News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,653 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1650 on: January 17, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1651 on: January 18, 2019, 12:37:08 AM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1652 on: February 25, 2019, 02:07:28 PM »
Who is that guy doing the audio for Cub games on MLB TV?  He sounds like he is 14 years old.  What happened to the crew who did the games for WGN?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1653 on: February 26, 2019, 02:03:46 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 25, 2019, 02:07:28 PM
Who is that guy doing the audio for Cub games on MLB TV?  He sounds like he is 14 years old.  What happened to the crew who did the games for WGN?

I don't know who he is either, but during last night's game he informed us that not only did David Bote have two walk-offs last year, but he hit them both when the Cubs were behind!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1654 on: February 26, 2019, 08:07:08 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 26, 2019, 02:03:46 AM

I don't know who he is either, but during last night's game he informed us that not only did David Bote have two walk-offs last year, but he hit them both when the Cubs were behind!

You can't hit a walk-off with your team tied?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1655 on: February 26, 2019, 09:16:15 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 26, 2019, 08:07:08 AM

It doesn't make much difference, does it?  Your team's not winning, and then all of a sudden, you win!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1656 on: February 26, 2019, 10:49:23 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 26, 2019, 09:16:15 AM

It doesn't make much difference, does it?  Your team's not winning, and then all of a sudden, you win!

Sorry to split hairs here, ole mate, but I've gone on some Twitter crusades about announcers failing to make the distinction between a walk-off hit and a lead-changing walkoff hit.  It actually makes quite a bit of difference in that in one case you're about to lose the game but in the other there's no such risk.  Lead-changing walkoff homers are far more exciting than walkoffs that occur when a game is tied, in my humblest of opinions.

Also, do we know for a fact that Bote even hit 2 lead-changing walkoff homers?   I know the granny off Ryan Madson was a lead-changing shot, but I don't think his other one was.  I'm pretty sure I'd remember it if it was because, as I've just demonstrated, I'm pretty goddamn vigilant in recognizing the difference (and goddamnit, Tonker should be too).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1657 on: February 26, 2019, 11:47:07 AM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on February 26, 2019, 10:49:23 AM

Sorry to split hairs here, ole mate, but I've gone on some Twitter crusades about announcers failing to make the distinction between a walk-off hit and a lead-changing walkoff hit.  It actually makes quite a bit of difference in that in one case you're about to lose the game but in the other there's no such risk.  Lead-changing walkoff homers are far more exciting than walkoffs that occur when a game is tied, in my humblest of opinions.

Also, do we know for a fact that Bote even hit 2 lead-changing walkoff homers?   I know the granny off Ryan Madson was a lead-changing shot, but I don't think his other one was.  I'm pretty sure I'd remember it if it was because, as I've just demonstrated, I'm pretty goddamn vigilant in recognizing the difference (and goddamnit, Tonker should be too).

Mike D. is right. The other came a couple weeks after his "golden" slam against the Reds with the score tied 2-2.

Also, of note: this game in which he hit a 1-out, 2-run homer to tie the game at 6. Rizzo followed with the walkoff homer.

His other homers were a 3-run shot in an 9-0 trouncing of the Reds, a 2-run homer in an 8-2 decision at Detroit, and a solo shot in a 5-2 win against Detroit.

The Cubs were 6-0 in games in which Bote homered.

Bote also walked a walk-off in July against the Reds.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1658 on: February 26, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 26, 2019, 11:47:07 AM
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on February 26, 2019, 10:49:23 AM

Mike D. is right. The other came a couple weeks after his "golden" slam against the Reds with the score tied 2-2.

Also, of note: this game in which he hit a 1-out, 2-run homer to tie the game at 6. Rizzo followed with the walkoff homer.

His other homers were a 3-run shot in an 9-0 trouncing of the Reds, a 2-run homer in an 8-2 decision at Detroit, and a solo shot in a 5-2 win against Detroit.

The Cubs were 6-0 in games in which Bote homered.

Bote also walked a walk-off in July against the Reds.

Don't forget, Bote also walked off a cliff once the calendar turned August.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?