News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Season 2009-2010  ( 37,911 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
NBA Season 2009-2010
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:13:46 PM »
Since the Bulls are now significant, and last season is over...figured it was time for a new thread.

Interesting draft prospects at 16 and 26.

K.C. reporting, among other things, that

The Bulls have held trade talks with several teams about packaging picks Nos. 16 and 26 into one higher selection, with two league sources insisting the target is Duke shooting guard Gerald Henderson.

I assume you only do this if Gordon is a lock not to come back. 

Still think that with Deng coming back there are too many odd-fitting pieces here to not make a trade, but that was the thinking going into last season with 14 guards, and that worked out...decently.

The Bulls still feel like Rose and a bunch of questionable guys, though better than a year ago.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Season 2009-2010
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »
Pen, you've got about two more days to hop on the Okie City bandwagon with me before all the seats are taken.  It's Ricky Rubio or STEPH CURRY and either's fine with me.  Sam Presti's seen Arizona State play.  He knows about Harden and he's not really fooled by workout numbers.  Presti's gonna take the guy ya can't not watch and then everyone's gonna lovin' this team. 

You have 2 days.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
Quote from: JD on June 23, 2009, 08:37:40 PM
Pen, you've got about two more days to hop on the Okie City bandwagon with me before all the seats are taken.  It's Ricky Rubio or STEPH CURRY and either's fine with me.  Sam Presti's seen Arizona State play.  He knows about Harden and he's not really fooled by workout numbers.  Presti's gonna take the guy ya can't not watch and then everyone's gonna lovin' this team. 

You have 2 days.

I'm just gonna wait a bit and hop on the bandwagon of whatever team JD switches to in the middle of next season.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 12:19:30 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 23, 2009, 09:13:36 PM

You have 2 days.

I'm just gonna wait a bit and hop on the bandwagon of whatever team JD switches to in the middle of next season.

I have a growing suspicion that JD no longer roots for the Cubs.

Boo!
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 07:30:15 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4282279

Why do the Wiz need Foye?  That's a pretty big trade, though.  The Timberwolves have about 14 first round picks.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »
The Twolves are going to package their 4 1st round picks and draft Coach K.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 06:17:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 23, 2009, 09:13:36 PM

You have 2 days.

If they take Harden, then I'll be on the lookout.  That's for sure.  I do not positive guys that play slow in college.  And he's left-handed.  I have no real allegiances to any NBA team because it only interests me about 2 months out of the year.  If Curry goes to the Knicks to join forces with D'Antoni, then you might not have to wait until midseason to find out which team's bandwagon we'll be cuddling on come playoff time.

Quote from: MAD on June 24, 2009, 12:19:30 AM
I have a growing suspicion that JD no longer roots for the Cubs.

Boo!

No, I do.  The cubs are like herpes.  I'll never be able to fully get them out of my system.  However, I haven't been able to watch much baseball this year, so it's hard to talk about them.  If I made it through the Dusty/Neifi/Burnitz years, then not a thing's gonna chase me off.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:49:49 PM »
Well, now I don't know what team to follow. 

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
Quote from: JD on June 26, 2009, 05:49:49 PM

I would stick with the Thundernuggets.
Even though Harden was a questionable pick, there's still a nice nucleus there with Green, Durant and Westbrook.
Seems like Presti knows what he's doing, maybe he truly feels that Westbrook is the guy they want with the ball and didn't want to let a 17 year old Spanish kid take over the offense.

Not sure he's right and I don't think Harden's going to be a great pro.....never mind, it was a shitty pick.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 06:11:52 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 26, 2009, 06:06:38 PM

Even though Harden was a questionable pick, there's still a nice nucleus there with Green, Durant and Westbrook.
Seems like Presti knows what he's doing, maybe he truly feels that Westbrook is the guy they want with the ball and didn't want to let a 17 year old Spanish kid take over the offense.

Not sure he's right and I don't think Harden's going to be a great pro.....never mind, it was a shitty pick.

Rubio and his dad are already trying to call the shots. The ThunderNuggets did ok.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 26, 2009, 06:11:52 PM

Rubio and his dad are already trying to call the shots. The ThunderNuggets did ok.

Even if not Rubio, seems like Curry over Harden would make sense.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:57:45 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 26, 2009, 06:14:42 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 26, 2009, 06:11:52 PM

Even if not Rubio, seems like Curry over Harden would make sense.

CURRY and Rubio are special.  Harden is, most definitely, not.  Some players have a little extra something in their step.  A hop.  It makes everyone watching the game focus on them.  That's Rubio.  That's CURRY.  Okie City had a chance to take either of 'em and they took freaking Morris Peterson.  I want the star.  I want the exciting guy.  Basketball's supposed to be entertaining.  Entertain me.  I'm selfish like that.  AND, to top it off, Rubio and CURRY go to 2 turr-ble teams.  Minnesota drafted point guards back to back.  Are you kidding me?  They can't play together.  I rarely agree with Dickie V anymore(probably because I generally ignore what he says), but he was exactly right when he said that was the sort of thing that gets coaches fired.  Luckily, Minnesota doesn't have a coach.  And don't take that as a slight against Flynn.  I like him.  Then, CURRY ends up in Golden State.  Will I ever see him play now?  No.  Plus, he'll be in the same backcourt as Monta Ellis and beside Stephen Jackson.  I don't care that Nelson's there.  Nelson's old and gettin' senile.  Seriously, this draft couldn't have turned out worse.  Blake Griffin's knee(one of 'em) will go out sometime in the third preseason game.  Rubio's gonna stay in Spain(smart move...stay away from that crazy Minnesota dude).  And CURRY's gonna be quickly labeled a bust because he's in a sorry situation.  The fact that James Harden played in a college system that was designed to get him points doesn't make me feel better.  Julius Hodge averaged almost 20 under Sendek...I don't want him on the team either.  It's all just very disappointing.   

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 04:36:20 PM »
Quote from: JD on June 26, 2009, 06:57:45 PM
And CURRY's gonna be quickly labeled a bust because he's in a sorry situation.

Not sure about that.  Golden State may not win a lot, but if Curry stays there, he very well could average 20 a game as a rookie.  No one would call him a bust then.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 27, 2009, 04:36:20 PM
Quote from: JD on June 26, 2009, 06:57:45 PM
And CURRY's gonna be quickly labeled a bust because he's in a sorry situation.

Not sure about that.  Golden State may not win a lot, but if Curry stays there, he very well could average 20 a game as a rookie.  No one would call him a bust then.

Yeah, but I'm saying that's gonna be hard playing with Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson.  They're goofballs and I don't want STEPH CURRY around those types of persons.  Plus, it just seems like Nelson's been fickle with young players' playing time the last few years.  He's old.  I think he forgets who's on his team.  I could be wrong about the playing time.  I'm not gonna do too much research on it(that means there won't be ANY research into it).  And don't correct me if I am wrong, though.  Save yourself some time, Eli.  You can't change my mind.   

If Nelson lets him go like he did with Dirk, then it's all gonna be peaches and gravy. Except for the fact that I won't ever get to see him play.   

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »
Just in case anyone was wondering, Tyrus would like you to know that he's the starting Power Forward for the Bulls.

The draft! I keep getting the question "what's up with the two forwards?" Let me say this, I'm the starting power forward and I don't plan on playing anywhere but Chicago. Some may say I'm arrogant, or full of myself, some may even say I'm crazy! I'm just giving yall the truth.

In other news, Tyrus Thomas has a blog.