News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: LOST Star Trek  ( 33,654 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: LOST Star Trek
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »
Decent try.  Some good action, but at times impossible to follow.  They start out with all these interesting ideas for inner conflicts for the characters.  Then... forgotten. Given lip service at the end.

It's a space action film with characters who have names we recognize.  It's a decent popcorn flick, sub par Star Trek.

Remarkably unfunny attempts at humor the first half of the film, especially given Pegg wrote it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 02, 2016, 02:39:45 PM
Decent try.  Some good action, but at times impossible to follow.  They start out with all these interesting ideas for inner conflicts for the characters.  Then... forgotten. Given lip service at the end.

It's a space action film with characters who have names we recognize.  It's a decent popcorn flick, sub par Star Trek.

Remarkably unfunny attempts at humor the first half of the film, especially given Pegg wrote it.

I swaw this movie today, and I agree with every single word of the above.  Internet Chuck must have been asleep at the wheel for this review.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2020, 01:00:32 PM »
Well, given the crappiness of my suffering Dad's cable, I tried watching Beyond last night. I quit after an hour. This is what I get for trying to hold together a car conversation that had turned into dislike of scary movies by bringing up Dan Bannon.

If there was ever a time that grass could keep me sane, this is it.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 13, 2020, 01:00:32 PM
Well, given the crappiness of my suffering Dad's cable, I tried watching Beyond last night. I quit after an hour. This is what I get for trying to hold together a car conversation that had turned into dislike of scary movies by bringing up Dan Bannon.

If there was ever a time that grass could keep me sane, this is it.

No doubt. I love taking off my shoes and walking on grass. So relaxing....
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.