News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,598 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1635 on: April 02, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on March 29, 2017, 08:16:51 PM
Dancing with the Stars updates on Cubs podcasts.

Heh.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1636 on: April 15, 2017, 04:39:30 PM »
"Clear the deck cannonball coming" in the most nasally voice this side of DUI Dan McLaughlin. If nothing else this game has revived my hatred of the Pirates.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1637 on: April 26, 2017, 12:14:19 AM »
It's not totally unlistenable but quite disconcerting that the radio stream from "MLB At Bat Premium"* didn't include any crowd noises on my first experience Tuesday evening.

* I've been lugging one of these around, but it wasn't even worth trying at the library:

I mean, maybe this wing would allow AM reception, but the whole operation was getting ridiculous as it was.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1638 on: May 27, 2017, 07:02:31 PM »
Jesus, Joe Buck shut the fuck up.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1639 on: May 27, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 27, 2017, 07:02:31 PM

What's he saying?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1640 on: May 28, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 27, 2017, 07:37:24 PM
Quote from: flannj on May 27, 2017, 07:02:31 PM

What's he saying?

It's not so much what he says it's just that he won't stop talking.
I'M TRYING TO WATCH A GAME HERE!
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1642 on: January 19, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 19, 2018, 12:34:31 PM
The Chicago Shite Sox might be totally unlistenable if a bankruptcy court grants the Big 89's wishes to be let out of the Sox and Bulls contracts.

The reminds me of the time in the 1980's when Metromedia Channel 32 (WFLD) sued the Sox to get out of the contract they were in because their product was so puky.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1643 on: January 19, 2018, 02:47:38 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 19, 2018, 12:34:31 PM
The Chicago Shite Sox might be totally unlistenable if a bankruptcy court grants the Big 89's wishes to be let out of the Sox and Bulls contracts.

I bet Chicago's Sound Experiment WNUR-FM can find some airtime on the internet-only stream amid the freeform fusion jazz and experimental hardcore windchime rap.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1644 on: January 23, 2018, 07:53:23 AM »
This is where CT and me buying SportsWebio finally starts reaping benefits.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1645 on: April 28, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »
Petition to rename this thread "Totally Unlistenable Presented by Jim Belushi."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1646 on: May 02, 2018, 01:03:11 AM »
I would tear out the vocal cords from Sandra Tsing Loh with my bare hands if I thought I could get away with it. Worse than Terri Gross. Possibly not as bad as the "Definitely Not the Opera" host, but the latter has departed my perceived world.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1647 on: May 05, 2018, 01:29:23 AM »
I admit it: I'm too tired to find the complementary thread. Did anyone else catch the medical-marijuana ad on the Friday radio broadcast?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1648 on: May 06, 2018, 08:12:39 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 05, 2018, 01:29:23 AM
I admit it: I'm too tired to find the complementary thread. Did anyone else catch the medical-marijuana ad on the Friday radio broadcast?

Who sponsored it?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1649 on: September 30, 2018, 07:52:13 PM »
The most recent episode of Philosophy Talk (from September 23) on Sartre is appropriately death in life, but I can't find anything else to listen to.

[Edit.—Jesus, just fucking "transcend" ontology already. As compared with methodological naturalism, it has no "facticity." Freaking gasbag.]

[Edit 2.—Have you heard the one about the U. of C. football player who confused left guard with Kierkegaard?]