News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,669 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1560 on: June 20, 2016, 09:06:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 20, 2016, 08:46:43 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 20, 2016, 08:45:57 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 20, 2016, 08:21:40 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 20, 2016, 08:11:51 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 18, 2016, 09:09:41 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 18, 2016, 07:47:21 PM
I think that, leading up to the election, he's going to do something very frightening. He'll talk about the minorities who stand against him, and he'll say something like, "them? They're not going to vote!" This will be interpreted by his followers as a message of voter suppression, and Election Day will be the bloodiest in our history. And since many police departments employee white supremacists, it'll be very ugly.

I think you do raise a good point that Election Day could be violent and horrible. Hadn't really thought about that.

Like fights at the polls? What do you have in mind?

Everything.

Nobody has ever gone broke banking on the worst in people.

There will definitely be many places where minority voters will likely be targets, I fear.

Good thing there isn't a movie literally coming out about an election day filled with citizens murdering each other.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1561 on: June 20, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 20, 2016, 09:06:35 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 20, 2016, 08:46:43 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 20, 2016, 08:45:57 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 20, 2016, 08:21:40 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 20, 2016, 08:11:51 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 18, 2016, 09:09:41 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 18, 2016, 07:47:21 PM
I think that, leading up to the election, he's going to do something very frightening. He'll talk about the minorities who stand against him, and he'll say something like, "them? They're not going to vote!" This will be interpreted by his followers as a message of voter suppression, and Election Day will be the bloodiest in our history. And since many police departments employee white supremacists, it'll be very ugly.

I think you do raise a good point that Election Day could be violent and horrible. Hadn't really thought about that.

Like fights at the polls? What do you have in mind?

Everything.

Nobody has ever gone broke banking on the worst in people.

There will definitely be many places where minority voters will likely be targets, I fear.

Good thing there isn't a movie literally coming out about an election day filled with citizens murdering each other.

13 Hours? I heard that sucked.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1562 on: July 05, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »
Jeff Garlin and Jeremy Piven on back to back days? Might as well make John Belushi a permanent member of the broadcast team, Tony Siragusa-style, at this point. Someone should face criminal charges over this.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1563 on: July 06, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 05, 2016, 04:06:14 PM
Jeff Garlin and Jeremy Piven on back to back days? Might as well make John Belushi a permanent member of the broadcast team, Tony Siragusa-style, at this point. Someone should face criminal charges over this.

John is still a better choice than Jim.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1564 on: July 06, 2016, 10:35:01 AM »

Jeff Garlin's Pat Hughes imitation is worse than my Harvey Wittenberg.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1565 on: July 06, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 06, 2016, 10:35:01 AM

Jeff Garlin's Pat Hughes imitation is worse than my Harvey Wittenberg.

I was listening to that game on the radio in the car on the way home Monday, and my wife woke up from the nap she was taking in the passenger seat to demand that I turn it off until he was out of the booth because he was so fucking annoying. Pat was getting very obviously irritated that he was shouting over the play by play
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1566 on: August 08, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
Well, I guess there was no point in calling security for a well-being check last Monday (when they at least had a carrier): WHPK has bedbugs.

Good luck getting that vinyl to 118°F for 20 minutes.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1567 on: August 09, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »
Who the fucking hell is doing the play-by-play tonight? The closest thing I can come up with to compare to the dismayingly nasal delivery is Mandarin at its worst.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1568 on: August 09, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 09, 2016, 07:18:05 PM
Who the fucking hell is doing the play-by-play tonight? The closest thing I can come up with to compare to the dismayingly nasal delivery is Mandarin at its worst.

Jeff Joniak, who normally is ruining already terrible Bears games on the radio.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1569 on: August 09, 2016, 07:54:51 PM »
Quote from: BC on August 09, 2016, 07:33:47 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on August 09, 2016, 07:18:05 PM

Jeff Joniak, who normally is ruining already terrible Bears games on the radio.

Jeezums. I'd rather hear Coomer going solo. I had the volume down to background-noise level, but the Contreras "get outta here" delivery made it to my ears. I may have to switch this off entirely.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1570 on: August 24, 2016, 10:42:15 PM »
The Score should be fined for putting Hub's moronic sports opinions on the air, especially on baseball.  He's completely clueless and I wish he was a Sox fan.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1571 on: September 06, 2016, 08:28:23 PM »
Our old friend Chip Caray's shouting over Dansby Swanson's first MLB home run proclaimed it to be an "inside-the-park bomb," which is not a thing because if it was a bomb he wouldn't need to run so hard. It makes more sense than "line drive base hit caught out there," though.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1572 on: September 06, 2016, 10:54:13 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 06, 2016, 08:28:23 PM
Our old friend Chip Caray's shouting over Dansby Swanson's first MLB home run proclaimed it to be an "inside-the-park bomb," which is not a thing because if it was a bomb he wouldn't need to run so hard. It makes more sense than "line drive base hit caught out there," though.

He didn't even have to run hard. The Nats' outfielders appeared to be jogging. And their catcher didn't even pretend to attempt a tag at the plate.

It reminded me of this:

or this:

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1573 on: October 04, 2016, 08:00:59 PM »
Whoever the fuck Jon Sciambi and Chris Singleton are, I would like to express my true appreciation for their talents at yammering so incessantly that I remembered that Gameday was still available in case I wanted to figured out what the fuck was going on in the actual game.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1574 on: October 04, 2016, 11:51:04 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 04, 2016, 08:00:59 PM
Whoever the fuck Jon Sciambi and Chris Singleton are, I would like to express my true appreciation for their talents at yammering so incessantly that I remembered that Gameday was still available in case I wanted to figured out what the fuck was going on in the actual game.

I find Sciambi's style incredibly irritating. Co-sign.

Also want to recognize how good we have it. Len and JD are a delight. Pat is Pat. Ron sucks, but hey, three out of four ain't bad.