News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,658 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Totally Unlistenable
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:01:35 PM »
I can't handle Santo's groans and moans and doddering-old-man bit anymore. It's tiresome, it's irritating, it's not illuminating (a good call that goes against the Cubs is as protested as a legit bad call), and I'm burned out.

I know Mike D. agrees to some extent, but I'm also at the point where I'll listen to the opposing team on my phone instead of listening to Santo. In fact, that's maybe what I'll do for the weekend series. Scully for the first 3 innings followed by Charley Steiner and great American (and former Cub) Rick Monday sounds a lot better than Santo's sad sack bit along with 8 innings of Hughes and 1 inning of Bob Sirrott's nephew.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 27, 2009, 04:01:35 PM
I can't handle Santo's groans and moans and doddering-old-man bit anymore. It's tiresome, it's irritating, it's not illuminating (a good call that goes against the Cubs is as protested as a legit bad call), and I'm burned out.

I know Mike D. agrees to some extent, but I'm also at the point where I'll listen to the opposing team on my phone instead of listening to Santo. In fact, that's maybe what I'll do for the weekend series. Scully for the first 3 innings followed by Charley Steiner and great American (and former Cub) Rick Monday sounds a lot better than Santo's sad sack bit along with 8 innings of Hughes and 1 inning of Bob Sirrott's nephew.

Legs is seriously awful. His sad-sack act may have hit a new low today, when he was bitching that ONLY THE CUBS have so many line-drive, near-doubles go just foul. As if there are baseball gods somewhere that are punishing Ron and his Cubs for some unknown reason. That wretched old assbag needs to leave the booth.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
And you all thought I was kidding when I suggested they shut off his microphone during the games. 

It only gets worse when JUDD SIROTT STARTS YELLING DURING HIS INNING OF WORK FOR NO REASON!!!!111!!!!  LOUD NOISES!  I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!!!!11!!!!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »
I know Mike D. agrees to some extent...

Heh.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »
Quote from: Andy on May 27, 2009, 04:36:00 PM
And you all thought I was kidding when I suggested they shut off his microphone during the games. 

It only gets worse when JUDD SIROTT STARTS YELLING DURING HIS INNING OF WORK FOR NO REASON!!!!111!!!!  LOUD NOISES!  I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!!!!11!!!!
Maybe he's selling OxiClean, Orange Glo, Kaboom, Engrave It, Handy Switch, iCan, Mighty Mendit Mighty Putty, Hercules Hook, AwesomeAuger, Steam Buddy, Zorbeez, Big City Slider Station, The Ding King, ESPN 360, Energize, Impact Gel Insoles, GPS Buddy, Omni DualSaw, Shuffles, Jupiter Jack, What Odor?, Heel Stick, and Tool Bandit.

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »

Sirott yells all the time. He annoys me much more than Santo. And really, I have to have manly love for Pat and Ron because they managed to make my wife a Cubs fan. She likes listening to them.
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 04:48:03 PM »
The comment about the line drive that went just foul (referenced by RV) almost prompted me to start this very thread. The woe-is-me, boy oh boy oh boy oh boy act is beyond tiresome.

And at the rate the quality of the fifth inning announcer is declining, BC will be a candidate in 8-10 years.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 27, 2009, 04:48:03 PM
And at the rate the quality of the fifth inning announcer is declining, BC will be a candidate in 8-10 years.

We've been figuring 1-2, depending on Judd's tenure.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 27, 2009, 04:40:41 PM

Maybe he's selling OxiClean, Orange Glo, Kaboom, Engrave It, Handy Switch, iCan, Mighty Mendit Mighty Putty, Hercules Hook, AwesomeAuger, Steam Buddy, Zorbeez, Big City Slider Station, The Ding King, ESPN 360, Energize, Impact Gel Insoles, GPS Buddy, Omni DualSaw, Shuffles, Jupiter Jack, What Odor?, Heel Stick, and Tool Bandit.

Leave the OxiClean guy alone.  He is my 11:15 pm alarm clock.  He tells me to get off the couch and go to bed.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 05:09:31 PM »
Even with knowing how Santo is going to be he can still wear you out by the end of the game.

Judd Sirott is awful. Just have Pat take the microphone into the can with him. His moans and groans should blend right in with Santo's.

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 05:47:31 PM »
I'm a little surprised to hear Jugg Surrott sucks at baseball. His Wolves play-by-play was very solid, and he had that gig last season doing national games for HD Net and did a good job.

That said, I met the guy a couple of times and he's a complete douche. When he came to Cincinnati to do Wolves road games he was a complete ass to everyone on the Ducks' staff.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2009, 04:36:13 PM
I know Mike D. agrees to some extent...

Heh.

I know fish swim to some extent...
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

Scully is so good he makes sitting in LA traffic tolerable. 

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
Quote from: butthead on May 27, 2009, 05:57:53 PM

Scully is so good he makes sitting in LA traffic tolerable. fans want to show up in the 3rd and leave in the 7th.

Intrepid Reader:

L.A. Gil
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 27, 2009, 06:02:56 PM
Quote from: butthead on May 27, 2009, 05:57:53 PM

Scully is so good he makes sitting in LA traffic tolerable. fans want to show up in the 3rd and leave in the 7th.

Intrepid Reader:

L.A. Gil

I love you guys.