News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 98,835 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2016, 06:59:56 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 05:02:55 PM
Actually when I went with Fork, CT and Bad Kermit (unwittingly witnessing the birth of Hockeenight) some of the group brought in Quizno's to the park but I abstained.

Quizno's is fucking terrible.

I agree with Pen although I wonder if he's maybe just pissed that he's not getting to work on the rebrand.

http://www.nacsonline.com/news/daily/pages/nd1208156.aspx#.VoxnbPkrLZ4

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2016, 07:51:06 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: R-V on January 05, 2016, 04:58:41 PM
Let's get down to brass tacks: Huey, have you ever brought an outside burger into Wrigley Field?

Burger?  No.

Taco Bell, Bacci and the burrito joint under the tracks?  Yes.  Probably McDonalds at 1 time as well, so maybe a burger.

El Burrito Mexicano. Makers of one of the best burritos I've ever had, although a Toronto joint called Fat Bastard Burritos has supplanted them as my favorite.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2016, 08:56:33 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 05, 2016, 06:59:56 PM
Actually when I went with Fork, CT and Bad Kermit (unwittingly witnessing the birth of Hockeenight) some of the group brought in Quizno's to the park but I abstained.

I agree with Pen although I wonder if he's maybe just pissed that he's not getting to work on the rebrand.

Humorously enough, we actually do a ton of work in this space, but I imagine our current rebranding efforts with Schlotskys would be/was too much of a conflict of interest in the Quizno's RFP, Colorado connection aside.

Spoiler Alert: Schlotzkys will still suck after we're done.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2016, 09:15:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 08:56:33 PM

Humorously enough, we actually do a ton of work in this space, but I imagine our current rebranding efforts with Schlotskys would be/was too much of a conflict of interest in the Quizno's RFP, Colorado connection aside.

True story: I assumed Schlotzky's went out of business years ago. This is as weird as finding out there are still extant Fazoli's.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2016, 12:20:48 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 05, 2016, 07:51:06 PM
Let's get down to brass tacks: Huey, have you ever brought an outside burger into Wrigley Field?

Burger?  No.

Taco Bell, Bacci and the burrito joint under the tracks?  Yes.  Probably McDonalds at 1 time as well, so maybe a burger.

El Burrito Mexicano. Makers of one of the best burritos I've ever had, although a Toronto joint called Fat Bastard Burritos has supplanted them as my favorite.

Then you clearly wouldn't know decent Mexican food if I smacked you round the head with it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2016, 01:24:10 AM »

(prints out and mails to CEO)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2016, 05:56:53 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 06, 2016, 01:24:10 AM

(prints out and mails to CEO)

Shut up Paul, you're a douche.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2016, 07:53:13 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 05, 2016, 09:15:10 PM

True story: I assumed Schlotzky's went out of business years ago. This is as weird as finding out there are still extant Fazoli's.

I remember stepping into a Shakey's Pizza in Dubuque, IA in 1996 thinking I had walked into a time machine to suburban Chicago, 1976 so I know that feeling.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2016, 08:00:07 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 05, 2016, 12:35:19 PM
There are a few really well-loved burger places in Toronto. Probably the hippest is the Burger's Priest, which offers a tasty, local-grown beef served on fresh buns. It's so well-loved that it's spawned several successful knock-offs, including Holy Chuck's. Still, for my dollar, the best burger place is Five Guys. Chain or no chain, I can't get enough of their burgers.

You guys are all missing the point: Burger's Priest is fucking awesome. Way better than Five Guys.

If you're ever in Toronto go there for sure and get the Pope, jarge style. That thing in between the burgers is a portabello mushroom covered in cheese and deep fried.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 06, 2016, 08:00:07 AM
There are a few really well-loved burger places in Toronto. Probably the hippest is the Burger's Priest, which offers a tasty, local-grown beef served on fresh buns. It's so well-loved that it's spawned several successful knock-offs, including Holy Chuck's. Still, for my dollar, the best burger place is Five Guys. Chain or no chain, I can't get enough of their burgers.

You guys are all missing the point: Burger's Priest is fucking awesome. Way better than Five Guys.

If you're ever in Toronto go there for sure and get the Pope, jarge style. That thing in between the burgers is a portabello mushroom covered in cheese and deep fried.

We have a place in Des Moines called Zombie Burger that's very good. I usually get the boomstick, pictured below. The thing on top of the burgers is a deep fried croquette filled with chili. It's amazing.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
DPD, their most famous burger is probably the Walking Chedd, which is a cheeseburger topped with mac and cheese with a bun that is actually just two things of fried mac and cheese:
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: January 06, 2016, 08:23:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2016, 08:04:00 AM

We have a place in Des Moines called Zombie Burger that's very good. I usually get the boomstick, pictured below. The thing on top of the burgers is a deep fried croquette filled with chili. It's amazing.

Jebus.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2016, 09:04:54 AM »
How in the fuck are any of you guys still alive?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2016, 10:28:55 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 06, 2016, 12:20:48 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 05, 2016, 07:51:06 PM

Burger?  No.

Then you clearly wouldn't know decent Mexican food if I smacked you round the head with it.

I think it's more a statement of how difficult it is to get a good burrito. But when did you have a Fat Bastard's Burrito?
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »

I've been to Burger's Priest on multiple occasions. It's true that nothing may compare to the Pope, but that's also a burger I'd never order. My arteries got hard just looking at the picture. I also felt that BP was skimpy on the sides (such as bacon, which cost quite a bit extra to procure and was only one small slice).
M'lady.