News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,600 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »
I think there's a morbid reason Ron's so agitated so early in the season.  He really thought last year the Cubs were going to the World Series.  The early suckage of this year's team has him in a foul mood, as he figures they ain't going this year either, and the odds of him still being around when they do get longer all the time.

Seriously, he freaks out in the second inning if they fall behind 2-0 (which last week was a freak out with good reason).  It's truly hard to listen to him these days.  It's no fung.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »
I blame Ron Santo for engendering the overly-anxious ledge-jumping "woe is us" fatalism that has enveloped a healthy chunk of the fanbase.  He represents  all that drives me crazy about being a fan of this team.

For years my beef with Santo was his utter refusal to do any real preparation befitting a color analyst.  But this was a minor quibble to be sure.  He has now regressed to the role of ear rapist.  I don't care about the thoughtless sad-sack douchebag segment of the fanbase that still inexplicably finds his tired act cute--the fans deserve better.  I think it's shameful and reflects poorly on the man's character that he so willingly plays the buffoonish mascot for the Cubbie Wubbies and lets everybody advocate on his behalf without even a hint of embarassment.  Fuck him--I'm glad some of you are finally coming around to this dick.

And Garry Meier can eat a bag of unwashed ass for his cloying "Get Ron Bronzed" bullshit.  A fucking statue for this clown?  Really?  Hanging his fucking jersey on the foul pole is not enough?  Fuck you Garry Meier, I never fucking liked you anyway, you creepy fucking washout.  You've gone from anti-establishment radio guy to actually carrying the banner for a pet cause for the station you spent years mocking.  Fucking sellout.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 28, 2009, 10:41:41 PM
I blame Ron Santo for engendering the overly-anxious ledge-jumping "woe is us" fatalism that has enveloped a healthy chunk of the fanbase.  He represents  all that drives me crazy about being a fan of this team.

For years my beef with Santo was his utter refusal to do any real preparation befitting a color analyst.  But this was a minor quibble to be sure.  He has now regressed to the role of ear rapist.  I don't care about the thoughtless sad-sack douchebag segment of the fanbase that still inexplicably finds his tired act cute--the fans deserve better.  I think it's shameful and reflects poorly on the man's character that he so willingly plays the buffoonish mascot for the Cubbie Wubbies and lets everybody advocate on his behalf without even a hint of embarassment.  Fuck him--I'm glad some of you are finally coming around to this dick.

And Garry Meier can eat a bag of unwashed ass for his cloying "Get Ron Bronzed" bullshit.  A fucking statue for this clown?  Really?  Hanging his fucking jersey on the foul pole is not enough?  Fuck you Garry Meier, I never fucking liked you anyway, you creepy fucking washout.  You've gone from anti-establishment radio guy to actually carrying the banner for a pet cause for the station you spent years mocking.  Fucking sellout.

I think they should do a statue of him out of plastic except for his legs, which should be made of human flesh.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 29, 2009, 11:23:29 AM

I think they should do a statue of him out of plastic except for his legs, which should be made of human flesh.

I think they should prop him up like one of those Body Works "skeletons"
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009, 01:02:13 PM »

Can the statue also be rigged to provide lucid, insightful commentary about the Cubs?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 01:45:33 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 29, 2009, 01:02:13 PM

Can the statue also be rigged to provide lucid, insightful commentary about the Cubs?

So far, no.  They've tried it three times with the Andy 1.0, Corey 2.0, and Judd 3.0.  All three have been colossal failures.
Hire Jim Essian!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 29, 2009, 01:45:33 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on May 29, 2009, 01:02:13 PM

So far, no.  They've tried it three times with the Andy 1.0, Corey 2.0, and Judd 3.0.  All three have been colossal failures.

When do they begin work on Brian 4.0?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »
Bump.

He was whining as soon as DLee dropped the first out in the 8th inning.  The following clusterfuck only emboldened Santo's fatalism but even when it was 5-1 after that error, this fuck was bemoaning the fact that "it's never easy".  What a fuckwhistle.  Mr. heel-clicker somehow thinks he's entitled to a stress-free broadcast.  The only consolation I got out of listening to that shitty 8th and 9th inning was Santo getting exactly what his whiny ass deserved.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

numbersman2

• Does your little dog bite?
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 11:55:11 PM »
Ron doesn't know what a fool he is.  How many times has he been turned down for the Hall of Fame?  Just go away, you symbolize whats wrong with this team.
Go Away

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »
Quote from: numbersman2 on June 02, 2009, 11:55:11 PM
Ron doesn't know what a fool he is.  How many times has he been turned down for the Hall of Fame?  Just go away, you symbolize whats wrong with this team.

Just as Phil Rizzuto did. Difference is, the Yankees threatened to boycott the Hall of Fame Game if Rizzuto wasn't inducted, so the Veterans' Committee was given three new members who were all Rizzuto supporters. With the disbanding of the Veterans Committee, the Cubs couldn't get the deck stacked, even if they wanted to.

FWIW, Santo is more of a HOFer than the Scooter.

Not that I give too much of a shit about it...HOFs are all arbitrary, since Madonna can be inducted into one for rock and roll.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 08:41:26 AM »
Ron Santo being worthy of the Hall of Fame and Ron Santo being a worthless sad symbol of all that is wrong with "Cubbie" Nation are two separate issues.  He deserves to be in the Hall, no doubt, but we also deserve not to have our ears assaulted with his whiny bullshit.  He makes listening to a game completely unenjoyable.  Well that, and the Cubs playing like ass spray.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 06:08:27 PM »
Quote from: MAD on May 28, 2009, 10:41:41 PMFuck you Garry Meier, I never fucking liked you anyway, you creepy fucking washout.

Anonymous A25-54 weekday Arbitron gossip from chitownradio.com, WGN 1-4 p.m.:

April Total:
3.4 share / 11th place

When the Cubs play a day game:
7.4 share / 1st place

Garry Meier's show when Cubs play late PM or night game:
1.2 share / 28th place

Garry Meier with no Cubs game that day:
0.8 share / 31st place

That would be only 3.2 weeks of Meier in the total, with four 1:20's, one 2:40, and one 3:05.  I can imagine why he might be milking the imbecilic statue theme.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 07:34:32 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on June 03, 2009, 05:11:40 PM
http://www.670thescore.com/MAC-IS-BACK-/4527488

Dan McNeil back on the Score.

So the Score will be listenable for more than 4 hours a day? AND Murph is gone? AND no more smarmy Laurence Holmes? A good day for us mouthbreathers who still listen to sports radio.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »
Quote from: RV on June 03, 2009, 07:34:32 PM
Quote from: Waco Kid on June 03, 2009, 05:11:40 PM
http://www.670thescore.com/MAC-IS-BACK-/4527488

Dan McNeil back on the Score.

So the Score will be listenable for more than 4 hours a day? AND Murph is gone? AND no more smarmy Laurence Holmes? A good day for us mouthbreathers who still listen to sports radio.

We  TRUE mouthbreathers are mourning the firing of Doug and OB.