News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 98,836 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #435 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:32 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 06, 2016, 10:28:55 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 06, 2016, 12:20:48 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 05, 2016, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: R-V on January 05, 2016, 04:58:41 PM
Let's get down to brass tacks: Huey, have you ever brought an outside burger into Wrigley Field?

Burger?  No.

Taco Bell, Bacci and the burrito joint under the tracks?  Yes.  Probably McDonalds at 1 time as well, so maybe a burger.

El Burrito Mexicano. Makers of one of the best burritos I've ever had, although a Toronto joint called Fat Bastard Burritos has supplanted them as my favorite.

Then you clearly wouldn't know decent Mexican food if I smacked you round the head with it.

I think it's more a statement of how difficult it is to get a good burrito. But when did you have a Fat Bastard's Burrito?

I didn't say I had.  You said El Burrito Mexicano was one of the best you've ever had, though, and I've had that one.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 06, 2016, 10:44:32 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 06, 2016, 10:28:55 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 06, 2016, 12:20:48 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 05, 2016, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 05, 2016, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: R-V on January 05, 2016, 04:58:41 PM
Let's get down to brass tacks: Huey, have you ever brought an outside burger into Wrigley Field?

Burger?  No.

Taco Bell, Bacci and the burrito joint under the tracks?  Yes.  Probably McDonalds at 1 time as well, so maybe a burger.

El Burrito Mexicano. Makers of one of the best burritos I've ever had, although a Toronto joint called Fat Bastard Burritos has supplanted them as my favorite.

Then you clearly wouldn't know decent Mexican food if I smacked you round the head with it.

I think it's more a statement of how difficult it is to get a good burrito. But when did you have a Fat Bastard's Burrito?

I didn't say I had.  You said El Burrito Mexicano was one of the best you've ever had, though, and I've had that one.

It's a solid effort, but I wouldn't get one if I wasn't going to a ballgame.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: January 07, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2016, 08:04:44 AM
DPD, their most famous burger is probably the Walking Chedd, which is a cheeseburger topped with mac and cheese with a bun that is actually just two things of fried mac and cheese:

To both of your photos: wow

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: January 07, 2016, 12:47:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 07, 2016, 12:44:24 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2016, 08:04:44 AM
DPD, their most famous burger is probably the Walking Chedd, which is a cheeseburger topped with mac and cheese with a bun that is actually just two things of fried mac and cheese:

To both of your photos: wow

They have some incredible burgers, then there's usually a weekly special that's crazier than the regular ones.

http://zombieburgerdm.com/drink-lab/#food--burgers-dogs
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: January 11, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 06, 2016, 08:00:07 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 05, 2016, 12:35:19 PM
There are a few really well-loved burger places in Toronto. Probably the hippest is the Burger's Priest, which offers a tasty, local-grown beef served on fresh buns. It's so well-loved that it's spawned several successful knock-offs, including Holy Chuck's. Still, for my dollar, the best burger place is Five Guys. Chain or no chain, I can't get enough of their burgers.

You guys are all missing the point: Burger's Priest is fucking awesome. Way better than Five Guys.

If you're ever in Toronto go there for sure and get the Pope, jarge style. That thing in between the burgers is a portabello mushroom covered in cheese and deep fried.

I'll be in Toronto tomorrow, in fact.  Slak, I'll assume some of your old cohorts will be interested and will know where to go find one?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2016, 12:17:16 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 11, 2016, 11:33:12 AM
There are a few really well-loved burger places in Toronto. Probably the hippest is the Burger's Priest, which offers a tasty, local-grown beef served on fresh buns. It's so well-loved that it's spawned several successful knock-offs, including Holy Chuck's. Still, for my dollar, the best burger place is Five Guys. Chain or no chain, I can't get enough of their burgers.

You guys are all missing the point: Burger's Priest is fucking awesome. Way better than Five Guys.

If you're ever in Toronto go there for sure and get the Pope, jarge style. That thing in between the burgers is a portabello mushroom covered in cheese and deep fried.

I'll be in Toronto tomorrow, in fact.  Slak, I'll assume some of your old cohorts will be interested and will know where to go find one?

Give me the intersection where you are staying, and I will give you directions to the closest Burger's Priest. They are springing up all throughout the city.

If, on the other hand, you want some good Mexican, there is a taco place that is amazing that I would heartily recommend (La Carnita).
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: January 11, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 11, 2016, 12:17:16 PM

Give me the intersection where you are staying, and I will give you directions to the closest Burger's Priest. They are springing up all throughout the city.

If, on the other hand, you want some good Mexican, there is a taco place that is amazing that I would heartily recommend (La Carnita) ask someone else.

No cilantro'd.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: January 11, 2016, 01:09:53 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 11, 2016, 01:02:20 PM

I'll be in Toronto tomorrow, in fact.  Slak, I'll assume some of your old cohorts will be interested and will know where to go find one?

If, on the other hand, you want some good Mexican, there is a taco place that is amazing that I would heartily recommend (La Carnita) ask someone else.

No cilantro'd.

Don't take my word for it. Or theirs.

Not sure what your point is about cilantro. I can't eat it. Some of their tacos have cilantro but most do not.
M'lady.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: January 11, 2016, 01:20:09 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 11, 2016, 01:09:53 PM
Quote from: Tonker on January 11, 2016, 01:02:20 PM

I'll be in Toronto tomorrow, in fact.  Slak, I'll assume some of your old cohorts will be interested and will know where to go find one?

No cilantro'd.

Don't take my word for it. Or theirs.

Not sure what your point is about cilantro. I can't eat it. Some of their tacos have cilantro but most do not.

Do you really expect me to believe that these people know more about Mexican food than a Welsh/Irish Australian?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: January 11, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »

Not sure - all my old cohorts have quit. Just find someone who's relatively cool to hang out with and skip the evening horseshit and go to Burger's Priest instead. Carry on my tradition of indifference.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: January 11, 2016, 02:02:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 11, 2016, 01:41:59 PM

Not sure - all my old cohorts have quit. Just find someone who's relatively cool to hang out with and skip the evening horseshit and go to Burger's Priest instead. Carry on my tradition of indifference.

Gotcha.  By the way, they have a secret menu I just uncovered.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: January 11, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 11, 2016, 02:02:57 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 11, 2016, 01:41:59 PM

Gotcha.  By the way, they have a secret menu I just uncovered.

Yes, I recommend you utilize it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: February 02, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
If you ever decide you want to die in Hawaii, there's a place conveniently located by the Maui airport in Kahalui that features the "Quad Moco Challenge" - if you can eat 4 8 oz beef patties smothered in gravy, 8 eggs and 8 scoops of rice in 45 minutes, it's free. Otherwise it'll run you $35.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16