many hidden jokes and so many jokes that are only funny after you know what's going to happen.

For example in the current season, it starts with Buster being distraught that Lucille One has thrown out his "hand" chair, and he goes on and on after he gets it back about how much he'd hate to lose his "hand."

In the same show, a Fox News update in the background of a scene has the announcer reading about a "seal attack".  It means nothing...until three shows later when Buster's taking his first ever swim in the ocean (fully clothed) and has his hand eaten by a seal.  Which just happens to be wearing a bow tie...just like the one Gob kicked out of his act and threw into the ocean.

Just a great show.

Not to mention, it was a loose seal...

rrdego

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 02:11:38 PM »
OK, I have to admit, I have not seen even one eposode of AD.  So after reading this line of
posts as well as seeing that the program manages to find it's way into other subjects, I decided
to rent the season.  Went to my local blockbuster got the first volume of the first season and went
home.  However, when I got there, I noticed that the discs for the third volume are in the case.

Can I start in the middle, or do I need to start at the beginning?

Thatnk for the upcoming input.....

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 02:27:18 PM »
Quote from: rrdego on March 30, 2005, 02:11:38 PM
OK, I have to admit, I have not seen even one eposode of AD.  So after reading this line of
posts as well as seeing that the program manages to find it's way into other subjects, I decided
to rent the season.  Went to my local blockbuster got the first volume of the first season and went
home.  However, when I got there, I noticed that the discs for the third volume are in the case.

Can I start in the middle, or do I need to start at the beginning?

Thatnk for the upcoming input.....

I'd go back and start with season one.  The shows are funny on their own, but are even more hilarious when watched in the context of the overall story arc.
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 03:53:24 PM »
Watch them in order.  Every show is funny on its own, but it's funnier when you realize how many "extra" jokes are built up from previous references.

By the way, I don't want Morgan Freeman to narrate my life anymore, I want Opie Cunningham.

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 06:13:55 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 30, 2005, 03:53:24 PM

By the way, I don't want Morgan Freeman to narrate my life anymore, I want Opie Cunningham.

I want Albert Brooks.

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 07:58:36 AM »
Quote from: Andy on March 30, 2005, 03:53:24 PM

Sit on it, bucko!

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Final Arrested Development (ever?) Sunday.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
Awww crap.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/cst-ftr-arrested15.html

#317 on the list of things that embarass me as an American:  More people watch "Cops" than "AD"
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 03:13:25 PM »
He points out that the end of Sunday's show could be sad because it has coming attractions for a show we might never see.

The "on the next Arrested Developments" hardly ever happen anyway.

Here's hoping that if AD gets axed HBO scoops it up.

forklift

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 06:17:33 PM »
Quote from: Andy on April 15, 2005, 03:13:25 PM
He points out that the end of Sunday's show could be sad because it has coming attractions for a show we might never see.

The "on the next Arrested Developments" hardly ever happen anyway.

Here's hoping that if AD gets axed HBO scoops it up.

My wife works in advertising, and the Network group is operating under the assumption that it WILL be renewed, if only because it figures to get at least 5 Emmy nominations...

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 08:57:58 AM »
At the end of last night's epsiode they finished with, "On the next season of Arrested Development..." and then showed some previews.

This would have been big news, except on the DVDs of Season One, Mitch Hurwitz says that they did that at the end of season one and had no idea if there really was going to be a season two.

According to the message board at www.fox.com/arresteddev May 19 is decision day as to the renewal of our favorite show.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 09:20:43 AM »
Quote from: Andy on April 18, 2005, 08:57:58 AM
At the end of last night's epsiode they finished with, "On the next season of Arrested Development..." and then showed some previews.

This would have been big news, except on the DVDs of Season One, Mitch Hurwitz says that they did that at the end of season one and had no idea if there really was going to be a season two.

According to the message board at www.fox.com/arresteddev May 19 is decision day as to the renewal of our favorite show.

Either way, we'll all be "crying like a bunch of little girls."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 01:29:47 PM »
Actually you're the only one who's crying, but I did enjoy the music.