News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: LOST Star Trek  ( 33,654 )

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: LOST Star Trek
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 06:01:24 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 08, 2009, 05:30:14 PM
I saw it last night.  I agree that the casting was superb, the plot is weak, but it's a pretty fun summer blockbuster.  The main problem I had was I saw the midnight showing last night (yes...I got in), which I really regret because the theater was full of Trekkies, so everyone was clapping after almost every line.  I haven't watched many of the past movies/shows, so I felt like I was watching some big inside joke that I wasn't a part of.  Therefore, a lot of the comedy is reserved for people who are very familiar with the series.  The Live Free or Die Hard comparisons are solid.  It's brainless, summer blockbuster fun that probably would be pretty terrible if not for the cast.

I would have bet 900 Vulcanbucks that there would be absolutely no way you'd miss seeing this dorkfest of a movie on opening night.  I would have won those 900 vbukaroonies too.  I would have spent them on condoms.  You know, Weebs, to use during intercourse with a girl.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 08, 2009, 05:51:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 08, 2009, 05:46:43 PM
The main problem I had was I saw the midnight showing last night (yes...I got in), which I really regret because the theater was full of Trekkies, so everyone was clapping after almost every line.

What did you expect, nerdlinger?

But he saw it first, that's what counts.

Wait wait wait wait.  So did they bring the projector out to the curb?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
I saw it last night.  I agree that the casting was superb, the plot is weak, but it's a pretty fun summer blockbuster.  The main problem I had was I saw the midnight showing last night (yes...I got in), which I really regret because the theater was full of Trekkies, so everyone was clapping after almost every line.  I haven't watched many of the past movies/shows, so I felt like I was watching some big inside joke that I wasn't a part of.  Therefore, a lot of the comedy is reserved for people who are very familiar with the series.  The Live Free or Die Hard comparisons are solid.  It's brainless, summer blockbuster fun that probably would be pretty terrible if not for the cast.

You are literally the Baltimore of Desipio.
Just when it seems that you couldn't possibly do something else unbelievable, you go ahead and trade for Joey Gathright.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 06:18:27 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 08, 2009, 06:15:42 PM

Just when it seems that you couldn't possibly do something else unbelievable, you go ahead and trade for Joey Gathright.

All the prompting I needed to link to this...

Quote from: Weebs on March 15, 2008, 03:58:35 PM
So, here's the newest rumor, fresh from an inside source:

One of my good friends has a friend who is friends (sounds like a 90s teen comedy) with Sean Gallagher.  Apparently she got a call yesterday or today from him and he told her he's headed to Baltimore, and the trade will probably be announced tomorrow or Monday.  Again, it seems like a pretty unreliable rumor, but I've met this person before and I know she is friends with him, so take it for what it's worth.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »

Just wanted to point out that this is awesome, and I intend to steal it.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
Quote from: Tank on May 08, 2009, 06:18:27 PM

All the prompting I needed to link to this...

Quote from: Weebs on March 15, 2008, 03:58:35 PM
So, here's the newest rumor, fresh from an inside source:

One of my good friends has a friend who is friends (sounds like a 90s teen comedy) with Sean Gallagher.  Apparently she got a call yesterday or today from him and he told her he's headed to Baltimore, and the trade will probably be announced tomorrow or Monday.  Again, it seems like a pretty unreliable rumor, but I've met this person before and I know she is friends with him, so take it for what it's worth.

Wow...I was a huge fag.  "Sounds like a 90s teen comedy."  That's fucking ghey.  I apologize for ever trying to defend myself.

Quote from: TDubbs on May 08, 2009, 06:01:24 PM
I would have bet 900 Vulcanbucks that there would be absolutely no way you'd miss seeing this dorkfest of a movie on opening night.  I would have won those 900 vbukaroonies too.  I would have spent them on condoms.  You know, Weebs, to use during intercourse with a girl.

Condoms?  Pass.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 08:13:02 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 08, 2009, 06:01:24 PM

I would have bet 900 Vulcanbucks that there would be absolutely no way you'd miss seeing this dorkfest of a movie on opening night.  I would have won those 900 vbukaroonies too.  I would have spent them on condoms.  You know, Weebs, to use during intercourse with a girl so I don't make a mess when I masturbate bitterly.

Real Chads don't use condoms, they use abortions'ed.
Hire Jim Essian!

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 08:25:12 PM »
The main problem I had was I saw the midnight showing last night (yes...I got in), which I really regret because the theater was full of Trekkies, so everyone was clapping after almost every line.

I expect the bra bomb to work.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 09:35:32 PM »
Quote from: butthead on May 08, 2009, 08:25:12 PM

I expect the bra bomb to work.

That's why you'll be such a great Secretary of Partying Down.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »
So is it ok to post spoilers yet because there was a huge fucking plot hole the size of a singularity in that movie.  Bothered the fuck out of me.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 12:15:45 PM »
Quote from: Poon on May 09, 2009, 11:04:14 AM
... a huge fucking plot hole the size of a singularity ...

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 09, 2009, 12:15:45 PM

No spatial extension, sure.

But infinite density, too.

Not large, but still massive nonetheless.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 01:42:50 PM »
Quote from: Tank on May 09, 2009, 12:57:53 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on May 09, 2009, 12:15:45 PM

No spatial extension, sure.

But infinite density, too.

Not large, but still massive nonetheless.

Well, now I'll be looking for it.  Thanks a lot.  I'm gonna feel pretty silly when I don't even notice it.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
So is it ok to post spoilers yet because there was a huge fucking plot hole the size of a singularity in that movie.  Bothered the fuck out of me.
There's several.  So what?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 09:29:54 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 09, 2009, 02:55:47 PM
There's several.  So what?

So, no one asked WHY.
Hire Jim Essian!