News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Nixonland  ( 22,064 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Nixonland
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 11:02:31 AM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 11:31:01 AM »
THIS THREAD IS DEAD TO ME.  DEAD. TO. ME.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 12, 2010, 11:31:01 AM
THIS THREAD IS DEAD TO ME.  DEAD. TO. ME.

"Doot doot doodoodoot doo doo doot doodoo..."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 11:56:07 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
This thread needs to die of some kind of superbug variant.

FUCK.  THIS.  SHIT.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Here, Gil. One of Nixon just having fun:

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 08:39:30 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 29, 2010, 09:52:37 AM
TPD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seoulfuladventures/4936124529/

Perhaps that helps explain this...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/world/asia/29japan.html

QuoteKYOTO, Japan — The demonstrators appeared one day in December, just as children at an elementary school for ethnic Koreans were cleaning up for lunch. The group of about a dozen Japanese men gathered in front of the school gate, using bullhorns to call the students cockroaches and Korean spies.

Inside, the panicked students and teachers huddled in their classrooms, singing loudly to drown out the insults, as parents and eventually police officers blocked the protesters' entry.

The December episode was the first in a series of demonstrations at the Kyoto No. 1 Korean Elementary School that shocked conflict-averse Japan, where even political protesters on the radical fringes are expected to avoid embroiling regular citizens, much less children. Responding to public outrage, the police arrested four of the protesters this month on charges of damaging the school's reputation.

More significantly, the protests also signaled the emergence here of a new type of ultranationalist group. The groups are openly anti-foreign in their message, and unafraid to win attention by holding unruly street demonstrations.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:50 AM »
Nixon wasn't prejudiced, but...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/11/us/politics/11nixon.html

QuoteIn a conversation Feb. 13, 1973, with Charles W. Colson, a senior adviser who had just told Nixon that he had always had "a little prejudice," Nixon said he was not prejudiced but continued: "I've just recognized that, you know, all people have certain traits."

"The Jews have certain traits," he said. "The Irish have certain — for example, the Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks. Particularly the real Irish."

Nixon continued: "The Italians, of course, those people course don't have their heads screwed on tight. They are wonderful people, but," and his voice trailed off.

A moment later, Nixon returned to Jews: "The Jews are just a very aggressive and abrasive and obnoxious personality."

I laughed.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 09:31:44 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 13, 2010, 08:37:50 AM

QuoteIn a conversation Feb. 13, 1973, with Charles W. Colson, a senior adviser who had just told Nixon that he had always had "a little prejudice," Nixon said he was not prejudiced but continued: "I've just recognized that, you know, all people have certain traits."

"The Jews have certain traits," he said. "The Irish have certain — for example, the Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks. Particularly the real Irish."

Nixon continued: "The Italians, of course, those people course don't have their heads screwed on tight. They are wonderful people, but," and his voice trailed off.

A moment later, Nixon returned to Jews: "The Jews are just a very aggressive and abrasive and obnoxious personality."

I laughed.

For the record--and this can be affirmed by many morans here--I have always been a happy drunk.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 13, 2010, 09:31:44 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 13, 2010, 08:37:50 AM

I laughed.

For the record--and this can be affirmed by many morans here--I have always been a happy drunk.

So you're only a prick when you're sober?