News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 120,670 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #810 on: July 21, 2016, 09:41:58 AM »
Hearing Rick Hahn say it's hard for the White Sox to sell given that they added James Shields already makes me very glad that I never had to watch Jim Hendry handle a trade deadline while his team had a 3.2% chance of locking down the second wildcard spot. 
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #811 on: July 21, 2016, 09:51:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 21, 2016, 09:41:58 AM
Hearing Rick Hahn say it's hard for the White Sox to sell given that they added James Shields already makes me very glad that I never had to watch Jim Hendry handle a trade deadline while his team had a 3.2% chance of locking down the second wildcard spot. 

Their front office is such a dumpster fire. Hard to tell how much Hahn is limited by Kenny/Jerry, but remember when he was a candidate for the Cubs job? Yikes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #812 on: July 21, 2016, 09:53:16 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 21, 2016, 09:51:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 21, 2016, 09:41:58 AM

Their front office is such a dumpster fire. Hard to tell how much Hahn is limited by Kenny/Jerry, but remember when he was a candidate for the Cubs job? Yikes.

was he ever really a candidate for the Cubs job or was he just a name the Sun Times habitually threw out as a guy they thought the Cubs should interview because of their default position that the Sox were the better run team right up until the middle of last year.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #813 on: July 21, 2016, 10:04:20 AM »
Also just because it's fucking hilarious now someone on twitter reminded me of this beauty from a couple of years ago, when David Haugh declared Jose Abreu the best first baseman in Chicago after 29 games. Rizzo (14.8 fWAR) has been worth almost 7 more wins than Abreu (8) since Abreu came to America.

"White Sox Ahead of Cubs in Rebuilding Race"
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-05-05/sports/ct-haugh-city-series-spt-0506-20140506_1_jose-abreu-chris-sale-white-sox

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #814 on: July 21, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 21, 2016, 10:04:20 AM
Also just because it's fucking hilarious now someone on twitter reminded me of this beauty from a couple of years ago, when David Haugh declared Jose Abreu the best first baseman in Chicago after 29 games. Rizzo (14.8 fWAR) has been worth almost 7 more wins than Abreu (8) since Abreu came to America.

"White Sox Ahead of Cubs in Rebuilding Race"
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-05-05/sports/ct-haugh-city-series-spt-0506-20140506_1_jose-abreu-chris-sale-white-sox

THE PLAN SUCKS!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #815 on: July 23, 2016, 06:19:12 PM »

You might be able to collect a full set of teeth given all the heads that are exploding on the south side right now.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #816 on: July 23, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 23, 2016, 06:19:12 PM

You might be able to collect a full set of teeth given all the heads that are exploding on the south side right now.

You think Sale might want out? Here's hoping Theo smells blood in the water and pounces.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #817 on: July 24, 2016, 09:59:59 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 23, 2016, 08:33:31 PM

You think Sale might want out? Here's hoping Theo smells blood in the water and pounces.

Think the Sox are dumb enough to not move Sale 70 blocks north regardless of what the Cubs offer?

I do.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #818 on: July 24, 2016, 10:04:52 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 24, 2016, 09:59:59 PM

Think the Sox are dumb enough to not move Sale 70 blocks north regardless of what the Cubs offer?

I do.

Kaplan said there's no way the Sox would trade Sale to the Cubs no matter what was offered and thar idiot is pretty well plugged in. Reinsdorf would let a fake rivalry hurt his team

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #819 on: July 24, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 24, 2016, 10:04:52 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 24, 2016, 09:59:59 PM

I do.

Kaplan said there's no way the Sox would trade Sale to the Cubs no matter what was offered and thar idiot is pretty well plugged in. Reinsdorf would let a fake rivalry hurt his team

There aren't many guys I'd be in favor of cleaning out a good portion of their top 10 prospects for, but Sale is definitely one of them. At least we can continue to enjoy the White Sox's mismanagement.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #820 on: July 26, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »
These fuckers -- I almost enjoy watching them win these games -- almost. Let them win the next two and go on a mini-tear and then let Kenny Williams complete some shitbag trade before they embark on a 10-20 August and fucking death spiral.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #821 on: July 29, 2016, 08:13:56 AM »
So he's still a very good pitcher, obviously, and he's got the stuff to get by at 93-94, but I don't think Chris Sale is the same guy anymore. He said early in the year he was trying to conserve energy and be more efficient by pitching to contact but I don't think he hit 97 at all last night even when he was in jams and trying to get the K. His average fastball velocity is down by almost 3 MPH from last year and he's striking out 3 fewer batters per 9. His FIP has gone up a full run.

Obviously he's still a top end starter with a ludicrously cheap contract but if I were the White Sox I really would sell him now because I think he's already started the slow decline phase. They could probably still get a nice return for him next year if they wanted but I doubt his value is going to go up from here.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #822 on: July 29, 2016, 02:24:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 29, 2016, 08:13:56 AM
So he's still a very good pitcher, obviously, and he's got the stuff to get by at 93-94, but I don't think Chris Sale is the same guy anymore. He said early in the year he was trying to conserve energy and be more efficient by pitching to contact but I don't think he hit 97 at all last night even when he was in jams and trying to get the K. His average fastball velocity is down by almost 3 MPH from last year and he's striking out 3 fewer batters per 9. His FIP has gone up a full run.

Obviously he's still a top end starter with a ludicrously cheap contract but if I were the White Sox I really would sell him now because I think he's already started the slow decline phase. They could probably still get a nice return for him next year if they wanted but I doubt his value is going to go up from here.

Even with the couple runs he was pretty decent last night. I'd take that outing from my SP.

Ventura has to be high on the pitcher abuse charts if such a thing exists. He always seems to let Sale throw 110 pitches.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #823 on: July 29, 2016, 02:26:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2016, 02:24:01 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 29, 2016, 08:13:56 AM

Even with the couple runs he was pretty decent last night. I'd take that outing from my SP.

Ventura has to be high on the pitcher abuse charts if such a thing exists. He always seems to let Sale throw 110 pitches.

Yeah like I said he's very good and his contract makes him an absolute steal. But if they're being realistic about their chances next year I think they'll know they'll consider trading him no later than July of next year, and with the seemingly declining velocity they're probably not going to get more for him than they would this year.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #824 on: August 24, 2016, 04:48:45 PM »
Guaranteed Rate Field. Next up: Desipio Park.