News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,540 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11
« Reply #1230 on: February 12, 2010, 10:04:38 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 12, 2010, 09:58:49 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 12, 2010, 09:49:26 AM
Even Eli stopped arguing in favor of the guy once he was gone.

EXACTLY. 

Yeti's recent sabermetric burst has shown me just how annoying I've been all these years.  I'd like to apologize to everyone for everything I've ever said, and I'm truly sorry for all those times I quoted made-up stats from Fangraphs. 

I'm not out to ridicule sabermetrics, nor am I out to say anything against you, Eli. Hell, I still like that obese sonofabitch. I'm just saying that before making or continuing an argument, one should ask themselves exactly What they wish to accomplish with said argument. If the goal is to convince a bunch of people who'd rather just move on and forget about Milton Bradley that he was in fact a great baseball player and that we'll rue the very day we lost him, it's not going to happen, so why waste the time?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1231 on: February 12, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »
I'm with SKO on this. And I'm a giant flaming bag of statfaggotry.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1232 on: February 12, 2010, 10:07:59 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 12, 2010, 10:03:15 AM
Come on!  No one can take away the awesome sense of self-righteousness I feel when someone defends Juan Pierre because he gets 200 hits.

And no one should  take that away from you.

Quote from: SKO on February 12, 2010, 10:04:38 AM
I'm not out to ridicule sabermetrics, nor am I out to say anything against you, Eli. Hell, I still like that obese sonofabitch. I'm just saying that before making or continuing an argument, one should ask themselves exactly What they wish to accomplish with said argument. If the goal is to convince a bunch of people who'd rather just move on and forget about Milton Bradley that he was in fact a great baseball player and that we'll rue the very day we lost him, it's not going to happen, so why waste the time?

Completely agree.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1233 on: February 12, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
Quote from: Jon on February 12, 2010, 10:05:54 AM
I'm with SKO on this. And I'm a giant flaming bag of statfaggotry.

I'm generally a statfaggot myself. Granted, I understand football statfaggotry much better and generally concede to people on the baseball front, but for god's sakes it's not about the stats anymore. Milton had a shitty year that wasn't as shitty as it's been portrayed, but he's gone and the fucking argument over how WE WRONGED MILTY just needs to go away.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1234 on: February 12, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 12, 2010, 10:04:38 AM

EXACTLY. 

Yeti's recent sabermetric burst has shown me just how annoying I've been all these years.  I'd like to apologize to everyone for everything I've ever said, and I'm truly sorry for all those times I quoted made-up stats from Fangraphs. 

Actually, I kind of try to come off as a douche, and I'm pretty sure I succeed. I realize my Milton love is insufferable...

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1235 on: February 12, 2010, 10:15:24 AM »

EXACTLY. 

I accept your apology. Your contrition has moved me somewhere deep inside. I've lit a match in your honor.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1236 on: February 12, 2010, 01:56:52 PM »
Milton has talent, but he didn't want to share it with the Cubs. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1237 on: February 12, 2010, 02:22:12 PM »
I don't have any problem with Sabermetrics.  It's interesting stuff, and when studied by people who understand them, pretty useful.  I know who those people are, because they can explain it to dopes like us.

Too bad the two Cubs blogs made up of guys who want to understand them, are instead made up of guys who really don't.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"