News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fukkake Bukkake thread  ( 53,760 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fukkake Bukkake thread
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2010, 08:33:30 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 18, 2010, 07:58:31 AM
What quality major league ready player will Colvin net in return that can do anything for the Cubs this season? 

Tim Lincecum.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 18, 2010, 08:16:14 AM
Quote from: Shooter on June 18, 2010, 08:10:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 18, 2010, 08:04:45 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 17, 2010, 06:35:06 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 17, 2010, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 17, 2010, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 17, 2010, 04:27:36 PM
Anyway, to go back to BH's post, I would trade Colvin in a heartbeat if he was going to bring back a good major league player in return.

Maybe Hendry can package Colvin and Soto together to snare another bullpen arm that can complement John Grabow and REALLY anchor the pen once and for all.  Chad Qualls, perhaps?

Because that's totally what I said.  I apologize, Colvin's awesome.  We should never trade him, ever.  I'm sure his value will only increase.

I was commenting on Hendry's propensity for overvaluing relievers, not your trade idea.  I completely agree Colvin could be a good trade chip right now.

What quality major league ready player will Colvin net in return that can do anything for the Cubs this season?  I don't understand this idea at all.  But, I guess that's the least suprising of things and something else.

Oh good lord, before you people all end up arguing the same thing let's just fill out the questionnaire:

1. Do you think Tyler Colvin is a trade chip?
2. If yes, for what would you trade him? (please be specific about position and age of player)
3. Would that person be a pick up for a playoff run this year, or a person who can help the team next year?

Playoffs?

My point exactly. I think IAN here is confused in thinking people are willing to trade Colvin out of a deluded sense that this team is only a trade deadline acquisition away from contending. I think everyone here knows they're out of it, but would be willing to trade Colvin to get a player that has value for the next couple years. I just don't know who that player would be or what position he would be at. Unless we're packaging him to get Adrian Gonzalez to replace the deceased Derrek Lee.

That's what I was thinking everyone else was thinking and it was making my head hurt.  If trading him makes the team better for the next couple of years, I'm all for it.  I just don't know if it's all that feasable that he plus anybody else's corpse on this team gets the Cubs there.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 18, 2010, 08:40:25 AM
Anyway, to go back to BH's post, I would trade Colvin in a heartbeat if he was going to bring back a good major league player in return.

Maybe Hendry can package Colvin and Soto together to snare another bullpen arm that can complement John Grabow and REALLY anchor the pen once and for all.  Chad Qualls, perhaps?

Because that's totally what I said.  I apologize, Colvin's awesome.  We should never trade him, ever.  I'm sure his value will only increase.

I was commenting on Hendry's propensity for overvaluing relievers, not your trade idea.  I completely agree Colvin could be a good trade chip right now.

What quality major league ready player will Colvin net in return that can do anything for the Cubs this season?  I don't understand this idea at all.  But, I guess that's the least suprising of things and something else.

Oh good lord, before you people all end up arguing the same thing let's just fill out the questionnaire:

2. If yes, for what would you trade him? (please be specific about position and age of player)
3. Would that person be a pick up for a playoff run this year, or a person who can help the team next year?

Playoffs?

My point exactly. I think IAN here is confused in thinking people are willing to trade Colvin out of a deluded sense that this team is only a trade deadline acquisition away from contending. I think everyone here knows they're out of it, but would be willing to trade Colvin to get a player that has value for the next couple years. I just don't know who that player would be or what position he would be at. Unless we're packaging him to get Adrian Gonzalez to replace the deceased Derrek Lee.

That's what I was thinking everyone else was thinking and it was making my head hurt.  If trading him makes the team better for the next couple of years, I'm all for it.  I just don't know if it's all that feasable that he plus anybody else's corpse on this team gets the Cubs there.

I agree with everybody.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2010, 09:26:54 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 18, 2010, 09:19:21 AM

Playoffs?

I agree with everybody.

So, just so I have it right...only trade Colvin is it makes the team better.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 18, 2010, 09:26:54 AM

Playoffs?

I agree with everybody.

Well, that depends ...

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2010, 10:09:03 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 18, 2010, 09:47:48 AM

Playoffs?

I agree with everybody.

Well, that depends ...

Better now or better later?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:18 AM »
Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2010, 10:09:03 AM

Playoffs?

I agree with everybody.

Well, that depends ...

And how much better? Are we talking Playoffs?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2010, 09:45:52 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 18, 2010, 10:58:18 AM
Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2010, 10:09:03 AM

Playoffs?

I agree with everybody.

Well, that depends ...

And how much better? Are we talking Playoffs?

Is that significant in your opinion? What would be a really high number?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »
Fuck this thread.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2010, 12:26:13 PM »
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2010, 02:27:03 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 24, 2010, 12:26:13 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 24, 2010, 12:11:20 PM
Fuck this thread.

THI

Screw you guys.  This thread is great every April.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club